Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Owen Tippett signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $6.2M AAV)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Wow, haven't kept up with him much but good for him. I remember when he kept being thrown around in every trade proposal and no one seemed excited at the idea of acquiring him.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Good deal 8 years takes him to 32, good timing

I still remember him barely cracking florida’s lineup. He didn’t really look anything other than a random guy. I thought at best he’d be a 3rd liner and after the deal he didn’t really do to well the rest of the season

But man the past two seasons he’s improved so much. Become a great player in Philly and if he can continue to produce 25+ goals and 55+ I think this will be a good deal.

Solid deal for philly and tippett
He keeps getting better as a player, this is really going to be a steal.
I was leary of him, but he's turned his game around. The risk of term is mitigated by the fact that he's both fairly big and very fast, so even if his scoring dries up at the end of the contract, he should still be able to contribute.

See kids, all it takes is one spinaround goal of the week and you cash in!

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Wow this is going to end up a being a great deal that everyone looks back at and says "How???"

I'm not. $6 Mil over 8 years could be a steal by year 6 with the cap projections.
Going to be a steal next year tbh

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I have not followed him closely. He was in bust territory in Florida. it changed for him in Philadelphia. I am curious…hoe much of that is linemstes/ usage vs him putting things together?
He's the only player on the team that can score highlight-reel goals.
I have not followed him closely. He was in bust territory in Florida. it changed for him in Philadelphia. I am curious…hoe much of that is linemstes/ usage vs him putting things together?
Flyers are on a 4 game losing streak since he came out of the lineup because of injury. He's regularly scoring highlight-reel goals, especially in 2024 ever since he's changed his stick blade. He also can fly - highest mph on record so far this season.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wow this is going to end up a being a great deal that everyone looks back at and says "How???"

Going to be a steal next year tbh

Are they? He's had two good seasons, not really sure how he could make much more than this. If he breaks out then great but that won't change that this is a fair deal for the player he is now. He gets security of 8 years and Flyers lock him in for his prime.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Are they? He's had two good seasons, not really sure how he could make much more than this. If he breaks out then great but that won't change that this is a fair deal for the player he is now. He gets security of 8 years and Flyers lock him in for his prime.
It reminds me of Adrian Kempe. Thought same thing at his signing, and it immediately looks like a great deal the next year.

Edit: looking at their stats and ages more, the comparable is uncanny.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
As Torts said, sometimes he stinks defensively but generates a lot of offense.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Already 30+20 player for two years playing under defensive system. He's already almost worth it, and the contract is from age 25 to 34. potential to be a steal in future considering the salary cap raises.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's the only player on the team that can score highlight-reel goals.

Flyers are on a 4 game losing streak since he came out of the lineup because of injury. He's regularly scoring highlight-reel goals, especially in 2024 ever since he's changed his stick blade. He also can fly - highest mph on record so far this season.
I'm sure that that nothing to do with a certain goalie who was carrying the team far beyond their expected standing not being able to control himself and being on leave as a result.

The flyers were largely being carried by their low goals against, and it's not their d which is great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad