Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
13amJuR.png

Thanks, Kjell. Hopefully Fletch gives him more of a shot than Hextall would've.
Sigh...minds already made up again?

Guess we need a C for next year too.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would like to see Frost make the team, but we already have three top 9 centers for 19-20.

JVR-Giroux-Konency
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton-Patrick-NAK

Weise

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would like to see Frost make the team, but we already have three top 9 centers for 19-20.

JVR-Giroux-Konency
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton-Patrick-NAK

Weise
2 of those on the 3rd line...should be on the 4th line. I pray Fletch adds more talent to the forwards between now and next year.

Reactions: hatcher

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
2 of those on the 3rd line...should be on the 4th line. I pray Fletch adds more talent to the forwards between now and next year.

I don't understand why people keep saying Laughton should be on the 4th line. He's performing really well, on pace for 30ish points, and he's not vastly outperforming his expected metrics. He's turned into a very viable 3LW. Now, if he's playing C, then 4C is my ideal spot for him (although he is a fine stop gap 3C), but he's capable at 3LW. I don't think this year is a fluke in terms of point production. If I had to guess, I would say he's going to be around 25 - 35 points for the next few years.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Sigh...minds already made up again?

Guess we need a C for next year too.

Crazy idea, I know, but it would be nice to actually give a center who just turned 22, and lit the NHL preseason on fire, an extendend look during a lost season. Remember this guy? Pimp Something-or-other, I think his name is. That dude the fired GM said "knocked the door down." Then the fired coach benched in game 3.

Hockey Daily on Twitter

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't understand why people keep saying Laughton should be on the 4th line. He's performing really well, on pace for 30ish points, and he's not vastly outperforming his expected metrics. He's turned into a very viable 3LW. Now, if he's playing C, then 4C is my ideal spot for him (although he is a fine stop gap 3C), but he's capable at 3LW. I don't think this year is a fluke in terms of point production. If I had to guess, I would say he's going to be around 25 - 35 points for the next few years.
We should not be going into next year with Laughton AND Lindblom as our #2 and #3 LW. If we do, we have failed this offseason.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean there’s reports of some NHL people thinking Hughes isn’t ready next year because of his weight. These guys are all conservative leading up to it but when push comes to shove & the kid shows up to camp to do his thing they’ll put him in the lineup. I’m sure getting hurt at the WJC’s just fed that narrative some more.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
We should not be going into next year with Laughton AND Lindblom as our #2 and #3 LW. If we do, we have failed this offseason.

That's a completely different point to which I was responding. But I do agree that the top 6 needs a proven forward.

I do think Lindblom can be a good middle 6 forward, maybe even a legit 2LW, but right now he's not that.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
son just remembers that he was an older dude and was a tall skinny guy.

Ahh ok. Because the list is long of how many suck :laugh:
I have seen things like players pinned down for several seconds. Then the player gets up and falls and the player held down gets 2 for tripping.
Are the Koharski brothers still reffing in the AHL. Both of them are terrible

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Crazy idea, I know, but it would be nice to actually give a center who just turned 22, and lit the NHL preseason on fire, an extendend look during a lost season. Remember this guy? Pimp Something-or-other, I think his name is. That dude the fired GM said "knocked the door down." Then the fired coach benched in game 3.

Hockey Daily on Twitter

I hope he is the 4th line C next year...so yes...I want him to get icetime now.

And when I say 4th line C...let the best of Frost, Patrick and Pimp fight it out each game. Whoever is having the better game, plays more.

But yes, he 100% should be playing now instead of Coke and Hambone.

Reactions: Stizzle

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Ahh ok. Because the list is long of how many suck :laugh:
I have seen things like players pinned down for several seconds. Then the player gets up and falls and the player held down gets 2 for tripping.
Are the Koharski brothers still reffing in the AHL. Both of them are terrible
i'm guessing this guy was a lancaster /hershey area guy who wandered over his paygrade.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
With the flyers out of it i think its really important the phantoms make a run this year. Its a shame things are so tight right now. Too many call ups could sink the hopes of lhv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad