Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
63 shots - 1 goal

Phantoms Set Franchise Record with 63 Shots - Lehigh Valley Phantoms

Springfield, Mass. – The Lehigh Valley Phantoms blasted away for an all-time franchise record 63 shots but could only put one into the back of the net past Springfield goalie Philippe Desrosiers in a 3-1 loss on Wednesday night.

Lehigh Valley (10-8-5) dominated the contest all night long as evidenced by the 63-23 shot margin. But somehow the snake-bit Phantoms weren’t able to convert the lopsided performance into a victory as the puck continually just missed going in past the Springfield backstop, Desrosiers, who turned in a near-epic performance.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, the good news is the Phantoms actually outplayed someone, every game I've seen they've been the ones getting peppered and needing a hot goalie to stay in a game.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Phantoms had a 2-man avantage for 1:50 and couldnt do anything. The had o'reilly, carey and the rest of the old trash out there for about 1:40 of it. Why? These guys are never going to play in the NHL.......

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Why are you guys watching that?! Too many better games on.

York didn’t get an assist but he chipped the puck out on the PK which led to a SHG.
Its a matter of numbers - 1 guy on Ohio State (who probbly won't even be a Flyer), 1 guy on Minnesota and 1 guy on Michigan versus about 7 on the Phantoms.......

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
What the hell was Denver's goalie doing there? I've had the stream on for literally two minutes and I feel like I'm losing brain cells.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
upload_2019-12-6_21-40-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-6_21-40-21.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-6_21-40-21.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 3

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I knew you’d like that. That’s why I posted the score. ;)
Well it's a crazy score on it's own....and I went to see if Millman had a good night to help attribute to it. But no. Looking at all the OHL scores tonight, defense was optional. Lots of high scoring games.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Cates ended with 3 points on the night. Now at a PPG with 15 pts in 15 games.

Zamula nothing on the night. Slips under a PPG...now at 25 pts in 26 games.

Anyone here anything on Serdyuk? Hasn't played since Nov 10th. He had 10 pts in 8 games to start the year...then 3 in the next 10 and hasn't played since.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
11 goals...Millman held pointless...lol.

Well it's a crazy score on it's own....and I went to see if Millman had a good night to help attribute to it. But no. Looking at all the OHL scores tonight, defense was optional. Lots of high scoring games.

So I was at the game last night.

I'll tell you why he was held pointless. About five seconds into the second, he absolutely levelled a kid. As soon as it had happened, he was jumped, and ended up getting in a really big, long fight. It was his first fight ever in juniors, and he did really well.
He was kicked out of the game for a hit to the head because of the play. The opposing player was also kicked out for instigating. He got a few cuts on his right hand (he shoots left, but throws rights) and might need a stitch or two, but they were going to wait until today when the swelling went down to see. Not a big deal.

I have a really good video on my phone of the hit and the whole fight, just have to figure out how to share it with y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad