Trade: [PHI/CLE] Eagles acquire #2 pick from Browns

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
For his sake, I hope Bradford either stays away completely or does Carson a favor and becomes a mentor of sorts (insert joke). The last thing a rookie QB needs is a pouty mediocre guy hanging around as a distraction, even if I do think the Eagles ****ed him over here.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
For his sake, I hope Bradford either stays away completely or does Carson a favor and becomes a mentor of sorts (insert joke). The last thing a rookie QB needs is a pouty mediocre guy hanging around as a distraction, even if I do think the Eagles ****ed him over here.

Another reason i wasn't keen on the Broncos trading for him.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Chase Daniel is the perfect guy to mentor and work with Wentz. He knows the offense and the coach inside out. The Eagles need to move on from Bradford one way or another.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

This is true

Look at 2006 Broncos as example of this

Plummer had no interest in helping young 1st round QB and was a pouty ****** from all accounts

He also completely checked out once he lost his starting job

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cutler has cited his willingness to help any QB the Bears may draft this year or next

Cited his own experiences as rookie in NFL as a major reason he would like to help young QB adjust to NFL life and learn game

He and the QB coach butted heads too.

I remember a lot of fluff pieces about Plummer in years after 06 especially as people turned on Cutler during McDaniels debacle

Total whitewashing of all of Plummer's nonsense and trying to spin his checking out as some grand injustice. He sucked in 2006 and deserved his benching

Spinning it as some unjust action was laughable by media

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Bradford wouldn't even be that great of a mentor. He's basically been around for 3.5 years as an actual QB. Daniel makes more sense, while he doesn't have that much experience himself Pederson hand-picked him as his "backup" and he knows the system in and out.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
13092171_10206531426105886_7160974418103741705_n.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So overrated.

Call me when he does something that doesn't involved being a part of one of the most dominant Div II programs in history and beating inferior competition.

He's done as a starter within 3 seasons, maybe less.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
So overrated.

Call me when he does something that doesn't involved being a part of one of the most dominant Div II programs in history and beating inferior competition.

I'm sure you've drawn your conclusions from all those NDSU games you've seen.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So overrated.

There's a big difference between Division II and FCS, which is where he came from. He's also beaten every FBS team he's played.

Joe Flacco was from a farrrrrr less successful program and has done just fine.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Joe Flacco was also dominant. Wentz wasn't. Even when they beat Iowa State, he barely broke 200 yards passing. Not saying he won't be good but its no slam dunk.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Joe Flacco was also dominant. Wentz wasn't. Even when they beat Iowa State, he barely broke 200 yards passing. Not saying he won't be good but its no slam dunk.

You really don't know the offense they run now do you? Considering they only threw the ball 28 times and it was his first ever start I thought he did a good job. Completed 18 passes for 204 yards and ran for another 44. But you have your opinion and that's fine. Considering where Carson came from and a fairly small sample size I don't blame folks for thinking he is overrated.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He hasnt played a down in the NFL. I would consider him a project though, and probably wont play at all until 2017.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I find it funny how dismissive people are of Bradford when talking up this Wentz kid. Surely if anything Bradford is a cautionary tale here. I believed at the time Bradford was one of those instances where a team took him where they took him because they felt they had to take a QB high and wishful thinking led them to believe Bradford could be a franchise QB. He was no sure thing and not seen as such at the time either. The same holds true for Wentz just as much, perhaps more so.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I find it funny how dismissive people are of Bradford when talking up this Wentz kid. Surely if anything Bradford is a cautionary tale here. I believed at the time Bradford was one of those instances where a team took him where they took him because they felt they had to take a QB high and wishful thinking led them to believe Bradford could be a franchise QB. He was no sure thing and not seen as such at the time either. The same holds true for Wentz just as much, perhaps more so.

I disagree, Bradford had won the Heisman and starred at a big school & had one of the ebst college QB seasons of all time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wentz getting on the field this year depends on what the Eagles are doing. If they're 3-9, Wentz will definitely get on the field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad