Trade: [PHI/CLE] Eagles acquire #2 pick from Browns

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Great trade for the Browns. Move down only 6 spots and get a ton back. That 2017 1st rounder could be 15th or so.

It's not like whichever QB goes 2 was some guarantee either, especially with how shallow the Browns roster is.

Eagles fans not approving of it in the twitter replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Great job Browns. They can plug some holes on the team with those picks and get their QB next season if RG3 is a failure.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It's just completely ridiculous, what teams are giving up to move into position. I hope Seattle trades down more than ever.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Great job Browns. They can plug some holes on the team with those picks and get their QB next season if RG3 is a failure.

I think they would've stayed had the Rams not traded up. They were likely targeting Goff. With him presumably off the board, they tank this year (2-14, 1-15 season coming up), and end up with a top pick next season and get a better batch of QB prospects to select from.

Add to that, they get an additional first next season, and other picks to help round out their team. This trade really sets them up going forth.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
::Kevin Costner joke::

This would be a great deal for the Browns, if it wasn't for the fact they'll just do a bunch of Browns things to ensure the Browns will continue being the Browns

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
::Kevin Costner joke::

This would be a great deal for the Browns, if it wasn't for the fact they'll just do a bunch of Browns things to ensure the Browns will continue being the Browns

True. How's that haul from the Julio Jones trade?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Why I'm not a fan of it. To make this move, I think the Eagles thing Wentz will play soon. Otherwise, that's way too much to give up to see no return for 2 years. QB's typically take their biggest leap between year 1 and 2. It's one thing to be a late 1st rounder like Rodgers was, but this is trading up, and the #2 pick in the draft. If the #2 pick can't get on the field in the Year 1, he isn't worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad