Trade: [PHI/CLE] Eagles acquire #2 pick from Browns

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
They traded that much to move up 6 spots?? As a Cowboys fan I'm so happy, I thought they were going to draft Zeke.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great move for the Browns if they weren't in love with Goff/Wentz. I hope they don't turn around and take Lynch at #8 now.......

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
It's a really good trade for the Browns. However, they'll have to prove they can make use of the picks AND somehow find an answer at QB.

1) Remember, Julio Jones could be a Brown instead of a bunch of lesser players

2) They pass on a legit QB prospect YET AGAIN. And I don't care if these guys aren't Andrew Luck, they're top prospects who not one but TWO teams have now traded up to take. So don't try to pass that the Browns couldn't have used one. I guess they're banking on RG3 and I happen to personally think he can turn it around, but if he doesn't... well it's yet another basement throwaway year for the Browns.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the browns are just scared that they would have inevitably ruined goff/wentz

not a bad move for them

as for the eagles, i get they want a franchise QB but why keep bradford around? he's not the kind of QB you'd want "mentoring" a rookie

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wow that's a lot to give up to only move 6 spots. Great haul for the Browns. Unfortunately for the Browns, they actually have to draft and develop well in order for this to pan out. They have far more chances this way though.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
2) They pass on a legit QB prospect YET AGAIN. And I don't care if these guys aren't Andrew Luck, they're top prospects who not one but TWO teams have now traded up to take. So don't try to pass that the Browns couldn't have used one. I guess they're banking on RG3 and I happen to personally think he can turn it around, but if he doesn't... well it's yet another basement throwaway year for the Browns.

Well to be fair they already have a QB that someone traded up to take :sarcasm:

as for the eagles, i get they want a franchise QB but why keep bradford around? he's not the kind of QB you'd want "mentoring" a rookie

Probably just posturing so they can try to get a 5th or something without teams feeling they can get him for free after being cut.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Maybe I am an idiot and just flat out missing something, but my Jaguars feed thinks this is a huge blessing for them?

Someone care to enlighten me on why I am stupid?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This is a great trade for the Browns on paper.

HOWEVER...I would have zero faith in Cleveland to make those picks count.

Bonus points if indeed RGIII is washed up and what's left of Wentz/Goff turn out to be the real deal.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
the browns are just scared that they would have inevitably ruined goff/wentz

not a bad move for them

Releasing Bradford right now after signing would not only destroy their cap space but also kill their rep with player agents.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's a really good trade for the Browns. However, they'll have to prove they can make use of the picks AND somehow find an answer at QB.

1) Remember, Julio Jones could be a Brown instead of a bunch of lesser players

When else did they do this? 2012 sure T-Rich flopped but he was seen as the next great RB and Tannehill hasn't exactly been lights out the last couple years.

Even when they traded down for Jones they only "missed out" on Gabbert & Locker.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Releasing Bradford right now after signing would not only destroy their cap space but also kill their rep with player agents.

that's why you try to trade him

keeping bradford and drafting wentz/goff is moronic

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
When was the last time the No. 1 and 2 picks were both traded in the same draft?

Here -

Previous years in which the top two picks were traded, according to Stats:

1967, when New Orleans sent the top spot to the Baltimore Colts, who took Bubba Smith, and the Giants sent the second pick to Minnesota, which grabbed Clint Jones.

1975, when Atlanta got the No. 1 selection from the Colts and took Steve Bartkowski, while Dallas acquired No. 2 from the Giants to take Randy White.

1997, when the Rams got the top spot from the Jets to draft Orlando Pace, and the Saints sent the No. 2 selection to the Raiders, who picked Darrell Russell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad