Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [April-May 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Real exhaustive coaching search, huh?

7de62539379b65f44857a0574c0b75fb.gif

Know what? I’m just going to trust Chuckles that Lappy is a brilliant tactical coach and developer of young talent, who is eventually being groomed as a potential successor in a decade to Alain.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! That's the best thing I've heard all day. Jesus, the people that run this franchise just can't help themselves.......

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know what his responsibilities were with regard to the PK. It's hard to evaluate assistant coaches, because you don't know how much the head coach is micromanaging, you don't know if assistants are just doing what they're told, and you don't get a close look at their teaching and coaching abilities.

As for so-called "player development coaches," there's only so much they can do in their limited time. They're only really there for running short camps and checking in with prospects occasionally throughout their seasons. They have minimal impact on actual player development. I don't think there were any good prospects in the Flyers system when Laperriere was the development coach, regardless.
Well, he was the one developing them. And when he left that job, they started developing players.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’ll wait until he has a poor system or poor usage. Maybe he will be good. No one knows what he has actually done over the years. It’s pretty odd either way.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Fletcher is a bullshiter... He said he was going to search for a coach 3 weeks ago when he let Gordon go.

Lappy was the plan as Phantoms HC as soon as Gordon was out the door, that’s why Fletcher said he was searching for a new Phantoms coach but didn’t even search.

So he lied to the Flyers/Phantoms fans, way to put trust into the Flyers management, morons.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Fletcher is a bullshiter... He said he was going to search for a coach 3 weeks ago when he let Gordon go.

Lappy was the plan as Phantoms HC as soon as Gordon was out the door, that’s why Fletcher said he was searching for a new Phantoms coach but didn’t even search.

So he lied to the Flyers/Phantoms fans, way to put trust into the Flyers management, morons.

What's worse is that Schmuck has the backing of Dave Scott and Paul Holmgren.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Well, he was the one developing them. And when he left that job, they started developing players.
Who is more responsible for “developing” prospects — the coaches for the teams they play for & work with every day, or the pro organization’s so-called “development coach,” who has them for one short camp and otherwise checks in with them a few times per year?

Come on. “Development coaches” have minimal impact on prospects’ development.

Plus, who were the Flyers’ prospects when Laperriere was development coach? Isn’t that when they had one of the weakest farm systems in the league & guys like Mike Testwuide were in their top 10 prospects?

Can’t blame a development coach for having nothing to develop. It’s like giving a farmer shitty seeds & blaming him for lousy crops.

Reactions: macleish1974

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Lappi had the ear of the players and he's an easy guy to respect in the room as far as personalities go I can see why they like him.
With what he accomplished in the league if lappi says you aren't committing it's believable but getting guys to commit is a different skill
As far as the systems go a lack of experience might be a good thing as he can just copy whatever they are running on the big club. The year and a half he spent watching it from the booth and on film can be valuable experience.

I always try and understand Why they do things even if I don't agree with the things they do.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lappi had the ear of the players and he's an easy guy to respect in the room as far as personalities go I can see why they like him.
With what he accomplished in the league if lappi says you aren't committing it's believable but getting guys to commit is a different skill
As far as the systems go a lack of experience might be a good thing as he can just copy whatever they are running on the big club. The year and a half he spent watching it from the booth and on film can be valuable experience.

I always try and understand Why they do things even if I don't agree with the things they do.

This would be the one reason this could be a good hire.
Haven't we always complained that Gordon was running his own scheme instead of what the Flyers are doing?
At least Lappy had two years to work with AV and understand what he was trying to do.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

I’m sure they like the idea of having a coach who was part of the Flyers’ current staff teach the same systems & terminology to the Phantoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad