Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
If Cole Bardreau is your 3rd line center (NYI) then NAK SHOULD be your 2nd line RW logically. I have seen both enough here in LHV to know which is a better player. Everyone complains about NAK’s penalties but Bardreau makes Nicky look like an angel . Travesty he is not in NHL somewhere.
What travesty. Couldn't every team in the league have had NAK for free a couple weeks ago? I have only seen him play live once and he looked ok but nothing special.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's not like you haven't mentioned size with every single prospect we have ever had. That is more my point. It's your obsession. I have weird ones too, so it's not like you are on an island here.

Size, like speed, puck skills and hockey IQ, are important attributes for players.
Do you think JVR would be as effective if he was 5'10 180 lbs?

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010
Size, like speed, puck skills and hockey IQ, are important attributes for players.
Do you think JVR would be as effective if he was 5'10 180 lbs?
If JVR hasn't bloomed by now, guys gotta wonder if he ever will. Or could we be trying to guess to far into future? wtf.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Serdyuk seems to be in a funk. Last 9 games, 4 points and 3 of them came in 1 game. So 7/9 games with no points. Anyone catch any of his games recently? Wonder if the injury his was dealing with is something that has lingered on.

He rarely gets mentioned, but Wylie has 11 pts in 12 games, 5th best PPG in the WHL for Dmen.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Serdyuk seems to be in a funk. Last 9 games, 4 points and 3 of them came in 1 game. So 7/9 games with no points. Anyone catch any of his games recently? Wonder if the injury his was dealing with is something that has lingered on.
In the games I've watched it didn't seem like he was getting a lot of usage. At least not what you'd expect for a player that led the team in scoring last year and started the season the way he did. Could be injury related.

I watched their game on Saturday before the Flyers game because they started at 6 pm ET and it was pretty much a waste. He was barely on the ice.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In the games I've watched it didn't seem like he was getting a lot of usage. At least not what you'd expect for a player that led the team in scoring last year and started the season the way he did. Could be injury related.

I watched their game on Saturday before the Flyers game because they started at 6 pm ET and it was pretty much a waste. He was barely on the ice.
appreciate the info as always!

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Here is JOB update: @Rebels57 don't jinx him. ;)

3 pts in 2 games on the weekend...5 pts in his last 3 games.

3rd in BCHL in points, 3rd in PPG, with 27 pts in 18 games.
2nd place has 31 pts(guy is older than JOB)
1st place has 36 pts in 19 games(just turned 17 years old, 2021 draft eligible).
Both the 1st and 2nd guys play on the same team(I assume same line).
JOB's best teammate has 19 pts in 18 games(DWeight's kid).

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I assume it’s just wishful thinking to hope this is because they expect to lose a few guys to an NHL call-up.

They just gave them extra playing time because of the slow schedule. Back as the Phantoms schedule gets more intense. Obviously they aren’t hurting for bodies if they need to call someone up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

1st place has 36 pts in 19 games(just turned 17 years old, 2021 draft eligible).

JOB is doing good enough, this season is really about him getting lots of PT and gaining confidence in his skill set.
Next season is about playing at a much higher level and showing he can hold his own against men, not 17-18 year olds.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
JOB is doing good enough, this season is really about him getting lots of PT and gaining confidence in his skill set.
Next season is about playing at a much higher level and showing he can hold his own against men, not 17-18 year olds.
agreed. I was just sharing the info. Next year will tell us more. But even then, to me if he becomes anything, it's a bonus....not a "need". Nice to have that kind of depth finally.

Reactions: Jtown

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Pretty solid so far. Let's hope he REALLY takes off in the 2nd half. Either way I am sure he is having fun playing again and getting his confidence. He can carry that to college or to Lehigh next year.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013

I'm just curious, why is he playing in the BCHL? I can understand leaving Providence since it clearly wasn't the right situation for him and his confidence is probably non-existent but at 19 going on 20 years old, wouldn't he be better serviced playing in the CHL against real professional prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad