Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021

5th goal of the year.

There's almost certainly no spot on the flyers for this kid next year, but is there really any way they can send him back to juniors? Anyone know what the rules are for CHL vs. AHL next year? He sure seems to be having no problem adjusting to the pro game so far. I am so excited for him. Hard to imagine a player I want to succeed more than Wisdom.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Wylie’s passing has been way off target for this game and he seemed a bit panicky throughout.

Hogberg was excellent as per usual.

Zamula had a shift or two to forget but was very good overall.

Laczynski player very well.

Wisdom was solid.

Pouliot sucks.

Didn’t see him play in Europe prior to coming over to NA this season but Sushko’s play seems to be stagnating.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There's almost certainly no spot on the flyers for this kid next year, but is there really any way they can send him back to juniors? Anyone know what the rules are for CHL vs. AHL next year? He sure seems to be having no problem adjusting to the pro game so far. I am so excited for him. Hard to imagine a player I want to succeed more than Wisdom.

He’ll have to go back to the OHL when they start up. It’s NHL or OHL. He’s only temporarily in the AHL as the OHL hasn’t started yet this year.

I’d imagine it would be similar next year if both of the AHL & CHL schedules don’t necessarily align again.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Fletcher traded:

116 & 147 to move up to 94 (Wisdom).
202 & 209 to move up to 135 (Desnoyers).
So effectively they moved from 116 to 94 and 147 to 135.

Wisdom may be their best "steal" since Lindblom.
Stop! He was the dinosaur “try hard pick” this whole board guaranteed fletcher would make.

Could have been the funniest thing ever posted here!

Reactions: dats81

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Stop! He was the dinosaur “try hard pick” this whole board guaranteed fletcher would make.

Could have been the funniest thing ever posted here!

That does seem funny! The whole board posted that? Wow! I do remember things like this though:

I guess you could do worse for your value than be stapled to Shane Wright, who isn't even draft eligible until 2022.

This looks like your stereotypical high floor, grinding Flyers mid-rounder, but it looks like Zayde has respectable hockey skill and :heart:. There's certainly room for these types, and maybe he's more than the sum of his parts.

Wisdom has hockey ability, and his statistical profile was solid, but he is pretty physically superior to his peers, so it’s not surprising to see him succeed quickly. It also doesn’t necessarily address his ceiling. Few disliked the pick as far as having NHL potential; I’d wager people were more unenthusiastic about the picks prior. But by all means: go for that SLAM DUNK for a player you probably never saw!

Last edited:

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
That does seem funny! The whole board posted that? Wow! I do remember things like this though:

Wisdom has hockey ability, but he is pretty physically superior to his peers, so it’s not surprising to see him succeed quickly. It also doesn’t necessarily address his ceiling. Few disliked the pick as far as having NHL potential; I’d wager people were more unenthusiastic about the picks prior. But by all means: go for that SLAM DUNK for a player you probably never saw!

Sorry. Did you edit your response? I didn’t see the first part. Nope. Over exaggerating on the whole board. Just the self proclaimed experts.

I must have struck a chord. So, he is physically superior to his peers in the AHL? In your opinion he was a bad 4th round pick. Thank you.

Last edited:

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Does Wisdom have more upside than a player like NAK?

(Genuinely asking, I’ve never seen him play or anything)

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I must have struck a chord. So, he is physically superior to his peers in the AHL? In your opinion he was a bad 4th round pick. Thank you.

Yes, he’s probably physically comparable to many pros. Wisdom was 5’9 and 225lbs at age 15. He looks slimmer and fitter if anything as a pro.

In my opinion? The previous quote was my opinion. You seem like logic isn’t your strong suit, but you got us all real good! Here’s a napkin for the spittle.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Yes, he’s probably physically comparable to many pros. Wisdom was 5’9 and 225lbs at age 15. He looks slimmer and fitter if anything as a pro.

In my opinion? The previous quote was my opinion. You seem like logic isn’t your strong suit, but you got us all real good! Here’s a napkin for the spittle.
Logic? Your logically statement is? I love, the old go to the insults when I make a fool of myself. Nice job!

My statement referred to someone who posted, and several agreed, 2 seconds after the pick it was a typical dinosaur pick fletcher would make. Knowing absolutely nothing about the player. If it was you so be it.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Logic? Your logically statement is? I love, the old go to the insults when I make a fool of myself. Nice job!

My statement referred to someone who posted, and several agreed, 2 seconds after the pick it was a typical dinosaur pick fletcher would make. Knowing absolutely nothing about the player. If it was you so be it.

Your original post was a lame attempt to troll an imagined narrative, without providing a single cogent point. No commentary, no assessment of his game, substance just shy of zero. Have you even watched him? You a Kingston die hard? I don’t even know who complains about Fletcher and “dinosaur” picks. His 2 years here includes a lot of undersized and statistical profile picks. I know I’m wasting my time, so a parting gift:

OblongInfatuatedAfricanrockpython-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Your original, post was a lame attempt to troll an imagined narrative, without providing a single cogent point. No commentary, no assessment of his game, substance just shy of zero. Have you even watched him? You a Kingston die hard? I don’t even know who complains about Fletcher and “dinosaur” picks. His 2 years here includes a lot of undersized and statistical profile picks. I know I’m wasting my time, so a parting gift:

We made five selections with our highest pick being #23 if anything that was probably the most overriding complaint of the draft.

A lot riding on those guys to get multiple hits from this draft down the line with that limited of selections just naturally. It’s still a valid thing even with guys like Wisdom, Andrae, & Desnoyers trending up so far.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Your original, post was a lame attempt to troll an imagined narrative, without providing a single cogent point. No commentary, no assessment of his game, substance just shy of zero. Have you even watched him? You a Kingston die hard? I don’t even know who complains about Fletcher and “dinosaur” picks. His 2 years here includes a lot of undersized and statistical profile picks.

Imagined narrative? So I just made it up? I saw it posted, minutes if not seconds after his pick? Why the f*** would I make that up? We should all be happy he is showing well so far. No. I didn’t say I watched him every game. In fact I said several times his draft tape showed more skill then the experts on this board claimed. If that was you, I’m sorry.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Your original post was a lame attempt to troll an imagined narrative, without providing a single cogent point. No commentary, no assessment of his game, substance just shy of zero. Have you even watched him? You a Kingston die hard? I don’t even know who complains about Fletcher and “dinosaur” picks. His 2 years here includes a lot of undersized and statistical profile picks. I know I’m wasting my time, so a parting gift:

You made me check. It was striiker. With 6 likes. Something to the effect... this was the try-hard low floor pick I was expecting. So it wasn’t an imagined narrative. It was the narrative on that pick. So keep yapping. Feel free to jump into something with ZERO knowledge of the conversation. Nicely done!

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, I'll trade a 7th rd pick to target a guy I think can actually play in the NHL.

Our 2nd best 7th rd pick in a decade is currently in the AHL after four years in college.
Our best 7th rd pick was a long shot that might just make it.
Brodzinski might sniff the NHL some day, Westfalt, Bernhardt, Fedotov, Petterson, Drake, Vasiliev, Mathers, Blidstrand, Ranford

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Does “try-hard floor pick” meet the dinosaur standard? That post from someone who never watched Wisdom play, got nine likes on the 1st page of his draft thread.

But my memory of that thread is that most people were neutral or positive, and then there were a few outrageous Goulbourne comparisons.

Reactions: Magua

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Does “try-hard floor pick” meet the dinosaur standard? That post from someone who never watched Wisdom play, got nine likes on the 1st page of his draft thread.

But my memory of that thread is that most people were neutral or positive, and then there were a few outrageous Goulbourne comparisons.
Thank you. That’s all I was saying. It’s amazing how many on this board would rather see a player fail instead of helping the team if it makes their opinion look better.
And the insults from the minions make me laugh.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

He is a try hard floor player! But it doesn’t have to be as negative a connotation as that sounds. :laugh:

Hextall took a lot of those in the mid rounds, and I’d say consensus was that Wisdom had sizably more hockey skill than most of those. I remember most people being neutral to positive as well. Also, I don’t recall Fletcher’s “dinosaur” drafting as being a running narrative. If anything, he’s been more malleable than Hextall in terms of profiles, with gripes being more in the actual evaluations than the profiles. These are weird conjurings.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

You made me check. It was striiker. With 6 likes. Something to the effect... this was the try-hard low floor pick I was expecting. So it wasn’t an imagined narrative. It was the narrative on that pick.

Striker said:
There's the try-hard floor pick I was waiting for.

So, 9 likes for that opinion.

ChurchOfAlfie said:
Sounds like you guys aren't too thrilled with the pick. My two cents...

I watched a ton of Wisdom last season, and he quickly became my favorite non-big-name prospect in the draft. Every single time I watched him, one name kept popping up in my head: Brandan Gallagher. Wisdom has a really similar physique. Not the tallest guy, but very strong. He's a bulldog like Gallagher, absolutely fearless. He fought 6'7", 240lb Kevin Bahl as a 16 year old. Will gladly go to the dirty areas and battle. Scored a lot of goals parked right in the blue paint. Has some skill though, he's definitely not a plug.

It's a mistake, in my opinion, to simply attribute his point production last year to playing with Wright. Wisdom drastically improved his skating, which was the biggest factor in his offensive improvement compared to his 16 year old season. Wisdom certainly wasn't passenger on that line. Furthermore, it took Wright a little while to adjust to the OHL before really taking off in the second half of the season. Despite that, Wisdom was right around PPG the entire year. He had an extremely consistent year.

And 21 likes for that opinion.

It's fine to say there was a narrative from one or more posters that Wisdom was low floor, but it's hyperbole to say the whole board felt that way. There were quite a few different perspectives at the time and I have yet to see anyone actively root against him since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig