Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem is Farabee isn't a center, that's the real issue on the 3rd line, replacing Twarynski with Farabee won't make it much better.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Frost the Lost.......if you were reading say, "the Stranger" by Camus, a very interesting existential and short novel, and listening/watching the Phantoms game last night at the same time, probably the name least mentioned was Frost. I did not have to look up many times when his named was called out. He swoops in, does those ice dancing circles and either loses the puck or passes to an unexpected player either a Phantom or otherwise. Baby steps. Of course, I think he would work if he had decent linemates like Bunnaman and Twarynski, who could at least skate with him. Ratcliffe at least for now is starting to use his big body and is having a good effect, he will only get better. But for bottom 6: Sushko, Rubstov and Misha are the perfect 4th line. I can still see them laughing their asses off on the bench, either telling dirty jokes in Russian......or talking about the hotties at Cedar Crest College or Lafayette College. [ wouldn't be Lehigh University for sure].

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I wouldn't worry about that guy.

Frost is going through what many good players do to start their career, Giroux was the same. He struggled early on realising that you don't have as much time at the pro level to pull off ridiculous passes and dekes that he could in junior. Once he gets acclimatised to the speed, he's going to dominate.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
BINKSY!!!!!!!!!
babys-day-out-adam-robert-worton-jacob-joseph-worton-1994-tm-20th-E5N6PM.jpg

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Geez he has not bust out of the gate and been the best player in the AHL . Where is the panic button , it's around here somewhere i know it .

Players have good stretches and not as good of stretches but if you are not 5 bells every min around here people question ya . Fricken relax guys .

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Geez he has not bust out of the gate and been the best player in the AHL . Where is the panic button , it's around here somewhere i know it .

Players have good stretches and not as good of stretches but if you are not 5 bells every min around here people question ya . Fricken relax guys .

It’d help if the teams Vets (Andreoff & Carey) hadn’t flubbed multiple scoring opportunities provided to them by Frost in the first 3 games, I doubt anyone on here would be voicing concerns. I mean, Ratcliffe has two points so far and he’s played exponentially worse than Frost so far.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
It’d help if the teams Vets (Andreoff & Carey) hadn’t flubbed multiple scoring opportunities provided to them by Frost in the first 3 games, I doubt anyone on here would be voicing concerns. I mean, Ratcliffe has two points so far and he’s played exponentially worse than Frost so far.
Absolutely i agree but people on here just look at stats and what are you doing for me right now . It's no different with the big club , sometimes you play really well for stretches and the puck won't go in and then there are games where the puck finds you or bounces off you and goes into the net . Producing points right now or not will have no effect on his development or his end product .
Do half season assessments not shift by shift or game by game analysis . The knee jerk drives me nuts but that's the internet .

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, Frost has been having a similar run in the AHL as Giroux has in the NHL.

Quality of play and point totals don’t match up.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Frost will be fine but his game is simply not NHL ready. It’s not even AHL ready at the moment, though I suspect that will change.

Farabee plays an NHL game. Was a split second off in preseason, but he’s a guy who adjusts very quickly. Already showing too good for the AHL. He’ll be up soon.

Reactions: Jtown

TB87

May 30, 2018
Absolutely i agree but people on here just look at stats and what are you doing for me right now . It's no different with the big club , sometimes you play really well for stretches and the puck won't go in and then there are games where the puck finds you or bounces off you and goes into the net . Producing points right now or not will have no effect on his development or his end product .
Do half season assessments not shift by shift or game by game analysis . The knee jerk drives me nuts but that's the internet .

Fans look to stats everywhere, not just on here. Which is fine. There’s just a lot more context and nuance involved in player evaluation than just what the boxscore tells us. There have been a few shifts here and there where Frost has played poorly. On the whole though, he’s made more positive plays than negative ones. Just cause he hasn’t stormed out of the gate on the scoresheet doesn’t mean he’s playing poorly..(.cuz he isn’t)

TB87

May 30, 2018
"Frost's game not even AHL ready"

That seems to contradict what others are saying that watched the games...saying he has created chances but others did not capitalize.

Haha! Are the “usual suspects” saying his game isn’t even AHL-ready? Cuz that sounds like a take those folks would have to get a reaction out of people on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->