Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Max Lamarche signed with Laval, so he won't be playing ahead of actual Flyers prospects any more. Of course this could also signal they are planning sign a different AHL defenseman to take those minutes instead.

Lamarche was no where near the veteran games threshold, so it wasn't a veteran roster limit issue.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hextall said they’re done adding forwards for the minors. You could more than likely say the same for goalies too as he said they could run with three in Lehigh Valley.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Three goalies in minors? Is the a common thing?

Probably not but apparently players not on ELC’s can refuse ECHL assignments. So they probably can’t send Stolarz down there if it’s going to be long term.

Neuvirth will assuredly be making multiple trips to the (LT)IR this upcoming season so that should help with the logjam.

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
Probably not but apparently players not on ELC’s can refuse ECHL assignments. So they probably can’t send Stolarz down there if it’s going to be long term.
Does that mean if one of Lyon or Stolarz isn't claimed AND they refuse, Hart would start the year in Reading?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

I don’t know the exact plan. I guess will see but he mentioned it’s a possibility of having all three with the Phantoms.

Well it's not a secret that shit for brains decided he hates neuvi now so I wouldn't put it past him to start Elliot in 10 consecutive games resulting in injury and Lyon making his way to Philly as early as October.

This could be seen as Hexy preparing for this likely scenario and trying to insulate Hart prioritizing his development over being forced to carry the team straight out the gate.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Two of Neuvirth, Lyon and Stolarz will have to be waived to get to the AHL. They would all probably clear, but you never know which teams will have goalie issues in camp and might need an extra one at the start of October.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Reactions: Tripod

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Isn't is possible to loan one of the goalies to another AHL team? I swear Toronto did that last year with someone.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

tenor.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Anyone coaching the forwards this year? :laugh:

Huffman seems like a solid dude. No idea if he can coach or not, but wouldn't be surprised if he takes Murphy's job when Hakstol lays an egg this year.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Assuming Myers and Sanheim continue to develop into top-4 defenseman (I know it isn't a guarantee but I think they both will), the Flyers really only need one more guy to turn into something half-decent to have a unbelievable D-core. If just one of Bernhardt, Friedman, Ginning, Hogberg, Kalynuk, St. Ivany or Wylie turns into a quality top-6 defenseman then we are set.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad