Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Frost will be fine but his game is simply not NHL ready. It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.

Farabee plays an NHL game. Was a split second off in preseason, but he’s a guy who adjusts very quickly. Already showing too good for the AHL. He’ll be up soon.

Farabee is going to be our justin williams. Oh wait we had justin williams. Well he is going to be our patrick sharpe... oh wait.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Ratcliffe at least for now is starting to use his big body and is having a good effect, he will only get better.].

Last night was Ratcliffe’s best game of the year but he still tended to make the lower percentage play with the puck. I’m looking to see if he can create offense for himself and not have to rely solely on his linemates to get him the puck. Gabriel is arguably driving his line better than Ratcliffe is. Was nice to see Ratcliffe start winning some 50/50 battles last night though. His puck control was (& still is) concerning though. A few too many times he gets possession of the puck and he’ll just fumble it away.

Frost’s poor puck luck has followed him from Flyers TC. His tendency to slow things down in the NZ has creeped in a bit the past two games. He is a highly skilled player figuring out what works (& what doesn’t) at this level. He’ll be fine and he has been fine to start this season. He’ll hit the box score pretty soon I’m thinking

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hell Carter Hart sucked his first few AHL starts. People really do have short memories.
Yep, especially since Frost hasn’t even been bad to begin with.

Like I said, he’s just like Giroux, doing a great job to set up teammates, but they’re just not finishing. Farabee has had the scoring success, but Frost has been very good too.

Personally, Im very pleased with what I’ve seen from all three of our top prospects in the AHL.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Frosty will be fine. Haters gonna get burned.
287A9CB1-A3E3-421B-AD0E-B023391F3B52.jpeg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lycksell seems to have taken a big step up this season, given that he just turned 20, that's not unexpected.
But it does show how tricky development is, at 18-19 he was too good for superElite but not quite ready to play with the big boys.
And he hadn't stood out in international competition.
So it's not surprising he wasn't ranked high in our poll, next year may be another matter.

Reactions: flyersfan187

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Yep, especially since Frost hasn’t even been bad to begin with.

Like I said, he’s just like Giroux, doing a great job to set up teammates, but they’re just not finishing. Farabee has had the scoring success, but Frost has been very good too.

Personally, Im very pleased with what I’ve seen from all three of our top prospects in the AHL.
So much of being sent to the AHL for younger prospects is playing with less pressure and allowing them to build confidence in their game . Confidence is at least 50 percent of any sport you play . I do not look at demotions as a bad thing and trying to force development and confidence will backfire more often then not . aka Edmonton

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
2017 NHL Drafted FWDS Adj. P:GP 19-20 Season.png

*2017 NHL Drafted FWDS with at least 5 games played during the 2019-2020 season*

@Appleyard I haven't seen any of his games this year. How has he been playing? 7pts in 10GP seems like a positive start offensively to his Draft+3 season.

*Data per Emmanuel Perry's Draft tool: Prospects and Draft

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
View attachment 264361

*2017 NHL Drafted FWDS with at least 5 games played during the 2019-2020 season*

@Appleyard I haven't seen any of his games this year. How has he been playing? 7pts in 10GP seems like a positive start offensively to his Draft+3 season.

*Data per Emmanuel Perry's Draft tool: Prospects and Draft

He has looked great in all areas. Really confident and making plays almost every shift.

53.5% Corsi as well. His line are the only three regulars on the team over 50%. They have carried the rest...

Reactions: Ted Brown

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Justin Williams is actually a pretty good comp for Farabee. Before the draft I said his game reminded me a bit of TJ Oshie’s, but Williams is probably a better comparison.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Zamula extends his point streak in a blowout loss.
No points for Serdyuk today. That's 3 games in a row. @Rebels57 must have jinxed him. Just like JOB...shutout on Saturday and not a mention of it. ;)
Do you think these kids are robots or something? I know you bring it up in a joking matter but it seems like anytime goes pointless you need to bring it up as if it’s a negative development. It’s weird.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I think Frost is better than Hughes right now. I'm not saying I'd take him over Hughes in the long-term, but I'm not saying I wouldn't, either.

Hughes has had some bad luck (as has Frost) but he looks like he's playing smaller than Frost right now, he just seems to get swallowed up by most defensemen so far. He looks terrific in open ice and with time and space, but so does Frost.

I assume this is mostly a function of Frost being more physically mature than Hughes.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's important to keep in mind that Hughes is the first player ever to jump right from the USNTDP/USHL straight to the NHL. There was always going to be an adjustment period (I still laugh at someone telling me playing in the OHL last year wouldn't have made for an easier transition for him). The Devils being a dumpster fire doesn't help.

it's 100% joking. relax
It happens too often to be a joke. :rolleyes:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
At this point, isn't the USHL as good or better than the CHL?
The problem for Hughes is that he's a very undersized and inexperienced player, tough combo when you jump straight to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad