Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like his position coach in the A doesn't think he is ready to start the year in Philly. Will be interesting to watch to see if they really just use training camp to get warmed up and basically no slots are legitimately open for competition.

I think he's just being conservative, Ron does the same thing, deflect the media attention from a promising kid.
Myers showed enough in the AHL playoffs (60+ minutes in one game!) to win a job if he has a good TC.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That headline :laugh:

How Felix “The Other Goalie” Sandstrom feels right now....

source.gif

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
^^ Thanks for the tag.

I am more invested this year b/c we now have an ECHL team here.... The Growlers....So I'll be at least taking in the games they will play the Royals....

Will be interesting to see if some players talked about on the boards will be on the team playing.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Anyone know/have an idea on this upcoming season Reading Royals roster?

It is unlikely that anyone you see discussed here on the Flyers board will play in Reading, except if it is someone complaining that a non-prospect is getting playing time in the AHL over someone with an NHL future. We won't know which AHL contracted players are going to be sent down to Reading until just before the season starts.

So far the Royals have announced the following ECHL contracts:
F: Adam Schmidt, Jack Riley Schmidt is a solid ECHL player, Riley played a few games at the end of the season after graduating from Mercyhurst College.
D: Charlie Vasaturo, Nick Neville - Vasaturo and Neville are depth defenseman. They can be scratched when the Royals have players down from LV, but fill in OK when needed. Vasaturo will play ahead of Neville - he was a teammate of Shayne Gostisbehere at Union College.

They also extended the following qualifying offers (which means they hold these players ECHL rights for the upcoming season - equivalent of an NHL restricted free agent, except no arbitration. Take the offer, get traded, or don't play in the ECHL)
Forwards (6): Michael Huntebrinker, Mark Naclerio, Brian Morgan, Viktor Liljegren, Brayden Low, Dillan Fox
Defenseman (1): Sam Posa
Goaltender (1): Branden Komm
Posa left the team to go overseas last year mid season, Low was the future considerations in a mid season trade, so hasn't played for the Royals. Komm filled in for a few games when the Flyers had some injuries and then got hurt himself and ended the year on IR. Unlikely that those three actually play here. Of the rest Huntebrinker is the best player, and hopefully has another solid year. Liljegren played ten games after graduating from RPI. He's a big body, but didn't show too much. Royals coach Kirk MacDonald went to RPI and was an asst coach there for a year, so that's probably what got him the tryout. Naclerio, Morgan and Fox will likely return, although an ECHL contract isn't guaranteed, so even if they sign, they could get cut after training camp, depending on who gets sent down.

None of these guys will be discussed on this board beyond today, as they are not NHL prospects, or even real AHL prospects. Hopefully the Phantoms will resign a few of the AHL contracted players that were in Reading last year, and they make their way back down to the ECHL for a while. Chris McCarthy, Alex Krushelnyski, James DeHaas, Nick Luukko, Steven Swavely, etc. Would love to see Goulbourne back in Reading too, but his NHL cameo and the fact that they gave him an NHL qualifying offer probably means he isn't coming this way again.

Certainly there will be two goalies from the Flyers/Phantoms in Reading. Hopefully they re-sign John Muse from last year, and if we are really lucky we might see Lyon, Stolarz, or Hart to start the year, at least until someone gets hurt.

This thread https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-19-ahl-contracts.2471803/ lists all the AHL contracted players for the upcoming season. It is a good bet that some of these players start the year in the ECHL. The Phantoms tend to announce their signings later in the summer compared to other AHL teams.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wow, he's 30 years old and undersized, guess it means Lyon is better than we thought, or at least may have more value around the league.
Lyon > Muse.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Even with Brennan he had a lot of opportunities before he got hurt that first season. Sanheim took over and played great the rest of that season and then Myers filled that role this season.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
About 10 on the phantoms as well @Magua is going to be a busy bee :bee:

21291808.gif

You’re welcome to do your part with the prospect watching! You certainly enjoy us talking about them! :laugh:

I’m obviously most interested in our recent 1sts, then maybe Cates + Kalynuk in college. Farabee and O’Brien I am most pumped to watch a lot. We always tell people if they’re on TV too, which is convenient. We really don’t have anyone in the CHL I feel I need to watch that that much. So, it balances out. The AHL will be interesting with Rubtsov and Kase. Hopefully not Vorobyev and Myers! I’d like to get a read on Lycksell too at the WJC or wherever. But I watch less of our own prospects than you might think. I really trail off by the second half and go draft mode. I know what the kids are already; I just check for progress or out of boredom. Someone like Stizzle probably watches 10x the Phantoms games I do. And deadhead watches on Saturdays of the 3rd week of odd numbered months that aren’t Judge Judy reruns.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
21291808.gif

You’re welcome to do your part with the prospect watching! You certainly enjoy us talking about them! :laugh:

I’m obviously most interested in our recent 1sts, then maybe Cates + Kalynuk in college. Farabee and O’Brien I am most pumped to watch a lot. We always tell people if they’re on TV too, which is convenient. We really don’t have anyone in the CHL I feel I need to watch that that much. So, it balances out. The AHL will be interesting with Rubtsov and Kase. Hopefully not Vorobyev and Myers! I’d like to get a read on Lycksell too at the WJC or wherever. But I watch less of our own prospects than you might think. I really trail off by the second half and go draft mode. I know what the kids are already; I just check for progress or out of boredom. Someone like Stizzle probably watches 10x the Phantoms games I do. And deadhead watches on Saturdays of the 3rd week of odd numbered months that aren’t Judge Judy reruns.

I will try my best and Yeah u guys got me hooked on the Jr. Kids and following them up thru the ahl and hopefully to the big club. I watch as many games as possible hoping to get to at least 8-10 games live this year ( work and family commitments not withstanding ) can't wait to see hart,bunnyman ,rubtsov ,kase , hopefully a few more kids joining them at the end of the season for a playoff run.

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->