Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (summer 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, I could see him being in our bottom 6 for a while. Kid has wheels, he's smart, has decent hands (not good or great, but decent) and is an excellent PKer. A real gamer. Honestly, he reminds me of Laughton, but a little smaller and not as good of hands.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A lot would have to go right for him to be a 2nd liner. I don't think he has that much raw talent. Could be a staple in the bottom 6 two years from now though and if that were to happen it was a really good pick by the scouting staff. It's already a good pick, but if he's a regular, it becomes a great pick.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
A lot would have to go right for him to be a 2nd liner. I don't think he has that much raw talent. Could be a staple in the bottom 6 two years from now though and if that were to happen it was a really good pick by the scouting staff. It's already a good pick, but if he's a regular, it becomes a great pick.
Yeah, I don't see him that high, either, and I think something quite miraculous would have to happen for this to be where he fits on an NHL team. I don't even see him being a sureshot mainstay in the league, though, whatever the role.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, I don't see him that high, either, and I think something quite miraculous would have to happen for this to be where he fits on an NHL team. I don't even see him being a sureshot mainstay in the league, though, whatever the role.

Yeah if you're a bottom 6 guy without much upside, chances are you are going to be fighting for your spot most years. Hard for a guy like that to be a mainstay. They rarely get long-term deals and if they do its with another team willing to give them a chance at a bigger role and more money (Talbot comes to mind).

All things considered, he had a decent rookie year for a player with his track record. You hope he takes another step this season and develops into a role player on a cheap contract during his prime years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Odd timing but Bowling Green just lost a defensemen to the pros (signed with the Blackhawks as a UFA) so Friedman if he wasn't already is likely going to take on a bigger load next year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Odd timing but Bowling Green just lost a defensemen to the pros (signed with the Blackhawks as a UFA) so Friedman if he wasn't already is likely going to take on a bigger load next year.
About the same time they lost Ralfs Freibergs last year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I don't know what he's saying but he lost his tan and now he boxes. I wanna see at least one scrap this year!

SchennSational1022*

I don't know what he's saying but he lost his tan and now he boxes. I wanna see at least one scrap this year!

Have no idea what any of this means obviously, but damn is he solid size for an 18 year old. He has the body for the NHL, no doubt.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
His reach and skating ability are going to let him cover so much of the ice. It never seems to work out so easily, but if three years from now the top 6 was something like this it would be really cool:

Provorov-Sanheim
Morin-Gostisbehere
Hagg-Friedman

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park

Would love if any of our Russian speaking comrades could translate some of the information in this video. Maybe an explanation of why he's boxing haha.. I know it's a good workout and tests reflexes but I'd love to hear if it's because he expects to fight in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad