Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (summer 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't know why you guys get so worked up over what others say about Flyers players and prospects. I am happy when they get underestimated. It gives them a chip on their shoulders to prove it on the ice.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
He started off good. Good enough that I was starting to question my own assessment of him and then as the season went along, you started to see the same issues with him. Sure the long season might have gotten to him, but I think it was more "correction" than anything. He might have gotten more opportunities at the end of the year with injuries/promotions, but he was more effective in the beginning of the year.

I never watched any away games but I saw every home game. I thought Hagg was pretty consistent all season. Solid presence on the backend with not much to speak of in the offensive zone but not a detriment in any way. Except for the games where Manning would score a game winner, I thought Hagg was always our best defenseman

I don't think he'll need a whole lot more time to develop beyond this year and he should get called up for at least a couple games towards the end of the season. I still think he has a 3-4 dman ceiling but is a good bet to be a very strong #5 dman capable of filling in on the penalty kill

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I don't know why you guys get so worked up over what others say about Flyers players and prospects. I am happy when they get underestimated. It gives them a chip on their shoulders to prove it on the ice.
Meh, it doesn't really. But I don't mind them flying under the radar, either.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I honestly doubt these players even know who Pronman is to register a feeling one way or another. He isn't on tv & his work isn't out in the open for all to see.

But in general I think a lot of these guys block out opinionated articles from the media when it comes to on the ice.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Twitter says Pronman had Lindblom at 48. Is that true? If so, that's 20 spots higher than Sanheim. Another real brain twister from Pronman.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
I honestly doubt these players even know who Pronman is to register a feeling one way or another. He isn't on tv & his work isn't out in the open for all to see.

But in general I think a lot of these guys block out opinionated articles from the media when it comes to on the ice.

:laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I never watched any away games but I saw every home game. I thought Hagg was pretty consistent all season. Solid presence on the backend with not much to speak of in the offensive zone but not a detriment in any way. Except for the games where Manning would score a game winner, I thought Hagg was always our best defenseman

I don't think he'll need a whole lot more time to develop beyond this year and he should get called up for at least a couple games towards the end of the season. I still think he has a 3-4 dman ceiling but is a good bet to be a very strong #5 dman capable of filling in on the penalty kill

I can't remember a time when they were so many promising young guys in the AHL that can be called up if the Flyers NHL defense gets a bunch of injuries. Alphabetically...

Alt
Ghost
Hagg
Marti
Morin

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
When you look at the Phantoms roster for next year it could be a Calder cup contender on paper. Hopefully lives up to its potential!

Baby steps. This team hasn't made the playoffs since they left Philly. Let's start there. :laugh:

If some of these guys are as good as we think they are, they might not be on the team when the playoffs roll around. The defense is legit. Could probably use a dynamic forward or two though. Hopefully Martel is a sleeper.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Twitter says Pronman had Lindblom at 48. Is that true? If so, that's 20 spots higher than Sanheim. Another real brain twister from Pronman.

Yes, believe it or not. Bill Meltzer had something to say about it today:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Prospects-Nolet-Zepp-Snider-Hockey-and-More/45/70442

1) Generally speaking, I am not a big fan of prospect rankings. The nature of the beast is that too many of the comparisons are of the apples-to-oranges variety. With that said, I agree with those who have opined that the recently released ESPN rankings of NHL prospects are mystifying. ...

For instance, in ordinal rankings, they have the Flyers top four prospects as Travis Konecny (18th overall), Ivan Provorov (31st overall), Oskar Lindblom (46th overall), and Travis Sanheim (68th). From there, Shayne Gostisbehere, Robert Hägg and Samuel Morin were honorable mentions.

While Lindblom is an intriguing sleeper prospect who has improved by leaps and bounds over the past year --especially in the skating department -- I have not spoken to a single NHL scout who would presently rank the muscular winger above Sanheim. Ditto Konecny and Provorov; which is certainly not a knock on the NHL potential of the highly skilled and feisty forward Konecny but rather an affirmation of how highly regarded Provorov is as an NHL defense prospect.

No NHL team would have taken Konecny above Provorov as the "best player available" on the board in June. Less than two months later, nothing would have changed. Meanwhile, if there was a theoretical redrafting of the 2014 NHL Draft, there's no doubt Lindblom would go much higher than the fifth round. He'd probably go in the second round (which was the consensus of where he was pegged prior to a down year in 2013-14). Would he go higher than Sanheim, who has done nothing but continue to improve since the Flyers drafted him 17th overall last year? Absolutely not.

Keep in mind, though, that these rankings are just one pundit's opinion and it is tough to accurately rank players of different positions and projected roles on the same set of criteria. It often comes down to whom can be more comfortably projected to play higher in an NHL lineup at his respective position. That is closer to the bottom line basis of how the real-life scouting departments of NHL teams make their assessments in apples-to-oranges comparisons.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Baby steps. This team hasn't made the playoffs since they left Philly. Let's start there. :laugh:

If some of these guys are as good as we think they are, they might not be on the team when the playoffs roll around. The defense is legit. Could probably use a dynamic forward or two though. Hopefully Martel is a sleeper.

Exactly. Hexy has lots of veteran two-way players in there to help balance the young D. Leier, Straka, Cousins and Martel should be able to provide some offense.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/with_replies

Just go through his timeline to see the logic we're dealing with here. He bumped Dvorak out of his top 100 (which he shouldn't be on the bubble either way) because he didn't like how he looked last week. It's August!!!

How about this one:

So pretty much he liked Sanheim better as a prospect at the same age, but because Severson is older and played in the NHL, he has more upside (well he totally didn't answer the question, but...). Now I'm not an expert. but wouldn't you trust your initial judgement, especially when Player A (Sanheim) hasn't given you a reason to think he's done developing? If anything his jump in play should give you more reason to hold back on making such a claim. If Severson had such success in his jump to pro hockey (50 games) what do you think Sanheim is going to do with another year of Junior before he makes the jump? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
https://twitter.com/coreypronman/with_replies

Just go through his timeline to see the logic we're dealing with here. He bumped Dvorak out of his top 100 (which he shouldn't be on the bubble either way) because he didn't like how he looked last week. It's August!!!

So pretty much he liked Sanheim better as a prospect at the same age, but because Severson is older and played in the NHL, he's more valuable.

That guy is a poster on here, good to see his obsession with the Flyers extends past this site. :laugh:

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Giroux-Morin-WorkoutDL.jpg

G and Morin working out with eachother this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad