Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [April-May 2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Not to overdramatize but whoever Fletcher hires will tell a lot about the direction of this franchise. An AHL coach itself is not very important to the success of a franchise, but the thought process of how they got there and how it branches off can be.

They just CANNOT go with another recycled veteran coach. They have to get some new blood and new ideas into this organization (especially with zero changes to the NHL staff).

The minor leagues are the ultimate testing grounds. I mean some of those NBA teams (mainly Morey and the Rockets) pushed everything to the limits when they finally got minor league affiliates. There is no penalty for being unconventional at that level and there’s a whole lot of upside.

You KNOW he is bringing back a recycled coach. Who was the lady coach fired in Minnesota?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Mrs. Parent, in a pique of anger at our oldest child (then 4), picked up a balloon and showed it to him. She then popped it with a pin while staring him in the eye. Your post reminded me of that.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we all know that moving one of the assistants to Lehigh Valley would be a Flyers move, especially with this group in charge. Trying to be an uptempo team isn't allowed....

Reactions: BernieParent

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
zzq.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like there was a rift between Chuck and Gordok.
Gordon expected to get a look for the permanent head job which I believe he interviewed for but was clearly never seriously considered and only begrudgingly stayed on with the Phantoms. Gordon is 58 he doesn’t have much time left to break back into the NHL so you gotta shoot your shots.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Gordon didn't even want to stay as an NHL assistant 2 seasons ago. He preferred AHL head coach. Not that I'm complaining.

All I can say is: if he expects any chance at any NHL head coaching job, bless his heart. Gordor fits NHL systems like a mask fits his face. But I would die laughing seeing him coach an NHL team, so there's that.

whiXGcd.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Gordon didn't even want to stay as an NHL assistant 2 seasons ago. He preferred AHL head coach. Not that I'm complaining.

All I can say is: if he expects any chance at any NHL head coaching job, bless his heart. Gordor fits NHL systems like a mask fits his face. But I would die laughing seeing him coach an NHL team, so there's that.

I though Gordon was a clear downgrade from Hak.
Team played with less discipline under Gordon, only thing that saved him was promoting Hart and having mediocre instead of putrid goaltending.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gordon’s interim run wasn’t about materially fixing the team, it was about getting rid of Hakstol, of which his firing was still botched. It was also about not routinely having complete meltdowns like they were doing between Hextall and Hakstol getting fired. They may have had awful goaltending but they still should not have been losing games the way they were.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

whiXGcd.jpg
He will end up in Europe, no one is giving him an NHL HC job.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Millman says “What?”

I have no idea why he was scratched so much this season. The vet plugs in Pouliot and Bigras were making bigger and more frequent mistakes. Pouliot’s the most selfish defenseman I’ve ever seen. Awful, awful player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have no idea why he was scratched so much this season. The vet plugs in Pouliot and Bigras were making bigger and more frequent mistakes. Pouliot’s the most selfish defenseman I’ve ever seen. Awful, awful player.

He is exactly who we thought he was.

Yet Chuckles still signed him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He is exactly who we thought he was.

Yet Chuckles still signed him.

Pouliot is a talented player, you'd think being stuck in the AHL would be a wake up call, it is for some players.
Others, like Brennan, just never get the memo.
Gus is in-between, he tried, and I'd have no problem with him in the AHL for a year to learn how to play defense, because right now when he tries you can see the wheels turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad