Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (summer 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone know when the Phantoms schedule is coming out?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
With the recent aqcuisitions the LV Phantoms now have some depth.

Leier-Laughton-Palushaj
Martel-Cousins-McDonald
Straka-Brent-Bardreau
Ghoul-Porter-Conner

Mathers-Goumas-Padakin

Hägg-Alt
Morin-Ghost
Marti-Drewiske

Lukko-Pettersson

I believe Porter played Center before. I think it comes down to how Straka plays this season, if he doesn't improve I can easily see Porter on the 3rd line LW.

Anyway, it's about time the Phantoms reach the play-offs again.

Good LW depth, especially, which is welcome given the limited options on the big club. I am hoping that Martel really stands out. I'd be inclined to turn Straka around and give him first-line minutes instead of Palushaj.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Straka's defensive side of the game is still limited isn't it?

I'd say so.

This is why I can see Palushaj to play on the Phantoms first line. Assuming the chemistry between Leier and Laughton from the season before is an indication they play together, it could work out.

Palushaj is a hard-working guy with a good forecheck and has a scoring touch.

He can play both wings and brings some leadership.

The line gives up some size but otherwise should be hard to play against.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
With the recent aqcuisitions the LV Phantoms now have some depth.

Leier-Laughton-Palushaj
Martel-Cousins-McDonald
Straka-Brent-Bardreau
Ghoul-Porter-Conner

Mathers-Goumas-Padakin

Hägg-Alt
Morin-Ghost
Marti-Drewiske

Lukko-Pettersson

I believe Porter played Center before. I think it comes down to how Straka plays this season, if he doesn't improve I can easily see Porter on the 3rd line LW.

Anyway, it's about time the Phantoms reach the play-offs again.

Laughton needs to be on the Flyers. Bardreau will probably play C. Not a bad looking squad.

SchennSational1022*

Leafs fans trying to tell me Dermoot, Percy (LOL), and Valiev are better prospects than Gostisbehere. Pronman ranking them 2nd (which is a joke in itself) really getting to their heads :laugh:

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
MRW pittsburgh and ny are dead last on rankings

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

SchennSational1022*

MRW pittsburgh and ny are dead last on rankings

Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

Were you expecting anything else? Just looking at their pools is awful. Pens fans on here ***** and blast Ray Shero, but at least they actually won with him at helm and built a decent prospect pool while being competitive. Rutherford has traded all their futures and they still won't win ****.

Rags never have a good prospect pool yet they are always churning out talent, it's infuriating. They always get so lucky, Buchnevic will probably be the next Bure with their luck :laugh:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Can't wait to see where he ranks Hagg this year.

Also, get ready for Konecny at #1, Kase over Ghost/Morin, and all the other normal Pronman quirks. As always undersized wingers are the most important prospects and bonus points are awarded if you're under 6'0 tall.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Can people stop referring to Pronman as a scout? He's not. He's a writer whose opinion has no bearing on how NHL executives operate. He gets paid to do what a lot of people on here do for free. Cool job, but that doesn't make him a professional scout.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Laughton needs to be on the Flyers. Bardreau will probably play C. Not a bad looking squad.

Agreed but if Schenn plays C it may be very hard to find a spot for Laughton. That's why the new coach makes the big bucks though so it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I'm thinking Laughton could start the season at LV and then with the inevitable injuries and roster machinations get a chance later.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Also, get ready for Konecny at #1, Kase over Ghost/Morin, and all the other normal Pronman quirks. As always undersized wingers are the most important prospects and bonus points are awarded if you're under 6'0 tall.

Kase in his top 30 this year was hilarious. By all means I hope he's right but judging by most of his opinions, he's just a goof that people take seriously because his stuff is behind a paywall.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kase in his top 30 this year was hilarious. By all means I hope he's right but judging by most of his opinions, he's just a goof that people take seriously because his stuff is behind a paywall.

Guy had Rocco Girmaldi in his top 15 for the 2011 draft rankings (Landeskog outside of the top 10 as well), that one didn't even need hindsight to tell that it was going to be way off the mark. :laugh:

Last edited:

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Agreed but if Schenn plays C it may be very hard to find a spot for Laughton. That's why the new coach makes the big bucks though so it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I'm thinking Laughton could start the season at LV and then with the inevitable injuries and roster machinations get a chance later.

Exactly, hence why I put Laughton on the LV roster.

Actually, I belive he will benefit from a somewhat revamped and rejuvaneted Phantoms team with Morin and Gostisbehere on the backend coupled with some solid veterans up-front.

Here's hope Gordon can give some positive influence, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad