Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I can't speak for anyone else, but my problem with Hagg isn't him, but his usage. In a more limited role, I think Hagg is not a bad option. There are certainly worse options.

I don't see a lot of potential growth in his skill set (he really hasn't shown any type of puck skills since his draft year). If he can become more successful with a first pass, he's not a bad 3rd pairing option...I do hope he isn't there long term tho. I would rather have a Morin-type stay-at-home Dman to be honest.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
"Hagg is playing 28 minutes a night on the top pair, PP, and PK! He's being overplayed!"

"Enough with the exaggerating. His usage is that of a bottom 6 defenseman. No one ever called him more than a bottom 6 defenseman."

Hagg plays in the top four again this year...

tenor.gif

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
The thing is with beat writers is they have to write sunshine and roses most of the time and can't ask the hard questions we want them to ask . If they do their access time to players management etc will be cut . It's no different with the TV guys , sunshine and roses even if it's pouring out .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hagg played 18:08 in January, 17:07 in February, 15:59 in March, sounds like bottom six usage to me.

It's up to Gudas and Sanheim to cement their PT, they'll probably be paired.
They should play 19-20 minutes a night (more for Gudas b/c he'll be on the PK, Sanheim should be on PP2).

It remains to be seen if Myers makes the team out of camp or gets called up early next year.
Hagg, MacDonald, Folin and Myers will be the options for the 3rd pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad