Post-Game Talk: PGT no one wants to make apparently...Preds 3 Habs 1

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm still chuckling at the downhill joke from Runner77. :laugh:

I thought the one about an overweight Subban as a genie named Alardin had some potential but just fell flat on its face. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Subban looks like he’s carrying a piano on his back and looks like he’s transplanted Therriens lungs into his body.

Not a knock on the guy, the offensive instinct is still there, just looks slow to me

The root cause was revealed. Subban gained a lot of weight while he was injured and did not shed it off when he returned. Hence his slower pace.

Reactions: jaffy27

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Point pace way above PK's 0.5 PPG too.

I'd be worried about PK if he were still on the Habs, 2 years now of back and neck injuries. Not an area you can heal easily.
Yes. The longevity part of the deal that is in the Preds favor. (4 years younger) Is certainly not guaranteed. Back and neck injuries considered.

PK played well last night though. So did Shea.

Said it then and still believe it. Trade was a wash.....and has been to date.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yes. The longevity part of the deal that is in the Preds favor. (4 years younger) Is certainly not guaranteed. Back and neck injuries considered.

PK played well last night though. So did Shea.

Siad it then and still believe it. Trade was a wash.....and has been to date.

I wouldn’t call it a wash. PK did play a huge part in them going to a SCF and was a Norris finalist just last year. It’s hard to ignore Weber missed an entire calendar year that really hurt our team, although he’s been really good when healthy. They’ve gotten the most impact from the trade so far AINEC in my opinion but I think Weber has a chance to close that gap in the following years, especially if his surgeries worked which is ironic because he is older. Only time will tell but watching Shea this year is making me forget about that trade more and more. He really is a game changer and our results since he returned show that.

Reactions: the

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Why not. It works for OC.

Being OC also means not questioning what he does, so much.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Runner77

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
we was all told this year before the season started.. it was about a soft reset..we was all warned...so atleast for me i can't be disappointed losing close games to the top Cup contending teams...especially this late in the season

And Bergevin restated this week. he doesnt view us as Cup contenders this year..so no big moves....

In the next 2 seasons , will be there....the foundation is in place bigtime...I like what i see
If players are available though, why not?

I'm not talking about rentals... Get some help on the LD. Get a scorer. See what happens.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
You should definitely stop trying to argue while not even watching the games...
And you should start posting things that actually make sense.

This is what you wrote:
But when you're completely dominating the opponent and outshooting him 12 to 1 and they score on their second shot it's a momentum killer!
We were the ones who were outshot 12-1 so what the hell are you talking about???

Reactions: Pickles and PaulD

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So this terrible team assembled by the worst GM ever didn't compete with that amazing Preds powerhouse?

You should definitely stop trying to argue while not even watching the games...

Take credit for Carey when he’s on, dump on him when he’s down. I remember that thread in the summer where people said they enjoyed reading your posts. I don’t. You’re all about protecting Bergevin. How someone fangirling a GM, I don’t know. I’d be ashamed.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Take credit for Carey when he’s on, dump on him when he’s down. I remember that thread in the summer where people said they enjoyed reading your posts. I don’t. You’re all about protecting Bergevin. How someone fangirling a GM, I don’t know. I’d be ashamed.
He just trolls fans.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Could be
Viral marketing. Burner account from rival team fanbase.
There are contrarians and then there is The Belial.

Jul 6, 2016
I am expecting more from Drouin and Domi, and I hope Price won't keep giving one easy goal per game as he had in the last two.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I am expecting more from Drouin and Domi, and I hope Price won't keep giving one easy goal per game as he had in the last two.
I don't see any softies in that Nashville game. And the Nylander goal isn't really a "softie" either. Softies are actual bad goals and I don't see it in either case. There's a difference between softie and stoppable.

In the case of Nylander one from the other night for example, it's a stoppable puck that you'd expect Price to make but it's also typical goals that get scored all the time in the NHL. If you generate enough shots (especially ones as good as the Nylander one) then some will go in. If your goalie is saving 35 of 38 every night, he's probably going to be a Vezina finalist. Price was actually pretty awesome in last night's game. Check it out, it's got pretty much every shot by both teams in this link. There are tons of huge stops.

Which goal is supposed to be the softie here?

Also, as I mentioned above... getting traffic in front of the net does wonders for your goal production. We need to do more of this.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If players are available though, why not?

I'm not talking about rentals... Get some help on the LD. Get a scorer. See what happens.

Hard to get the type of player you want without giving up some of the farm though.

The habs can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned, as long the future is still kept as the paramount priority.

I hope they don't let the results of this season distract them from the big picture.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hard to get the type of player you want without giving up some of the farm though.

The habs can do whatever they want as far as I'm concerned, as long the future is still kept as the paramount priority.

I hope they don't let the results of this season distract them from the big picture.
We've got cap space... we can use that to our advantage too.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We've got cap space... we can use that to our advantage too.

Yep, and they used it well with Armia and a pick, I believe?

That was a future oriented move, but if they can use it for some help today, I suppose that's good too, since they aren't losing future assets.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
The Preds are scoring 3.07 goals per game this year and we're scoring 3.00 goals per game!

What a ****ing powerhouse those Preds are!

It was a pretty damn even game that could've easily go one way or the other, we even managed to generate more scoring chances and more high danger scoring chances than them.

The difference was in the net. Rinne outplayed Price.

You're moving goalposts now.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I wouldn’t call it a wash. PK did play a huge part in them going to a SCF and was a Norris finalist just last year. It’s hard to ignore Weber missed an entire calendar year that really hurt our team, although he’s been really good when healthy. They’ve gotten the most impact from the trade so far AINEC in my opinion but I think Weber has a chance to close that gap in the following years, especially if his surgeries worked which is ironic because he is older. Only time will tell but watching Shea this year is making me forget about that trade more and more. He really is a game changer and our results since he returned show that.

True. But what I have seen since the trade . Its a photo finish.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The root cause was revealed. Subban gained a lot of weight while he was injured and did not shed it off when he returned. Hence his slower pace.
Even so.

I like the PK Subban from 010 - 014 over the one from 015-019. His first 5 seasons he was faster , agility looked better, and he hit way more. Some thunderous open ice checks.

Watching him live in Hamilton I said 'this guy is going to win multiple Norris trophies and might score 30 goals one year". My Bruins fan buddy disagreed and reminds me of it every now and then.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Happy that we're unexpectedly good this year. But it sucks that we still won't pick a direction. Wish we'd add some players and go for it or offload some vets and rebuild more.

Neither will happen and we'll continue to be somewhere in the middle. Not good enough to win, not weak enough for top picks.
All part of the bar being permanently lowered.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
we was all told this year before the season started.. it was about a soft reset..we was all warned...so atleast for me i can't be disappointed losing close games to the top Cup contending teams...especially this late in the season

And Bergevin restated this week. he doesnt view us as Cup contenders this year..so no big moves....

In the next 2 seasons , will be there....the foundation is in place bigtime...I like what i see
"a soft reset" :laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
those two are unpredictable at best.

The hockey is tougher to play down the stretch. Legit concern on these two holding up.

Can only recall one season in decades where the Habs did not stagger and lose down the stretch. That season was 014.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I see 7-1-2 for NSH and 3-3-4 for MTL.

56-8-16 over 80 games for NSH and 24-24-32 for MTL. :laugh:

But yeah, we were right there with'em :sarcasm:

Winning 1 goal games is the Preds bread and butter. They dont play to blow teams out like TB. You saw last night how they started To play after getting the 3-1 lead?
Yes you could make a list like that of all 30 teams playing Nash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad