Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Owen Tippett signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $6.2M AAV)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Seems like a lot based on past deals for other players but we have to re-adjust each season for escalating salaries and cap. He's not IMO a core player but he's now shown over a season and a half that he's pretty much much a lock to be a 30 goal, 50 points support winger who can slot around your top 9. He will be 25 in a couple weeks so this deal is his big contract of his career, it'll take him into his 30's.

If anything, it just makes Farabee look like that much more of a bargain....although Farabee will be getting another shot at a bumper deal in his prime.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This is going rate for 30'ish goal, 50+ point players. Nothing shocking here. Cap going up doesn't just mean elite level players are going to see more money. On pace for 46+ non playerplay points. I'd like to see him start getting more minutes though.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Good deal 8 years takes him to 32, good timing

I still remember him barely cracking florida’s lineup. He didn’t really look anything other than a random guy. I thought at best he’d be a 3rd liner and after the deal he didn’t really do to well the rest of the season

But man the past two seasons he’s improved so much. Become a great player in Philly and if he can continue to produce 25+ goals and 55+ I think this will be a good deal.

Solid deal for philly and tippett

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good example of the "paying for prediction, not performance". I've always like the kid so I think this contract will be a good value for both sides.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It’s really not. He’s turned himself into a very good player and that should be a bargain as the cap increases.

I have not followed him closely. He was in bust territory in Florida. it changed for him in Philadelphia. I am curious…hoe much of that is linemstes/ usage vs him putting things together?

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
I have not followed him closely. He was in bust territory in Florida. it changed for him in Philadelphia. I am curious…hoe much of that is linemstes/ usage vs him putting things together?
Did you see the goal of the year he scored the other night? He's skating like Nathan Mackinnon out there. He was definitely in bust territory in Florida, he probably was still on the fence early on in Philly...it's clear his confidence and other things have now come together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad