Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Injuries will happen, so will call ups.
Come March, moves that seem questionable in October may look smart.

Reactions: macleish1974

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I really hope Fletch wises up to Gordors incompetence and gets a real coach with an NHL future in Lehigh.

I would actually prefer someone without NHL aspirations who isn't chasing wins at all costs at the expense of developing prospects. What makes me doubly leery about Gordon is that, now that he has a taste of the NHL life, is he coaching to get back there?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would actually prefer someone without NHL aspirations who isn't chasing wins at all costs at the expense of developing prospects. What makes me doubly leery about Gordon is that, now that he has a taste of the NHL life, is he coaching to get back there?

If Gordor's system wasn't a f***ing joke, i'd be fine with him.

They should be playing a system that resembles AVs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sixers are running the same exact scheme in the G-league, with one of Brown's assistant coaches running the team.
So when Zhaire Smith is ready, he'll be able to make a seamless transition to the big team.
What a concept!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why is Zhaire not ready now?

He was clearly behind Thybelle in TC (who was a revelation) and Milton (who is a better outside shooter).

Smith "lost" his rookie season due to injury (almost died), and was going to need development, he was a power forward in college who has to learn the nuances of playing guard in the NBA, maybe the best pure athlete on the team, but very raw.

The G league lets him get lots of minutes and hands on coaching, whereas in the NBA he'd be buried at the back of the bench right now.
Sixers have a really deep team this year, Burke and Neto couldn't even get into the 1st game.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Gordon seemed to run AV’s system during the Oct. 11th game. The rest of the games he has seemingly said “**** it, lets do it my way.”

Reactions: TheKingPin

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Gordon chooses players for the SO by who has played the best during the game. Fedoruk mentioned this in a telecast last year. It sort of seems true. I do not think it is total randomness. Hope not anyway.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Carey looking rough once again

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Listening to the Phantoms game. Checkers up 1-0 but it sounds like Kase Frost and Myers are flying. Bigras got slammed into the head 5 minute major and game misconduct for Jamie McGinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad