Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
you think it’s a legit chance of that?
York turning pro? Yeah, I think there is a chance. Fletcher historically has been pretty aggressive getting his 1st round picks signed. Now, (undersized) defensemen are a little different and most top guys recently have played 2 seasons of college hockey. His game is very advanced. The only question I think would have to be answered is if he's ready physically for the next level (skating/strength). I'm sure they'll use the WJCs as a measuring stick.

I don't really want him lingering around another year on a bland team. Michigan is getting some high end recruits potentially, but they'll be young. I would like to see him play a pro schedule next year with guys near his skill level. His skillset is kind of wasted on that current team. Conservatively, he can get top 4 minutes and PP1 time in LHV next year.

Maybe next year you can have 3 high end LHD prospects turn pro - Zamula, York, and Kalynuk. Best one takes over for Ghost when he's traded. :sarcasm:

I had this exact conversation with someone a couple weeks ago. We both agreed Zamula is a better player than Myers. Zamula's composure and awareness is uncanny. We thought Myers was still more valuable because of the right-handed component, though.

Supply and demand is huge. Plus, we thought Myers would raise his play to, at worst, an acceptable level sooner or later.
These are always tough. I hate just bumping a guy above another because of handedness because I do think there is a chance Zamula would do just fine on his off side.

Myers is a tremendous individual talent. I really have no doubts, one-on-one, Myers would shine more than Zamula. He's a freak. We see flashes of brilliance now in the NHL. Zamula is just the more effective team player imo. His feel for the game is better. He's a phenomenal puck mover at his size. Myers' passing and playmaking will never approach Egor's and that is usually the separator for me. There is a reason why the Flyers give up a good chunk of the shot share when Myers is on the ice, despite his immense talent. I think Myers can be a very good Robin in the top 4. Zamula-Myers could be a hell of a pairing. I think Zamula has a chance to be a legit top 4, play driving defenseman though and Myers will be more partner dependent.

Either of them have experience playing their offside?
Zamula started last season on the right side. That also coincided with his pointless slump to start the season. He also has experience playing the right side with the National team because Russia only produces LHD. He played RD at the u18s and may do so again this year at the u20s. I think he could handle it. He's pretty good in tight spaces for a tall skater.

I vaguely remember York playing RD in his 16 year old season with the u18 team. Could be wrong there, but USNTDP usually cross trains their defensemen to play both sides. I don't remember him playing RD last year though. He has some of the slickest, softest hands you will find in a defenseman. I too, think he could handle it if asked to.

They'll probably just move Sanheim to the right side.

Pronman magically never sees anything in draft years but only afterwards.
And only at WJCs and Summer Showcases.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think at some point Fletcher is going to package one of his young LHD and some other assets for a young RHD.
AV really likes to balance his pairs.
If Zamula or York emerge, I could see Ghost or Sanheim as the centerpiece for that kind of deal, you have to give quality to get quality.
And a top young RHD (22-24 years old) would be expensive.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
York turning pro? Yeah, I think there is a chance. Fletcher historically has been pretty aggressive getting his 1st round picks signed. Now, (undersized) defensemen are a little different and most top guys recently have played 2 seasons of college hockey. His game is very advanced. The only question I think would have to be answered is if he's ready physically for the next level (skating/strength). I'm sure they'll use the WJCs as a measuring stick.

I don't really want him lingering around another year on a bland team. Michigan is getting some high end recruits potentially, but they'll be young. I would like to see him play a pro schedule next year with guys near his skill level. His skillset is kind of wasted on that current team. Conservatively, he can get top 4 minutes and PP1 time in LHV next year.

Maybe next year you can have 3 high end LHD prospects turn pro - Zamula, York, and Kalynuk. Best one takes over for Ghost when he's traded. :sarcasm:

These are always tough. I hate just bumping a guy above another because of handedness because I do think there is a chance Zamula would do just fine on his off side.

Myers is a tremendous individual talent. I really have no doubts, one-on-one, Myers would shine more than Zamula. He's a freak. We see flashes of brilliance now in the NHL. Zamula is just the more effective team player imo. His feel for the game is better. He's a phenomenal puck mover at his size. Myers' passing and playmaking will never approach Egor's and that is usually the separator for me. There is a reason why the Flyers give up a good chunk of the shot share when Myers is on the ice, despite his immense talent. I think Myers can be a very good Robin in the top 4. Zamula-Myers could be a hell of a pairing. I think Zamula has a chance to be a legit top 4, play driving defenseman tough and Myers will be more partner dependent.

Zamula started last season on the right side. That also coincided with his pointless slump to start the season. He also has experience playing the right side with the National team because Russia only produces LHD. He played RD at the u18s and may do so again this year at the u20s. I think he could handle it. He's pretty good in tight spaces for a tall skater.

I vaguely remember York playing RD in his 16 year old season with the u18 team. Could be wrong there, but USNTDP usually cross trains their defensemen to play both sides. I don't remember him playing RD last year though. He has some of the slickest, softest hands you will find in a defenseman. I too, think he could handle it if asked to.

They'll probably just move Sanheim to the right side.

And only at WJCs and Summer Showcases.

Thanks! Love the info you provide.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think at some point Fletcher is going to package one of his young LHD and some other assets for a young RHD.
AV really likes to balance his pairs.
If Zamula or York emerge, I could see Ghost or Sanheim as the centerpiece for that kind of deal, you have to give quality to get quality.
And a top young RHD (22-24 years old) would be expensive.
There is no need for that. He can just sign Seth Jones in 3 years.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Myers is a tremendous individual talent. I really have no doubts, one-on-one, Myers would shine more than Zamula. He's a freak. We see flashes of brilliance now in the NHL. Zamula is just the more effective team player imo. His feel for the game is better. He's a phenomenal puck mover at his size. Myers' passing and playmaking will never approach Egor's and that is usually the separator for me. There is a reason why the Flyers give up a good chunk of the shot share when Myers is on the ice, despite his immense talent. I think Myers can be a very good Robin in the top 4. Zamula-Myers could be a hell of a pairing. I think Zamula has a chance to be a legit top 4, play driving defenseman though and Myers will be more partner dependent.
Just heard Keith Jones again double down that Myers will be a star. Sanheim maxes out as a 2, but likely a 3/4.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
WHL Report – December 2019

C692CFB0-D83C-45B0-8E20-51E252226BA7.jpeg

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Phantoms are down to 12 healthy forwards.
Great :-(, my pessimistic ECHL fan side says Ralph Cuddemi will get a PTO and the Phantoms will either scratch him or play him 4 minutes a night on the fourth line.

He is on an ECHL contract and tearing it up right now. 19 goals, 13 assists in 22 games.

Plus, Wichita just took Jacob Graves as the future considerations on the Cuddemi trade, so it would be our typical luck to end up losing him the day after the trade is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad