Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
When I watched his goal video, it seemed like almost half of Patrick's goals were backhanders.

Reactions: Jtown

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Being able to shoot well, hard and quick on the backhand is a massive skill to have in the NHL. So few players have legit backhands. Kane might have the best one in the NHL?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Being able to shoot well, hard and quick on the backhand is a massive skill to have in the NHL. So few players have legit backhands. Kane might have the best one in the NHL?

Crosby is probably the best. He has an all-time great backhand.

Reactions: Jtown

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm so confused because Deadhead said Sanheim would be a bigger Ghost....

Unfortunately, he emulated Ghost as a rookie, problem was :
Sanheim 0.76 pp/60,
Ghost 1.20 pp/60, Power play 4.78 pp/60
You could live with Ghost learning how to play defense, because he could score.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Crosby is probably the best. He has an all-time great backhand.
Not that I'm a Crosby fan, but I saw a show on NHL network talking about sticks, and they said Crosby uses almost a flat blade, which gives him a big advantage on the backhand, but prevents him from elevating the puck as easily on the forehand. That's why you often see him shoot from one knee on a one timer, so he can lift the puck more.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Not that I'm a Crosby fan, but I saw a show on NHL network talking about sticks, and they said Crosby uses almost a flat blade, which gives him a big advantage on the backhand, but prevents him from elevating the puck as easily on the forehand. That's why you often see him shoot from one knee on a one timer, so he can lift the puck more.

Yeah, I have heard that he spends a lot of time on his knees.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Yeah, I have heard that he spends a lot of time on his knees.

tenor.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I will sleep well at night knowing teenagers from Manitoba have high regard for our prospect pool.

Meanwhile the adults at Dobber Prospects had us #1 still in their Post-Draft rankings.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

I think Lindros did the same.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I think Lindros did the same.

I used "Lindros curve" sticks in my yute. It had a very slight open curve towards the toe and was pretty good for back handers. Oddly though, I never had issues elevating the puck on my forehand.

Completely off topic, I'm a right shot but played with a lot of friends who shot left. I never understood the reasoning as we were all right handed throwers, batters, golfers etc. It was a real bitch when I'd snap a stick as I couldn't use one of theirs.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
When composites came out & everyone eventually got them Easton’s were usually the preferred choice so you had like a lot Sakic, Iginla, & Forsberg curves usually amongst the people I played with.

Then Bauer started becoming the go to sticks after that it seemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad