Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's important to keep in mind that Hughes is the first player ever to jump right from the USNTDP/USHL straight to the NHL. There was always going to be an adjustment period (I still laugh at someone telling me playing in the OHL last year wouldn't have made for an easier transition for him). The Devils being a dumpster fire doesn't help.

It happens too often to be a joke. :rolleyes:
Ok...I will only post when our prospects have a good night.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Is there any package I could buy to watch Phantoms games? If so, is it good/worth it, or is it awful enough that I'd just be wasting my time?

Reactions: macleish1974

Dooblus Dooizfour

Nov 5, 2016
Is there any package I could buy to watch Phantoms games? If so, is it good/worth it, or is it awful enough that I'd just be wasting my time?
For the cost of dinner at a low rent chain you can watch all the Phantoms games. It’s a no brainer to me for 59 bucks. Video quality isn’t that bad either. The only drawback is Rotruck calls the game for radio so he never shuts up. Go to AHLTV

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
"Frost's game not even AHL ready"

That seems to contradict what others are saying that watched the games...saying he has created chances but others did not capitalize.
Why change what I said & put it in quotes? Are you implying it’s an exact quote? Because we all know you’re modifying it & removing context to create a straw man that’s easier to knock down.

You, allegedly quoting me: “Frost’s game not even AHL ready.”

The actual quote: “It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.”

Makes you look bad to remove the context. Disingenuous.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Why change what I said & put it in quotes? Are you implying it’s an exact quote? Because we all know you’re modifying it & removing context to create a straw man that’s easier to knock down.

You, allegedly quoting me: “Frost’s game not even AHL ready.”

The actual quote: “It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.”

Makes you look bad to remove the context. Disingenuous.
:laugh:

It's the same thing that you said. I only changed it so people who have you blocked knew that you were saying it about Frost's game.

Fine: GB said Frost's game is "not even AHL ready at the moment"

better? And that stance contradicts what many other people are saying. Must be because you are impartial.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
No joking around. This is a very serious place of business.

local.gif

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
:laugh:

It's the same thing that you said. I only changed it so people who have you blocked knew that you were saying it about Frost's game.

Fine: GB said Frost's game is "not even AHL ready at the moment"

better? And that stance contradicts what many other people are saying. Must be because you are impartial.
Just give the whole quote. Why do you keep cutting it off? Well, I know why. Because you are trying to misrepresent the meaning.

“It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.”

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just give the whole quote. Why do you keep cutting it off? Well, I know why. Because you are trying to misrepresent the meaning.

“It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.”
Not misrepresenting anything.

right now, you don't think Frost's game is even AHL ready. Meanwhile, about a dozen other respected posters who have watched the games have said he has played fine with no luck from his linemates.. So what are you seeing that others are not? Are they all wrong and you are right?

I am an open book to listen as I have no opinion one way or another as I don't get AHL games. So should I believe you....or the dozen others?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Not misrepresenting anything.

right now, you don't think Frost's game is even AHL ready. Meanwhile, about a dozen other respected posters who have watched the games have said he has played fine with no luck from his linemates.. So what are you seeing that others are not? Are they all wrong and you are right?

I am an open book to listen as I have no opinion one way or another as I don't get AHL games. So should I believe you....or the dozen others?
I’m saying you have intentionally cut off my quote twice in an effort to remove context & misrepresent what I meant. Don’t piss on my shoes & tell me it’s raining. I’ve repeatedly said Frost will be fine & just needs an adjustment period which I’m not worried about.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’m saying you have intentionally cut off my quote twice in an effort to remove context & misrepresent what I meant. Don’t piss on my shoes & tell me it’s raining. I’ve repeatedly said Frost will be fine & just needs an adjustment period which I’m not worried about.
So...believe you or the others? Just wondering what Frost has actually been. The "fine" as they said, or the "not even AHL level" like you said.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So...believe you or the others? Just wondering what Frost has actually been. The "fine" as they said, or the "not even AHL level" like you said.
Believe who you want, just don’t cut off my quote TWICE in an obvious effort to remove context & distort my point, & then act like you had no ulterior motive.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Believe who you want, just don’t cut off my quote TWICE in an obvious effort to remove context & distort my point, & then act like you had no ulterior motive.
Well do tell...what have seen in Frost to say that his game in not at an AHL level right now. Maybe you can have people look for those things his next game. Maybe they are missing what you see. Share the wealth.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Well do tell...what have seen in Frost to say that his game in not at an AHL level right now. Maybe you can have people look for those things his next game. Maybe they are missing what you see. Share the wealth.
Well, for a guy who some think is the next Giroux & is a skill player who belongs in the Flyers lineup as 3C right now, he oughta be able to put up, you know, a single point in 3 AHL games.

Farabee has 2 goals in 2 games.

Rubtsov, 3 assists in 3 games.

Ratcliffe, 2 points in 3 games.

Kurtis f’ing Gabriel 1 goal, 1 assist in 3 games.

Myers, 2 points in 2 games, +6.

Frost: 0 points in 3 games, -1.

For a skill player, he’s been ineffective, through a measly 3 games, at the AHL level, & outproduced by most of the team, yet you still have posters acting like he’d be an asset as a 3rd line center in the NHL. How about prove you can produce in the AHL first?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting on him to share his video evidence of Bobby Brink's defensive issues.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Well, for a guy who some think is the next Giroux & is a skill player who belongs in the Flyers lineup as 3C right now, he oughta be able to put up, you know, a single point in 3 AHL games.

For a skill player, he’s been ineffective, through a measly 3 games, at the AHL level, & outproduced by most of the team, yet you still have posters acting like he’d be an asset as a 3rd line center in the NHL. How about prove you can produce in the AHL first?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

None of what you posted is anything that I could not see by looking at the stats sheet.

I gave you an open opportunity to educate others and tell us what you are seeing and they are missing, and you mention nothing except end stats? Huh. Are you sure that's what you want to produce to prove "It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.”?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
None of what you posted is anything that I could not see by looking at the stats sheet.

I gave you an open opportunity to educate others and tell us what you are seeing and they are missing, and you mention nothing except end stats? Huh. Are you sure that's what you want to produce to prove "It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.”?
And I gave you an opportunity to quote me correctly & you still couldn’t help yourself from cutting off part of it again because you’re trying to remove context to imply a disingenuous narrative.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I want no part of this but I'll just point out that anyone who has watched Frost will agree that Frost has set up multiple people for easy goals and they've whiffed.

He should easily have multiple points right now. It's exactly like Giroux somehow only having one point but deserving many, except on a smaller scale.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And I gave you an opportunity to quote me correctly & you still couldn’t help yourself from cutting off part of it again because you’re trying to remove context to imply a disingenuous narrative.
I just did quote you correctly...lol.

And so far, when asked to share what you saw so others could look for it as well, you posted points for various players. So for your analysis, you just want to stick with posting points and "For a skill player, he’s been ineffective, through a measly 3 games, at the AHL level, & outproduced by most of the team, yet you still have posters acting like he’d be an asset as a 3rd line center in the NHL. How about prove you can produce in the AHL first?"

That's that you want to base your analysis on?

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

I never see you eat the platters of shit you serve. What's the point of ragging on Frost for lack of counting numbers in a SSS? You're just gonna look foolish if he starts scoring, which is likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad