Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [2021 edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
So, 9 likes for that opinion.

And 21 likes for that opinion.

It's fine to say there was a narrative from one or more posters that Wisdom was low floor, but it's hyperbole to say the whole board felt that way. There were quite a few different perspectives at the time and I have yet to see anyone actively root against him since then.
If you read my response I acknowledged it wasn’t the whole board. Your point?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Does “try-hard floor pick” meet the dinosaur standard? That post from someone who never watched Wisdom play, got nine likes on the 1st page of his draft thread.

But my memory of that thread is that most people were neutral or positive, and then there were a few outrageous Goulbourne comparisons.

There's a minority of posters who simply decided that Fletcher sucks and every move is dissected from that perspective.
Despite the fact his first two drafts easily match up against Hextall's drafts.
York, Brink, Attard, Millman
Foerster, Andrae, Wisdom, Desnoyers, McClennon

If you get one starter, that's a good draft, 2 a great draft, anything more: "we're not worthy!"
2014: Sanheim, NAK, Lindblom
2015: Provorov, TK, Myers [Kase, Fedotov have outside shot]
2016: Hart [Twarynski, Bunnaman, Hogberg, Laczynski]
2107: Patrick [Frost, Cates]
2018: Farabee [JOB, Wylie, St Ivany, Zamula]

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Gordon breaking up the successful Zamula-Hogberg pairing to own the team.

I saw the Corsi stats from tonight and was wondering why these two had such a broad disparity in numbers. Gordo making movez explains that. Zamula was on the high side, Hogberg was low.

The Mill-Man and Tanner also Corsi'd well tonight, but I didn't watch, so no context from me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
This might be the only good side effect of this COVID situation, that we get to see recently drafted kids like Wisdom and Foerster playing at the Pro-level.
What I really like about Wisdom is his hard nosed play. He may not have the hands to succeed in the NHL but he would skate through a brick wall over and over again to help his team.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
What’s Attards downside that made him fall to the third round? Is his skating poor? Decision making? One prospect I virtually know nothing about.

I see I see. Was drafted at 20. Makes sense. Bypassed in his first two drafts. Hopefully he can become a legit threat to earn a spot on the defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
This might be the only good side effect of this COVID situation, that we get to see recently drafted kids like Wisdom and Foerster playing at the Pro-level.
What I really like about Wisdom is his hard nosed play. He may not have the hands to succeed in the NHL but he would skate through a brick wall over and over again to help his team.

Foerster was injured in his first game and won't be back for awhile.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

From the few highlights clips, it looks like Wisdom has pretty decent hands. He could definitely be a steal and, as probably one of the "try-hard" likers, I would be thrilled to be wrong.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
What’s Attards downside that made him fall to the third round? Is his skating poor? Decision making? One prospect I virtually know nothing about.

I see I see. Was drafted at 20. Makes sense. Bypassed in his first two drafts. Hopefully he can become a legit threat to earn a spot on the defense.

He’s very mistake-prone defensively. He can get beat easily on the rush, loses his man frequently, & just makes some bizarre coverage gaffes. His passing accuracy is a problem too. Especially on the breakout.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
This matches what I’m seeing with my eye-balls:

Tanner Laczynski in 4 Games Played
CF%: 61.54
xGF%: 70.33
SCF%: 69.70
HDCF%: 83.33

The Phantoms are spending very little time defending with Tanner on the ice. He’s making possession driving plays in all 3 zones on the regular. The “Tanner Special” as it were.

It was clear in his first pro game that he was hampered by an injury (his injured groin).

Since then, he’s been exactly the same player he was in college:
- winning lots of battles
- thriving on the cycle
- trying (& completing) passes that many players can’t begin to see or complete
- creating space for himself and his linemates through subtle dekes, fakes, shoulder dips, etc.

Last edited:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Laczynski will be up to the Flyers within the next five weeks. My sense is that the Flyers will be making a few moves before the TDL that will open up a spot for TL and resolve the needs on the blue line.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Laczynski will be up to the Flyers within the next five weeks. My sense is that the Flyers will be making a few moves before the TDL that will open up a spot for TL and resolve the needs on the blue line.
Would like to see him in bunny’s spot. Now.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Just a hunch and I could be wrong but Laughton looks to be the odd man out going forward. He is a UFA at the end of the season. If the Flyers thought that he was worth extending, they would have done it by now. He plays better on the wing than the center and that is where the team has a surplus of talent. So I see Laczynski coming on as a 3C with Bunny as the 4C; Laughton gone in a trade. Bunny doesn't score but he has been adequate on the fourth line. His size, decent speed and ability to work with NAK and Raffl are assets.

Last edited:

Flip psf

Feb 25, 2021
Just a bunch and I could be wrong but Laughton looks to be the odd man out going forward. He is a UFA at the end of the season. If the Flyers thought that he was worth extending, they would have done it by now. He plays better on the wing than the center and that is where the team has a surplus of talent. So I see Laczynski coming on as a 3C with Bunny as the 4C; Laughton gone in a trade. Bunny doesn't score but he has been adequate on the fourth line. His size, decent speed and ability to work with NAK and Raffl are assets.
Sadly I can see the GM overpaying to keep Laughton. I wouldn't. In fact I would look to trade him and Raffle. Give yourself more ammo to then go after players when the season is over. Just don't see this team as a true cup contender at this point.

Reactions: hystyk1921

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He’s very mistake-prone defensively. He can get beat easily on the rush, loses his man frequently, & just makes some bizarre coverage gaffes. His passing accuracy is a problem too. Especially on the breakout.

He actually may be the rare defenseman who you might want to move to forward.
His offensive breakout in the USHL no longer looks like a fluke.
Question is whether he can be adequate on defense, but he could be a PP weapon.

chadateit

Jan 11, 2021
Just a bunch and I could be wrong but Laughton looks to be the odd man out going forward. He is a UFA at the end of the season. If the Flyers thought that he was worth extending, they would have done it by now. He plays better on the wing than the center and that is where the team has a surplus of talent. So I see Laczynski coming on as a 3C with Bunny as the 4C; Laughton gone in a trade. Bunny doesn't score but he has been adequate on the fourth line. His size, decent speed and ability to work with NAK and Raffl are assets.
This is a weird year. I don't know whether he will stay or go, but extending him before the expansion draft makes it quite possible we lose him for nothing. I don't think you can read into his lack of a new contract in any way until after the expansion draft.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Teams that are trying to win don't trade 40 point UFA's so a rookie with no games played AND who has dealt with injuries, can replace him.

Why would we want Laczynski and Bunny as our #3 and #4 C when we can have Patrick and Laughton instead?

Makes no sense.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Teams that are trying to win don't trade 40 point UFA's so a rookie with no games played AND who has dealt with injuries, can replace him.

Why would we want Laczynski and Bunny as our #3 and #4 C when we can have Patrick and Laughton instead?

Makes no sense.
Sure it does if the return is a RHD who can take over the fourth slot on the top two pairs. We can go your way and keep the status quo with the roster and either miss the POs or get bounced in the first round. Changes need to be made.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sure it does if the return is a RHD who can take over the fourth slot on the top two pairs. We can go your way and keep the status quo with the roster and either miss the POs or get bounced in the first round. Changes need to be made.
So your suggestion is to replace Ghost...who has been better than Provy and Myers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad