Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
those heavy vets are just what the phantoms need in that league. it would be a win for both teams.
So I haven't taken the time to calculate it (this post is almost entirely about seeing if someone will do that for me), but I know the Phantoms are close to the vet limit. Unless they acquire someone under the limit via trade, I suspect the constraints of that rule (and injuries) is a big part of why there haven't been call ups.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
So I haven't taken the time to calculate it (this post is almost entirely about seeing if someone will do that for me), but I know the Phantoms are close to the vet limit. Unless they acquire someone under the limit via trade, I suspect the constraints of that rule (and injuries) is a big part of why there haven't been call ups.

You can have 5 on ice at a time (though more on the roster).

Right now there is Brennan, Carey, Conner, McDonald, Krushelnyski, and Samuelsson on the roster.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Krushelnyski isn't a 260 game vet. Neither is Carey who was at 252 to start this season.

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
guess it really does hurt development, overcooking prostpects in the ahl after all.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Krushelnyski isn't a 260 game vet. Neither is Carey who was at 252 to start this season.

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Ah, I forgot that it was from the start of the season. I was including the games from this year in their totals. Thanks.

So that means @landsbergfan that they have four veterans I believe.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I just read Charlie's interview with Kjell Samuelsson chatting about the defense prospects. A real glowing endorsement for Wyatt Kalynuk by Kjell.

Kalynuk is on TV twice this weekend. Friday on ESPNU. Sunday on BTN.

Wisconsin should have a decent chance here , ND has caught the injury bug bad here lately .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meanwhile, with no one looking:

Bunnaman 6'1 209 #109-2016: 29g 6-5 11 ES
Vorobyev 6'2 206 #105-2015: 27g 2-9 11 ES

All of a sudden, Vorobyev is no longer a lock, as the Bunny man proves to be another physical center, maybe not as good a passer, but better goal scorer.
Question is if neither is comfortable on a wing, who wins out at center?

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet

All of a sudden, Vorobyev is no longer a lock, as the Bunny man proves to be another physical center, maybe not as good a passer, but better goal scorer.
Trick question as neither will get a chance.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

Bunnyman is away better player.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

My goodness, poor Misha. He interacts so well with smart wingers, and depends on his wingers to help create offense. The Phantoms lineup feels really thin right now, but sheesh.

It feels like next year is when they are going to get a really significant influx of help from our prospects - is that right? What could the lineup look like next year down there?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
It feels like next year is when they are going to get a really significant influx of help from our prospects - is that right? What could the lineup look like next year down there?

Allison
Frost
Hogberg
Kalynuk
Laczynski
Ratcliffe
Strome
Sushko
Sandstrom

... all range from likely to locks to be on the roster next year. Yeah, the cavalry is coming.

Edit...

Phantoms are 1-1. Friedman from Pimp Misha. Misha should have had an assist the shift before but McDonald stinks.

Edit...

Bunny 5 on 3 goal.

Last edited:

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Allison
Frost
Hogberg
Kalynuk
Laczynski
Ratcliffe
Strome
Sushko
Sandstrom

... all range from likely to locks to be on the roster next year. Yeah, the cavalry is coming.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->