Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think that if Neuvirth was waived, he might not report which could lead to mutual termination. But I didn't get the sense that Lyon was someone they wanted as #2, they could though.

I think there's zero chance he would give up $2,250,000 in guaranteed salary. He won't get that anywhere else in 18-19.

Halak reported when the Islanders waived him in 16-17, played his way back into the NHL, and now he's the backup in Boston.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
I think that if Neuvirth was waived, he might not report which could lead to mutual termination. But I didn't get the sense that Lyon was someone they wanted as #2, they could though.
Zero chance he doesn't report if waived. He isn't going to get a bigger contract if he agrees to a mutual termination

Reactions: Curufinwe

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seems correct.

Assuming that Vecchione and NAK make the Flyers roster (even if not starting in Vecchiones case).

Martel - Varone - McDonald
Carey - Vorobyev - Kase
Bunnaman - Knight - Rubtsov
Twarynski - Bardreau - Conner
Laberge
Fazleev
Goulbourne

I'd think they want to give Laberge a regular shift.
And if they don't add a center, they might want Rubtsov there to prepare him as a possible call-up.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Lol I hear ya. Walking into sporting goods stores and all you see are Devils and NY team gear. Feels bad man.
I've been behind enemy lines for 30 years. Within a one hr drive you can see four different teams. You can always get cheap tix to watch Devils or Isles. Not so much Rangers.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
It's not funny living in Pitt, Leafs and Habs land up here in Nova Scotia.
This is Ranger country ...8 out of 10 hockey fans here are ranger fans. MSG is a great place to watch a game tho its brutally expensive.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

tenor.gif

Tony, you need 'code' avatars for when you are telling the truth and when you are writing what The Man wants you to write.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To be fair, what prospects have regressed or "crashed and burned" with the Phantoms the last few years?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
To be fair, what prospects have regressed or "crashed and burned" with the Phantoms the last few years?

Mangene, Noebels, Fazleev are just some random names that come to my mind.
All questionable, second or third tier propects with low probabilty of success... and then there was the Pat Maroon case long time ago.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Put Laberge and Rubstov together and let them become our next Richard's and Carter. But seriously, Laberge is definitely not riding the bench. He has potential to light it up in the A.

Fazleez never had a shot. Skates with cement in his boot and does nothing well, at least from what I've seen of him.

WheresMySnare

Mar 9, 2018
Well he still has the potential to turn it on. I'm sure he was dealing with some demons after that hit. I think 4 goals in the 3 on 3 tourney shows what an elite sniper he is!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Put Laberge and Rubstov together and let them become our next Richard's and Carter. But seriously, Laberge is definitely not riding the bench. He has potential to light it up in the A.

Fazleez never had a shot. Skates with cement in his boot and does nothing well, at least from what I've seen of him.

Laberge will need to make HUGE strides in what we saw from his last year if he is going to light up the AHL this season.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fellow 2nd round pick from the Q Aube-Kubel had 18 points in 71 games as an AHL rookie.

Laberge should be happy if he can match that.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
What happened with Maroon?
Nhler obviously frustrated with being blocked. I inferred this from how he repeatedly talked about being given a chance once traded.

I can't say I'm a Gordon supporter but i like the idea of a former nhl coach teaching young players how to be pro players. I'd like it more if they ran the same system so there was consistency in development. I've said before I'd write ken Hitchcock a blank check to ride the bus. I thought he was a great fundamentals teacher

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca