Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Reactions: flyersfan187

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Kalynuk needs to fill out a bit to be NHL ready, the pendulum is swinging back as teams are pressuring offensively talented but undersized players. He'll need to be strong enough not to get knocked off the puck by an aggressive forecheck.

And at the NHL level, no matter how well you skate, you're gonna have extended stretches where teams cycle the puck in your D-zone and you have to win board battles and battles behind the net to get the puck back.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Zamula showed in TC at 18 that he is unnaturally composed for a young player, similar to Provorov.
He lacks great speed but has nice balance, still a question how he'll fill out the next few years.
But if he can add a little straight line speed he's got top 4 potential.
It's easier to put a guy through a rigorous physical conditioning regime than to rewire his head to develop a high Hockey IQ.

I though Zamula at 18 was more ice aware than either Myers or Sanheim at 22.
He has "it."

Reactions: dats81

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC

These were just in the 1st period. Only thing missing was a low percentage shot. He's not RH and he's not as physically gifted as Myers, but I think he's a better overall prospect than Myers was/is.

Wow pretty impressive. Thanks for sharing. Do you get to see him live? Curious how he plays/thinks on the PK and in defending cycles and board battles.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
E6924ECE-F305-44CB-A1C9-5F3A93F9660E.jpeg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart is a freak, that it's more normal for goalies to take until they're 22-23 years old to make the NHL as a backup, and many take until 25-26. So you just want to see them progress each season. Ustimenko is coming along nicely, this year in the ECHL, next year in LHV.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wow pretty impressive. Thanks for sharing. Do you get to see him live? Curious how he plays/thinks on the PK and in defending cycles and board battles.
Live as in person? Just camp practices and scrimmages. I watch their games somewhat regularly so I've seen him play a few dozen games. He's very long and it looks like he uses the max stick length which gives him a massive reach. He's very disruptive in that regard and bendy enough to get into ideal position to take away space. He's pretty aggressive defending zone entries and gets plenty of breakups. One thing I noticed that I'm curious to see at the next level is sometimes it looks like he's maybe a little too flat footed defending the NZ, gambling for takeaways. Works at that level though. He's still pretty slender so we'll see how he holds up in the physical aspect of things but I don't really worry about that. He's got enough tools in his toolbox. I don't expect him to spend too much time in his own zone. He is superb at transitioning the puck from the DZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig