Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc. (summer 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rimouski cannot get any possession going. Kind of been a theme for them in the playoffs. They've overcome it, but I don't know if they can against these teams.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I was afraid this might happen. Kelowna coming off a loss. You knew they'd come out on fire.

Morin could have been more aggressive on the Merkley goal but he was in a tough spot. Someone on Twitter called his effort terrible. I definitely disagree with that.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I was afraid this might happen. Kelowna coming off a loss. You knew they'd come out on fire.

Morin could have been more aggressive on the Merkley goal but he was in a tough spot. Someone on Twitter called his effort terrible. I definitely disagree with that.

He forced Draisaitl to stop at the blue line and took away the passing lane of a streaking winger. Someone from the weakside has to fill the middle of the ice.

Another PP goal for Rimouski.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
He forced Draisaitl to stop at the blue line and took away the passing lane of a streaking winger. Someone from the weakside has to fill the middle of the ice.

That's what I thought. He had no help. He did fine to take away Draisaitl.

Ok, we're back.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Rimouski looks like they never broke out of the zone before. No one works to get open. That's why they get stuck in their zone all the time.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

He didn't force Draisaitl to stop at the blue line. He gave Draisaitl a ton of space to enter the zone then Draisaitl stopped on a dime and found Merkely trailing through the center.

Morin did not cause the goal, but he sure as hell did not do anything to prevent a goal.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He didn't force Draisaitl to stop at the blue line. He gave Draisaitl a ton of space to enter the zone then Draisaitl stopped on a dime and found Merkely trailing through the center.

Morin did not cause the goal, but he sure as hell did not do anything to prevent a goal.
Draisaitl picked up the puck in his own zone. He had a head of steam. I don't know how much tighter he could play it. The confusion came after Deluca had a fly by and caused Kelowna to enter the zone with speed.

In hindsight he could have played it differently, but someone has to fill that lane.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That one's Morins fault too? :laugh:

He's skating the puck behind the Kelowna net, gets no support, eventually they take it away, skate all the way back down the ice and the guy who went back to cover for him gets beat badly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad