Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (summer 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully it's sign of things to come but it looks like the Phantoms put a little bit of production in their recent YouTube videos. The game highlights randomly switching on & off between silent, game sounds, & the commentator was awful last year. So hopefully that's changed as well.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I swear, that guy hits the ****ing random button, and it's always stupid.

He also loves to throw some random Russians in his top rankings, that no one else has near the top.

I highly doubt this guy watches a whole lot of KHL/MHL prospects.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Article that talks about the Flyers LW/RW imbalance and how NAK might be best served by switching to LW in Junior this season.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nicolas-aube-kubel-what-to-watch-for-in-2015-16/

During the World Junior Summer Showcase, Aube-Kubel lined up for much of two games on the left wing. His linemates included fellow Flyers draftee Travis Konecny and his current teammate, 2016 draft eligible Julien Gauthier. Through two games at left wing during the Showcase, Aube-Kubel earned three assists and looked to fit in nicely.

If Aube-Kubel is able to play left wing, that would dramatically help his stock within the Flyers prospect pool. Right now, as left wing prospects go, the only guy who seems to have top six promise is Swedish prospect Oskar Lindblom. After Lindblom, the only left wing prospects who seem to have a shot at the NHL are Taylor Leier and Radel Fazleev (who also plays center). At the NHL level, the Flyers are not exceptionally deep at left wing either.

The right side is a different story for the organization. The Flyers have Jakub Voracek and Wayne Simmonds locked up for the foreseeable future. Brayden Schenn has shown that he can be effective at right wing, and if Sam Gagner does not play his natural center position this season, he will likely start on the right side. In terms of prospects, Aube-Kubel is now playing second fiddle to Travis Konecny. He also has prospects with high-end upside like David Kase and Cooper Marody breathing down his neck.

Switching over to left wing would also help Aube-Kubel’s junior team, Val D’Or. The team looks to have little depth at left wing heading into next season. At right wing, however, they have a projected first round talent in Julien Gauthier. Gauthier, a 6’4″, 221lbs right winger had 73 points (38G, 35A) in 68b games last season. Instead of having to compete for playing time and a spot on the top line, it would be helpful for the Foreurs to be able to roll out a line with both Aube-Kubel and Gauthier.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Article that talks about the Flyers LW/RW imbalance and how NAK might be best served by switching to LW in Junior this season.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nicolas-aube-kubel-what-to-watch-for-in-2015-16/

I'm not clicking on the link but who wrote it? He already does play LW (and C) a good bit for Val d'Or. They had a bunch of righties. Canada even thought enough to give him a look there. And Kase and Marody "breathing down his neck"? :laugh: He's the only one with a contract last I checked. There is quite the gap at the moment.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not clicking on the link but who wrote it? He already does play LW (and C) a good bit for Val d'Or. They had a bunch of righties. Canada even thought enough to give him a look there.

Yes, that's mentioned in the first sentence of the quote. The end of the article is about him switching to LW as his regular position.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yes, that's mentioned in the first sentence of the quote. The end of the article is about him switching to LW as his regular position.

...yeah because they saw him do it in junior :laugh: It didn't come out of left field. He can play either side just fine. The decision will come from the Flyers. He's still probably a couple years away. A lot can happen.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
18. Konecny
31. Provorov
68. Sanheim

Ghost, Hagg and Morin are Honorable Mentions.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I am glad Hagg is a HM. He really turned his game around the last 2-3 months in the AHL. No idea why people give a 19 turned 20 yr old crap in his first year in the AHL.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I am glad Hagg is a HM. He really turned his game around the last 2-3 months in the AHL. No idea why people give a 19 turned 20 yr old crap in his first year in the AHL.

It's ******** honestly. I guess it's a symptom of having so many great dman prospects.

edit: why is that word censored? Is HF really that much of a stuck up, P.C. forum?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

If he sticks at it maybe one day him (and Morin, and Ghost, and Sanheim) will be as good as #53 Joe Hicketts. :sarcasm:

SchennSational1022*

I used to like Pronman and even interviewed him for a project he was a cool dude, but the guy clearly must be a Rangers fan or something deep down. He has been praising how good Hexy has been drafting and how our system is 10x better, yet he ranks Provorov at 31 (?!?!?!) and Sanheim at 68, ****ing 68?! What the hell is he talking about, I'm done taking that guy serious.

OurSaviorGhostBear

Nov 2, 2014
It confuses me that he has a 7th rounder (holmstrom) from 2014 ahead of Sanheim, two spots behind provorov and ahead of morin/ghost. I mean this has to be a joke right?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No matter how many times you make this claim, it doesn't make it true.

You can look at Hagg getting honorable mention as a postive or you can consider he had him 46th in his January rankings (and 88th this time last year) and now he's an honorable mention on a top 100 list a few months later.

Why no Kase? That's his boy.

Top 30 prospect from the most recent draft doesn't even get HM? What a sham. :laugh:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
No matter how many times you make this claim, it doesn't make it true.

You can look at Hagg getting honorable mention as a postive or you can consider he had him 46th in his January rankings (and 88th this time last year) and now he's an honorable mention on a top 100 list a few months later.

Top 30 prospect from the most recent draft doesn't even get HM? What a sham. :laugh:

Umm i watched around 10-15 of those games and my best friend and his gf went to a bunch of games since they live in Allentown. That and my fiance's cousin is from Fleetwood and watched and went to games. Didnt Bill M. Even write an article on it? I admit thst he looked poor in the beginning but your the only guy I saw who thought he wad horrible the whole season. Only person

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Umm i watched around 10-15 of those games and my best friend and his gf went to a bunch of games since they live in Allentown. That and my fiance's cousin is from Fleetwood and watched and went to games. Didnt Bill M. Even write an article on it? I admit thst he looked poor in the beginning but your the only guy I saw who thought he wad horrible the whole season. Only person

He started off good. Good enough that I was starting to question my own assessment of him and then as the season went along, you started to see the same issues with him. Sure the long season might have gotten to him, but I think it was more "correction" than anything. He might have gotten more opportunities at the end of the year with injuries/promotions, but he was more effective in the beginning of the year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad