Post-Game Talk: PGT no one wants to make apparently...Preds 3 Habs 1

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Drouin made a dumb play and it cost a goal

Aside from that, Price was solid but wasnt ready for Boyle’s goal. 4th line was okay but I would prefer someone else then Deslauriers. Carr would have been good

Benn made an awful play too. On a side note, I was watching the Preds feed because the broadcast image was much better, and I had to hear about Boyle all night. Brian Boyle.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I have not been having much luck with Pro Line and tbh I only really started playing recently. The NHL is so hard to predict, a bottom feeder could beat a top 5 team convincingly, it's just weird. It's a tough league with surprises every night. I picked a jets win last night and it killed my chance of winning $100, not a fortune but I don't bet high amounts either, usually 3-5 bucks. Last Saturday Night I missed out on $6500 because I picked the Leafs to beat the habs in regulation and the Jets to beat Ottawa. I was betting on 6 games and was correct on the other 4 and god dammit so close but yet so far.

being forced to pick 3 to 6 games, always sucks...

Look at NBA... for example Phoenix Suns have won 11 games lost 48....Ny Knicks have won 11 lost 47.....

Single game betting is coming to Canada soon...If ya want to bet just 1 game ..you'll be able to do it .

Reactions: OldCraig71

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The Preds are scoring 3.07 goals per game this year and we're scoring 3.00 goals per game!

What a ****ing powerhouse those Preds are!

It was a pretty damn even game that could've easily go one way or the other, we even managed to generate more scoring chances and more high danger scoring chances than them.

The difference was in the net. Rinne outplayed Price.

I'm not sure if Rinne outplayed price. You can go through the Boxscore and come out with that conslusion, but there's more to it.

It took the habs a full period to get in the game, most likely due to the long break. That game could have been over after 20 mins if not for price. Granted, I think he could have done better on the Boyle goal, but he was sharp overall.

As for Rinne, he was sharp too, but there were moments when I was thinking, how did the habs miss that chance, as opposed to, wow, Rinne was awesome there.

If there was any difference, I'd say it was marginal between the two.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sure, we sucked in the first period but isn't that the whole point in having a game breaker in the net?

The whole he saved our ass omg, he's so good is getting old tbh.

He's a star in this league and he's supposed to do it night after night.

We shouldn't feel bad because he's making the difference! He's paid to make the difference!

And when the goalie on the other side outplays him I have a bad taste in my mouth!

I would love for us to have a team with a strong top 6 and a good goalie and not have him be our highest paid player, it's too easy to point fingers at him when there are obviously deficiencies in other areas of this team. Our PP is awful and our top point producer is 61st in the league, this team has bigger issues than Price but when he is lights out he covers them up but when he has a bad night by some standards it's all on him.

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Well I called it.
I said in the GDT PK 3 Weber 1.

Habs was right there ...after a long layoff too...1-1 late in 3rd period...on the road....

Nashville 12 to 1 odds to win the Cup

Habs are 50 to 1 odds to win the Cup

Let then sink in....we hung right with them

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm not sure if Rinne outplayed price. You can go through the Boxscore and come out with that conslusion, but there's more to it.

It took the habs a full period to get in the game, most likely due to the long break. That game could have been over after 20 mins if not for price. Granted, I think he could have done better on the Boyle goal, but he was sharp overall.

As for Rinne, he was sharp too, but there were moments when I was thinking, how did the habs miss that chance, as opposed to, wow, Rinne was awesome there.

If there was any difference, I'd say it was marginal between the two.

Again, I don't think Carey was bad but it doesn't take much in a pretty even game between a defeat and a win.

One save can make the difference, and Rinne made it.

I didn't like the first goal Carey allowed last night.

Of course, Drouin f***ed up but the team was flying out there and we were all over them. That goal was a momentum killer IMO.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Again, I don't think Carey was bad but it doesn't take much in a pretty even game between a defeat and a win.

Of course, Drouin ****ed up but the team was flying out there and we were all over them. That goal was a momentum killer IMO.
Yeah, that's not on Carey. It's on Drouin. Same as the 3rd goal. That's all Benn. Good teams put mistakes in the net, and Nashville did. Price kept us in it, especially in the first.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Ok, so I've watched it again. Still look iffy to me, but I'm not an expert.

I just rewatched it on the highlights. Luckily GC used the same feed with the angle I was talking about. I’m not good at grabbing pictures and posting them on this site but Gallagher, Danault, and Arvidsson were in front of him as the puck was being released. Obviously I can’t say what Price saw and only speculate, but I don’t think he saw the shot coming until the puck was at his pads just going off the movement of his head. Didn’t help it was a hard slap shot along the ice that seemed to have eyes.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Of course, Drouin ****ed up but the team was flying out there and we were all over them. That goal was a momentum killer IMO.

The habs carried the 2nd period but the preds had some open ice on that goal, and it was a legitimate scoring chance.

The habs weren't so opportunistic on theirs. When you are missing open nets, you really need to question whether you should give all the credit to the goalie, or maybe spin the blame in the other direction and look at the shooter.

Both goalies were very good, and did enough to give their teams a chance. I think it's very muddy instead of definitive in terms of who was better.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, that's not on Carey. It's on Drouin. Same as the 3rd goal. That's all Benn. Good teams put mistakes in the net, and Nashville did. Price kept us in it, especially in the first.
WTF is the point in paying your goalie 10,5M per year if anytime someone makes a mistake the puck is in the net?! Gimme a break...

That blocker save was a routine save, nothing extremely dangerous there, no screen... he should've sent that puck over the net or something.

He sent the puck directly to Harman's stick...

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Who cares about the shots if we're not capitalizing. We could shoot a hundred times and I'd still go for the predators 35 shots if it means they scored more goals.

And I hope so too. 12 straight starts for Rinne where he allowed 2 or fewer against us. They have our number.

Who cares about the shots? The poster was very clearly demonstrating that the shots indicated the habs matched the preds in this game.

It was a tough loss but the habs showed they could play against a team that has been buying and trying to win for years.

Suddenly of course the sky is falling

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just rewatched it on the highlights. Luckily GC used the same feed with the angle I was talking about. I’m not good at grabbing pictures and posting them on this site but Gallagher, Danault, and Arvidsson were in front of him as the puck was being released. Obviously I can’t say what Price saw and only speculate, but I don’t think he saw the shot coming until the puck was at his pads just going off the movement of his head. Didn’t help it was a hard slap shot along the ice that seemed to have eyes.
Correct. I have watched the goal highlight 4 times and in my estimation he only saw the puck from about the top of the circle in thus affecting his ability to react. We on the other hand did not get any traffic in front of Rinne but Price had to deal with it all night long.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
WTF is the point in paying your goalie 10,5M per year if anytime someone makes a mistake the puck is in the net?! Gimme a break...

That blocker save was a routine save, nothing extremely dangerous there, no screen... he should've sent that puck over the net or something.

Well, in fairness, there’s ~ $60M spent on the rest of the team. What are they accountable for?

Anyhow, I think Carey could had been better for sure.

Reactions: Runner77

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Drouin's pass was egregious and caused an odd-man rush. Same as Benn's.

Price making 10.5 million a year doesn't change the way hockey has always been played. Terrible turnovers leading to odd man rushes are death pretty much every time, whether you're Red Light Racicot or Patrick Roy in the playoffs. Trying to make a cross ice pass at the blueline is a Pee-Wee level bush league mistake, and Jordie Benn thought he was Drew Doughty for two seconds.

Nashville wouldn't be considered a contender if they didn't score on those. Notice how we got a couple and didn't? We're not there yet.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

What would cause a GM to do that is the bigger ?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Sometimes it's like only goaltending have an effect on momentum....but that's Montreal....the goalie made one mistake and it's all his fault for either the lost or momentum killer. Some players will miss wide open net 5 times a night or make 5 turnovers but they are allowed mistakes, even 4-5 times a night....still the one mistake the goalie made is the one we looked at.

But missing a wide open net is a momentum killer
Doing nothing on the PP is a momentum killer
That turnover from Benn was a momentum killer
Looking at Drouin doing nothing is a momentum killer
Taking a bad penalty is a momentum killer.

And it's equally affecting the game and the momentum as the mistake of a goaltenders.

But a bad goal from a goalie shouldn't be consider a bigger mistake or momentum killer than a turnover or missing wide open net or a dreadful powerplay.

You say: "One save can make the difference and Rinne made it"
It's equally true to say that: "One goal could have made the difference and X player blew it and Boyle scored it''

Now why not pin this on Price?
Cause the team wasn't flying in the 1st period and wasn't "all over them" but Price kept them at 0 despite getting 16-17 shots.....Do you think that had an effect on the momentum going in the 2nd period?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Price since December is pretty much the best goalie in the league......give me a break with "every mistake the puck is in the net". That's total bullshit and your bias can be smell through my laptop.

Why do we pay Weber 7.8M if he get pass like a cone every 2 games?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad