Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. (Next chapter 2015-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hagg needs to perform more consistently if he wants to play every game. You don't see Morin getting scratched.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Konecny is blowing Zacha out of the water since he joined Sarnia.

And this is coming from a guy who really liked Zacha pre-draft.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Hagg needs to perform more consistently if he wants to play every game. You don't see Morin getting scratched.

If you're responding to my comment on Gordon's coaching, I'm not upset with the way he plays Hagg. Hagg hasn't been playing well and needs to get back to the way he can play, sitting might help that. I'm just talking about his coaching in general. When MacDonald was called up instead of using Morin on the 1st PP unit he decides to go with 5 forwards. Currently Morin isn't even on a power play unit. Comrie, an ECHL player, gets PP time over Morin, who should be getting some to help his development.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Zacha will be one of those Evander Kane types once he hits the NHL in that he'll get by on tools but will always leave you wanting more.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I was a pretty happy man when Zacha went before our pick.

Oh believe me....I was sitting on my couch repeating "take zacha...take zacha...take zacha" My son was like "Who's Zacha?"

I was like, I don't know, but I want Provorov, so lets hope for Zacha right now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If you're responding to my comment on Gordon's coaching, I'm not upset with the way he plays Hagg. Hagg hasn't been playing well and needs to get back to the way he can play, sitting might help that. I'm just talking about his coaching in general. When MacDonald was called up instead of using Morin on the 1st PP unit he decides to go with 5 forwards. Currently Morin isn't even on a power play unit. Comrie, an ECHL player, gets PP time over Morin, who should be getting some to help his development.

Cousins and Leier have been on the top PP unit all season, right? So he's been developing their PP skills. It's possible he just doesn't think Morin is ready for that role yet.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Cousins and Leier have been on the top PP unit all season, right? So he's been developing their PP skills. It's possible he just doesn't think Morin is ready for that role yet.

I don't think it's the same with them. Morin actually needs his offense developed, Leier and Cousins were two of the best offensive players on the team already.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Are you still high on Werenski?

Yes. Not as polished as Provorov and will take some time to hit his stride, but has a ton of ability. His wrist shot is disgusting. Skating looks improved. Big kid too. A Jones-Werenski top pair could be one of the best in the league. Not quite Provorov-Sanheim but you get the point. :sarcasm:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Sanheim has clearly been working on his Ghost-like spin-o-rama. He just used it from a stand still at the blue line.

I may be out of line in saying this, but I think he'd do a better job right now than Voracek does, with that right board spot, on the top PP unit for the Flyers. That spot fits him perfectly.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanheim has clearly been working on his Ghost-like spin-o-rama. He just used it from a stand still at the blue line.
He'll give Ghost a run for his money with blueline dangles. Hard to find two better young defenseman that work the blueline as well as those two.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We may look back in five years and see this draft as the one that delivered the "Cup"
Provorov
Konency
Sandstrom
Myers
Or maybe the 2014 group:
Sanheim
Aube-Kubel
Lindstrom
Fazleev
Friedman

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
2012 could have 4 NHLers- Laughton, Stolarz, Gostisbehere, and Leier.

Even if the others don't amount to much, Gostisbehere alone makes it a great draft.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Provorov and erkamps are leading the chl in points by a defensive unit at over 100, and sanheim and bean are at 90. The tops pairings in the ohl is like 70 points.
We are gonna have an exciting. Dynamic d in a few years

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
We may look back in five years and see this draft as the one that delivered the "Cup"
Provorov
Konency
Sandstrom
Myers
Or maybe the 2014 group:
Sanheim
Aube-Kubel
Lindstrom
Fazleev
Friedman

I agree 100%. Hextall and the Flyers scouting staff have done an unbelievable job. Hopefully this year brings one or two more gems up front:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad