Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Next chapter 2015-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Expected much more from him

Not all development is the same.

Some of my favorite defensemen didn't really come into their own until late 20s. Rough on an organization to wait that long though. Although you routinely see "star" defensemen prospects in the league very early on even if it takes them a few seasons to really hit their stride.

TonyAndrock

Oct 26, 2013
Stolarz officially re-assigned to Lehigh Valley Phantoms and Martin Ouellette returned to Reading (ECHL). Both moves made official by the AHL's transactions page.

I saw HC Scott Gordon pull Ouellette aside and subsequently saw Ouellette packing up his gear during last night's post-game.

I'd expect Stolarz to start Friday for Lehigh Valley.

Broke this news last night: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2016/02/anthony-stolarz-returning-to-phantoms.html

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
So you basically agree with the consensus on this thread?

Provorov is more NHL ready, and has lower downside, Sanheim will take time to develop but has a higher ceiling, but a low probability of getting there (i.e. he could be great, but how many good looking prospects reach that level?).

No, I would not call the probability of him getting there as low. I think there's a very high chance he ends up a top pair defensemen in some capacity. Does he hit his ultimate ceiling? Obviously, I don't know. But I think he's a much safer bet to at minimum be a top pair guy than the general consensus around here. I rate him as our top prospect.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope Stolie starts on Saturday too since I will be able to watch that game on FIOS channel 515.

http://www.phantomshockey.com/phant...live-in-hd-quality-throughout-2015-16-season/

The Phantoms broadcasts will also be simulcast live on WFMZ-TV Channel 69 for eight games throughout the 2015-16 season. The eight simulcast games will be Saturday, October 24, Saturday, November 14, Saturday, December 12, Saturday, December 26, Saturday, January 16, Saturday, February 13, Saturday, March 26 and Saturday, April 9.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
So anyone that has seen him play, what kind of future does Martel have? Are the comparisons to Tyler Johnson actually close? What are the chances he becomes an NHL player?

TonyAndrock

Oct 26, 2013
So anyone that has seen him play, what kind of future does Martel have? Are the comparisons to Tyler Johnson actually close? What are the chances he becomes an NHL player?

I wrote this about Martel back on January 23rd: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2016/01/martel-making-progress-in-rookie-season.html

He's definitely got high end speed and a good shot. He's been working on his play without the puck, and that's certainly a work in progress. What I really like is how feisty he is for such a small guy. A lot of his 17 goals on the season have come from going to the front of the net, which he is not afraid to do.

Jury is still out whether or not he can translate his AHL success to the next level, but certainly would fall under that diamond in the rough category. Needs to 'polish' his game and work on his defensive zone work and positioning to round out his game and become more of a reliable two-way forward.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Craig Buttons top 50 nhl affiliated prospects list is out. 4 flyers in top 40

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Holy Moly Myers made the list.

Can we get excited now or does Button writing the article make it meaningless.

Also, another tidbit, love when people rip him apart. He has more experience and viewings than 99% of us and actually held positions in the NHL. You might not agree with some but I like when people say they are terrible lists. He has much more experience than all of us.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
An undrafted player in the top 50 is something special. ****ing sucks he's ahead of Morin, but I still think Morin will turn into a 20 to possibly 30 point defensive D-man that will do incredibly well in his own end.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Seems like button wants a spot on the flyers organization lmao... dvorak that high? Rantanen 17th?

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
snobbish people on the polls board locked my Myers vs Chabot thread and thought it was a funny comparison. Well how do you like them apples? I love Myers!

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Have a lot of respect for Button. He makes his own evaluations and doesn't follow the normal "expert" formula. It doesn't matter if you agree with his valuations or not, but it's always interesting and spurs a lot of discussion.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Have a lot of respect for Button. He makes his own evaluations and doesn't follow the normal "expert" formula. It doesn't matter if you agree with his valuations or not, but it's always interesting and spurs a lot of discussion.

To be fair, I feel like we chew out a lot of people who create these lists and don't follow the normal "expert" formula, like Pronman for example.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Pronman has a pattern of overrating certain types of players, though. And having Lindblom ahead of Sanheim is certifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad