Exit interviews

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
They asked Byfield about Arty and he started laughing a little. Wonder if he was mouthing off to coaches or something. Hes an awkward kid and can see him joking around during serious times.

Seemed the only one that was psyched was Talbot it was kinda like this was a blast I was in Ottawa before this.

Some kinda gloom around the players that is separate from the losing. Like they know the problems but dont want to say.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It definitely seemed like they would be doing a lot of offensive pressure and then sit back. Flipflopping between two systems depending on the situation seems like it's causing more problems than it's solving.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

What's so King-like about the PLD acquisition (aside from the loss of assets and the ridiculous contract) is that this is the player that he is (based on his 5 on 5 numbers), only the Kings made him look worse than he really is by realizing he's a bum and not giving him PP1 or top 6 linemates. So on top of the the previously mentioned debacles, they made his trade value as miniscule as possible. This is a comedy of errors at every level. Now moving him will be next to impossible - even worse hit than Cal the catastrophe to back out of it. Funny take below.. I dont hate this guy, I hate his game, but it was dumdum waste management that brought him here to ferment.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I love the players mentioned in the article but if they aren't interested in the long term health of this organization I'd be interested in hearing where they would want to go.

Do they honestly believe this roster is only an easy tweak or two away from being dangerous again? Tough to hear.

Yeah this team has no 1C, 1D or 1G...although we have guys paid like it and guys who think they are but aren't. What the team does have, especially with retention, is a lot of valuable complementary pieces who could help us get the futures for a total rebuild. That's assuming if he have the right front office and scouting, which we also currently don't have.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I like Talbot, good honest dude, played better than expected, nice teammate, but I wouldn't re-sign him, especially to a mutli-year deal... I would offer Rittich a 1 year deal as a backup, but they really should seek a legitimate option in net. We would probably be in the same place if they had, but if they acquired Hellebuyck when they had the chance instead of PLD, things would be a whole lot different right now.

Bare minimum, if they tell the fanbase to go f*** themselves, they are right and the world is wrong, and that they are contenders and will come back next year and do it again, then they have to change everything, throw this passive bullshit into the sun, and use their speed and mobility and create offense. They'll almost assuredly fail, but it would at least be more entertaining to watch and would be closer to how the roster was constructed.

When Blake started the build he said that he wanted to be like Colorado and have a team built on skill, speed, creativity, and offense and less on size, toughness, defense, and grinding. They got rid of all their toughness, all their big defenseman and went with small, mobile, puck movers; then ironically they couldn't create the offense and had to adapt to that stupid passive system and overprotecting the goalie and turtling and praying for 5 on 5 counter goals. It made good regular season defensive numbers but they were false and inflated.

Yeah, f*** that, it was completely in your control PLD. That's the problem.

Sounds like a idiot. I'd do anything to get better... except try harder.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It's such a bummer because the guys I would love to see stay and rebuild around are the only ones with any value. Kempe is one of the few guys who gives a f***. I would love for him to stay. But he's got the most value on the team by a mile, excluding perhaps Byfield. He would be so f***ing money on another team. The problem is, what do you even trade him for? Do we trust this organization to properly scout or develop anyone?

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
i dont know how in the world Phil played with TWO broken index fingers, I broke my middle finger last year and couldnt grip a hockey stick for three weeks

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Probably drugs, just like football.
Also, once you reach a certain level, 'I have to play' supersedes your desire to do something else. 'Have to play' is why those players are there and why others are not. At Phil's level, once the contract is taken care of and you know you're good on that end, most players don't care about their health. They care about winning and about their boys. That's it.

Reactions: Rorschach

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
If I recall...

He also said that the reason he missed a few games late in the season was because the pain was too intense to play through. I think he also said that he wouldn't get surgery.

I don't know how broken fingers usually heal but dude missed all of what... 4 games from a broken finger and then played 3+ playoff games with one freshly broken finger and one slowly healing broken finger, one on each hand.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If I recall...

He also said that the reason he missed a few games late in the season was because the pain was too intense to play through. I think he also said that he wouldn't get surgery.

I don't know how broken fingers usually heal but dude missed all of what... 4 games from a broken finger and then played 3+ playoff games with one freshly broken finger and one slowly healing broken finger, one on each hand.
6 weeks for normal people. Broken many of them

Reactions: Schrute farms

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
If I recall...

fingers usually just gloop themselves back together and surgery only if they twisted or splintered or can't be set back in place, bone healing and reformation is actually a cool as f*** process if you haven't ever read about it. i skipped surgery on one of mine and can't tell the difference except for the hilarious xray i saw when getting an unrelated hand problem checked out. she definitely got a little J-hook to her now

suffice to say gripping a stick and playing NHL hockey probably did not feel good though

Reactions: The Butcher

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
So PLD was Luc’s idea….sharpening my pitchfork

So the PLD trade and sign was about getting cozy with Brisson.

That's kind of good to know in a way, because all this time I thought we had 2 complete idiots running the team, trying to peddle the notion that PLD was the piece to challenge Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad