Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
According to advanced metrics, Hogberg is off to the best start of the three D prospects at LHV:
CF 54.06%, CFrel +3.08, SCF 59.68%, SCFrel +11.60, HDCF 61.90%, HDCFrel +10.62

Not surprising, while Wylie and Zamula played in the CHL last year, Hogberg has 200 SHL games under his belt, so there was little or no jump in competition for him. Figure he's the top callup candidate if there's a serious injury.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
According to advanced metrics, Hogberg is off to the best start of the three D prospects at LHV:
CF 54.06%, CFrel +3.08, SCF 59.68%, SCFrel +11.60, HDCF 61.90%, HDCFrel +10.62

Not surprising, while Wylie and Zamula played in the CHL last year, Hogberg has 200 SHL games under his belt, so there was little or no jump in competition for him. Figure he's the top callup candidate if there's a serious injury.
Given that Prosser and Pouliot were brought up when Covid happened I highly doubt any of Hogberg, Zamula, Wylie, and so on are looked at.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The veterans were brought up for two reasons, they have NHL experience and Fletcher didn't care if they missed PT sitting on the bench.
They want the kids to play so they can develop and it allows Fletcher to gauge their progress.

Reactions: dats81

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I have absolutely no issue with Wylie, Hogberg and Zamula playing on the Phantoms until they get acclimatised to the professional game.

I'll have a major issue if near the end of the season one of the three is excelling and hasn't replaced Hagg or Braun as the 6th D.

Reactions: BernieParent

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Thanks for your response, aj. I do think, though, that the writer meant "stumbling block" given the context. I was being a bit facetious in my question.

Yeah, I didn't actually click on the article so I didn't catch that until after. I might have made that answer up anyway. But SB nation's hockey coverage is top notch, and well run from the very top, so what was written must be what was meant.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sanheim played a 76 AHL season before making the NHL at the start of his second pro year under Hextall. Myers played two 50 game AHL seasons before finally getting called up by Fletcher near the end of his second pro year.

Zamula et al will be lucky to play 36 AHL games in this shortened season.

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Yeah, I didn't actually click on the article so I didn't catch that until after. I might have made that answer up anyway. But SB nation's hockey coverage is top notch, and well run from the very top, so what was written must be what was meant.

I'm with you on your spot definition and intuition regarding stumping. This writer just needed a good proofreader.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sanheim played a 76 AHL season before making the NHL at the start of his second pro year under Hextall. Myers played two 50 game AHL seasons before finally getting called up by Fletcher near the end of his second pro year.

Zamula et al will be lucky to play 36 AHL games in this shortened season.
Felt like it.

;)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Guys jump over the boards to avoid Ginning hits.

GG74KOSUWRAWROTOGQB6RS7WQU.jpg

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Gordon breaking up the successful Zamula-Hogberg pairing to own the team.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Pouliot’s gaps when defending the rush are more permissive than Gustafsson’s & Hagg’s. Dude is pretty bad. Ha the hockey sense of a box of rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad