Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really want to be in NAK's corner, but damn that kid takes some unnecessary penalties. At bad times, too.

I always doubt his playmaking and overall vision. Those things I can overlook. I don't expect perfection, and he has a lot of desirable traits that could make him an excellent bottom of the roster forward. It's just the unforced, stupid penalties. They drive me crazy.

I didn't realize he had that issue. It could be keeping him out of the lineup.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Impossible. A well respected poster on this board told me Frost wasn’t even good enough to be in the AHL after he went pointless in his first 2 professional games. Frost is obviously being carried by far better players and racking up phantom points
I’m “well respected”? Cool.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
upload_2019-10-27_12-37-7.gif

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
This just reinforces that Frost, NAK, and Myers should all be on the Flyers.

NAK has been a turnover machine this season. So much more than usual.

Myers I can see an argument for a call-up.

Would like to see Frost nip in the bud that preference he has for slowing down the pace in the NZ before he gets called-up. That’ll drive any NHL coaching staff nuts.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You mean Frost may need some development before he's ready to be a 3C in the NHL? Shocking!

How does Frost look defensively against physical centers? My suspicion is that's their biggest concern.
On the road, they can't avoid those matchups.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Frost tried to slow things down in the NZ way too much when he had possession last night. That’s a habit that needs to be kicked.

Yeah the neutral zone is not the place you want to slow things down.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
If Cole Bardreau is your 3rd line center (NYI) then NAK SHOULD be your 2nd line RW logically. I have seen both enough here in LHV to know which is a better player. Everyone complains about NAK’s penalties but Bardreau makes Nicky look like an angel . Travesty he is not in NHL somewhere.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
NAK would make the Flyers 4th line better immediately and sitting over Stewart is a flat-out bad decision. I am positive Fletcher knows NAK (and a few others) are better hockey players. They just think Stewart acts as a deterrent and they value that. The solution to this problem is dressing Morin over Hagg. There's your deterrent, so now you can scratch Stewart and play a more effective forward in his place.

He is doing Stewie a solid - honest to God, I don't think it is more involved than that. The hot air he has produced about "locker room blah blah" is just that, hot air. IMFO

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Uh, maybe you haven't watched this bigger version of the Flyers wear down smaller, faster teams the last few weeks?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Uh, maybe you haven't watched this bigger version of the Flyers wear down smaller, faster teams the last few weeks?

It's not like you haven't mentioned size with every single prospect we have ever had. That is more my point. It's your obsession. I have weird ones too, so it's not like you are on an island here.

Reactions: Stizzle

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah. They were together for a bit and then split up. Think they were riding the hot hand for a bit.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad