Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So the AHL would be a promotion. I'd love to have him working with kids like Rubtsov and Laberge.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Kase, Rubtsov, Laberge, Twarynski, Bunnaman and Hart are all heading to Phantoms.

Laczynski, Allison are staying in NCAA.

Ratcliffe, Strome, Sushko are staying in juniors.

Is that correct assumption?

Sounds terrific to have all these kids already on Phantoms. I will have to finally start watching Phantoms games regularly.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Kase, Rubtsov, Laberge, Twarynski, Bunnaman and Hart are all heading to Phantoms.

Sounds terrific to have all these kids already on Phantoms. I will have to finally start watching Phantoms games regularly.

Yes looking forward to going to as many phantoms games as possible this year can't wait to see all the new kids live :nod:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The goaltending situation with the Phantoms was dire for a while, they traded for Tokarski and then had to sign John Muse. None of the three goalies are really the guy you want to send out on loan either. They could obviously, it's rarely done. Lyon would probably be the guy. Does anyone know how the loan deals with if you have to recall him and use them in the NHL? Can you send them back there?

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I moved to North Jersey for work so I won’t be getting the Phantoms games on local TV anymore. Honestly that and the other Philly teams was the only reason having cable.

I’m about 25 mins from Prudential arena. Might catch some Flyers games out here for a change.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Seems correct.

Assuming that Vecchione and NAK make the Flyers roster (even if not starting in Vecchiones case).

Martel - Varone - McDonald
Carey - Vorobyev - Kase
Bunnaman - Knight - Rubtsov
Twarynski - Bardreau - Conner
Laberge
Fazleev
Goulbourne

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Seems correct.

Assuming that Vecchione and NAK make the Flyers roster (even if not starting in Vecchiones case).

Carey - Vorobyev - Kase
Laberge
Fazleev
Goulbourne

What's the rule about vets vs kids on the roster? Isn't there a limit on vets?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
What's the rule about vets vs kids on the roster? Isn't there a limit on vets?

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Seems correct.

Carey - Vorobyev - Kase
Laberge
Fazleev
Goulbourne

It's going to be great to hear regular reports on these guys from everyone who watches regularly. I have a feeling my blood pressure is going to soar when Bunny decides to take it easy on AHL opposition, to spare opposing players from feeling terrible about themselves, but that's the price of being in a committed relationship, I guess. Hopefully Laberge earns a spot and shows us something. Really interested to see what Kase can do - I wouldn't be hugely surprised (based just on what I have read) if he fast-tracked himself to the Flyers' 4th line.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So who are we realistically expecting on WJC teams this year?

Frost, Farabee, Ginning and Lycksell?

Ratcliffe and Ustimenko should have chances. Ustimenko having the better chance. The tournament being held in Vancouver (meaning NHL arenas) should help Ratcliffe because of his size.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The goaltending situation with the Phantoms was dire for a while, they traded for Tokarski and then had to sign John Muse. None of the three goalies are really the guy you want to send out on loan either. They could obviously, it's rarely done. Lyon would probably be the guy. Does anyone know how the loan deals with if you have to recall him and use them in the NHL? Can you send them back there?

I think Lyon could start the season on the Flyers as Elliott's backup.

Neuvirth could be traded at 50%, or waived to the AHL to start the season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Lyon could start the season on the Flyers as Elliott's backup.

Neuvirth could be traded at 50%, or waived to the AHL to start the season.

I think that if Neuvirth was waived, he might not report which could lead to mutual termination. But I didn't get the sense that Lyon was someone they wanted as #2, they could though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad