Post-Game Talk: PGT no one wants to make apparently...Preds 3 Habs 1

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
You mean besides statistically? Or does he 'personality' make you giggle? Better how? More agile? Sure. Defensively? No. Better shot? No. Physically? No.

Same point totals this year, Shea has played a lot less, on what should be considered a far inferior team build. Yet PK is sucking farts out of dead chickens on a talent laden Preds team. Both bring different intangibles, PK will certainly be better as the years move on...

Now this post is factual and actually made me chuckle. Good job

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
5 minute major for not understanding... Max,.,.,., ;)

Mathematics says ..if you play 10 games and 7 of them was decided by just 1 goal ...you played the other team very close...the end
Total goals scored? 22-14.

But yeah, we are so close. We scored 14 goals in 10 games, let that sink in.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They played a decent game on the road IMO.

A ton of shots, a lot of scoring chances...

We were right there with them let's be honest...

Again, there're mistakes/turnovers that are just irreparable and I would never bring them up but that Drouin turnover was repairable.

Carey was as disgusted by that blocker save as much as I am! He knew he made a mistake.

He had no choice honestly.

The difference is that while missing empty nets you don't really get deflated, you keep pushing because you think next time you'll get it!

But when you're completely dominating the opponent and outshooting him 12 to 1 and they score on their second shot it's a momentum killer!
? Looking at the highlights shots were

10-1 for Nashville to start the game...

Reactions: Pickles

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Max...did you miss the fact in our last 10 games vs Nashville , 7 games was decided by 1 Goal......hey????

I would say yeah, we are "right there with'em"
Happy that we're unexpectedly good this year. But it sucks that we still won't pick a direction. Wish we'd add some players and go for it or offload some vets and rebuild more.

Neither will happen and we'll continue to be somewhere in the middle. Not good enough to win, not weak enough for top picks.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Total goals scored? 22-14.

But yeah, we are so close. We scored 14 goals in 10 games, let that sink in.

Last 10 games
Montreal vs Nashville
7 games was decided by 1 goal

10 games played .. 6 games went to overtime or shootout...

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Happy that we're unexpectedly good this year. But it sucks that we still won't pick a direction. Wish we'd add some players and go for it or offload some vets and rebuild more.

Neither will happen and we'll continue to be somewhere in the middle. Not good enough to win, not weak enough for top picks.

we was all told this year before the season started.. it was about a soft reset..we was all warned...so atleast for me i can't be disappointed losing close games to the top Cup contending teams...especially this late in the season

And Bergevin restated this week. he doesnt view us as Cup contenders this year..so no big moves....

In the next 2 seasons , will be there....the foundation is in place bigtime...I like what i see

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Last 10 games
Montreal vs Nashville

7 games was decided by 1 goal
10 games played .. 6 games went to overtime or shootout...
Yup, and in his last 10 games Rinne is 9-0-1 against Tampa Bay. Would you bet on NSH beating TB in a 7 game series? Is TB "not even close" To NSH?

Obviously not... You are putting Too much stock on the "7/10 1 goal games"

That's it.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yup, and in his last 10 games Rinne is 9-0-1 against Tampa Bay. Would you bet on NSH beating TB in a 7 game series? Is TB "not even close" To NSH?

Obviously not... You are putting Too much stock on the "7/10 1 goal games"

That's it.

Max, it's so not even funny how Pekka Rinne FALLS APART in playoffs....so NO ...He could be 20-1 vs Tampa in reg season...i'd bet against him in playoffs vs Tampa

IF Nashville had a playoff goalie who didn't fall to pieces in playoffs at the worst times? YES they would roll over Tampa ..simple as that..

Reactions: Acadien86

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Players don't care if they were dominating and get scored on just like last night when those open nets happened after the so-called deflating goals that killed everything, they were still going for it and pretty much their best scoring chances.

But hey better blame Price for a softie after saving the day in the 1st period cause obviously, Marc Bergevin in 7 years build a team that should easily compete with a team like Nashville, right?

How many goals for the Habs against Nashville this season...

So this terrible team assembled by the worst GM ever didn't compete with that amazing Preds powerhouse?

? Looking at the highlights shots were

10-1 for Nashville to start the game...

You should definitely stop trying to argue while not even watching the games...

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
A goalie makes tons of saves when their vision is impaired. With a safe and great technical position. He didn't on that goal. Then, again, I have no idea why people analyse Price by the BAD goals he gives. When we praise him, we praise him for the miracles he does. But when we bash him, we should only look at the pee-wee goals he gives?

And some will say that the first one, while a great eye-hand goal, he gave that easy rebound right in front of him instead of to the side. This is pro goalies we are talking about. They can do whatever they want with a shot. He usually does it. And that shot, wasn't a Weber slapper. He could have done a better one. That 3rd? It's Carey Price. A guy that shouldn't be judged the same way we judge Jake Allen.
I just don't feel it's right in general (obviously there are exceptions) to judge a goalie on screenshots or odd-man rushes. To me, a soft goal is usually given up when the goalie is square to the shooter with no screen and has time to get set. I mentioned above the Nylander goal vs. TOR comes to mind when thinking about that, or that OT losing goal against Buffalo when buddy took a slapper from the boards and beat him clean.

To be like "he should have had that, he should have done this" on high % plays in favour of the players coming down on him isn't fair to me. I don't buy the "he's making 10.5 million a year" excuse. He's making that money for consistently great goaltending, which, since Weber has come back, he's provided and the numbers back it up. Saying he should have most/all of the 2 on 1s or screens or breakaways to me isn't fair at all. How about the team should be the ones not giving up these plays? How about that save on Arvidsson on the breakaway to keep us in the game?

We lost that game because our PP sucked ass and guys aren't bearing down on quality chances. Making mistakes against Nashville, or Tampa, or Toronto... This is going to kill you. That's why they are where they are, because they make you pay for those. Drouin and Benn were absolute DUMMIES on both of those goals, yet we're here criticizing Price because he couldn't bail them out. Nah, not a fan.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

10picks this year, 11 the year before, 8m$ in cap......we doing just fine.

I’ve yet to see rebuilding teams sell off everything.....but if there is, let me know

Reactions: Runner77

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I have not watched the 3rd period.
My comments are about Subban.

It's the first time I see Subban, playing like the guy who was a Hab.
Skating up the ice with the puck, shooting the puck.
I found him really tentative in all the previous games against his former club, but it was nice to see "Vintage" Subban out there against the Habs..
Anyway, just an observation I made. I don't miss him here. lol

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I have not watched the 3rd period.
My comments are about Subban.

It's the first time I see Subban, playing like the guy who was a Hab.
Skating up the ice with the puck, shooting the puck.
I found him really tentative in all the previous games against his former club, but it was nice to see "Vintage" Subban out there against the Habs..
Anyway, just an observation I made. I don't miss him here. lol
Subban looks like he’s carrying a piano on his back and looks like he’s transplanted Therriens lungs into his body.

Not a knock on the guy, the offensive instinct is still there, just looks slow to me

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Subban looks like he’s carrying a piano on his back and looks like he’s transplanted Therriens lungs into his body.

Not a knock on the guy, the offensive instinct is still there, just looks slow to me

Pretty sure he'll get back to form, get tired of the critics and then find his inner-Michael Jordan and go into beast mode to prove everyone wrong.

Luckily for us, Drouin also seems to have found his inner-Jordan. Here's hoping it lasts.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I just don't feel it's right in general (obviously there are exceptions) to judge a goalie on screenshots or odd-man rushes. To me, a soft goal is usually given up when the goalie is square to the shooter with no screen and has time to get set. I mentioned above the Nylander goal vs. TOR comes to mind when thinking about that, or that OT losing goal against Buffalo when buddy took a slapper from the boards and beat him clean.

To be like "he should have had that, he should have done this" on high % plays in favour of the players coming down on him isn't fair to me. I don't buy the "he's making 10.5 million a year" excuse. He's making that money for consistently great goaltending, which, since Weber has come back, he's provided and the numbers back it up. Saying he should have most/all of the 2 on 1s or screens or breakaways to me isn't fair at all. How about the team should be the ones not giving up these plays? How about that save on Arvidsson on the breakaway to keep us in the game?

We lost that game because our PP sucked ass and guys aren't bearing down on quality chances. Making mistakes against Nashville, or Tampa, or Toronto... This is going to kill you. That's why they are where they are, because they make you pay for those. Drouin and Benn were absolute DUMMIES on both of those goals, yet we're here criticizing Price because he couldn't bail them out. Nah, not a fan.

Yet, having said all of that, when we win and he does stops all that...we praise him. And when he doesn't, we bash the rest of the team. So he's only blame when he gives insane softies? And again, if true, this does not belong in the way you should judge a top goalie vs any of the other goalies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yet, having said all of that, when we win and he does stops all that...we praise him. And when he doesn't, we bash the rest of the team. So he's only blame when he gives insane softies? And again, if true, this does not belong in the way you should judge a top goalie vs any of the other goalies.
Price deserves criticism when he's not playing well. There have been a couple of playoff series where he didn't step up, a couple of bad goals against over the years, some bad stretches of games. And obviously at the start of this year, when the team was scoring 4-5 goals a game and we were still either losing or barely winning.

This isn't a case of blindly blaming the team. This was two specific turnovers that were unnecessary and ultimately harmful that ended up in our net. It's not like it was a fluke on both of those goals that the Preds got the odd man rushes. It was a result of poor decision making by our players. Sometimes Carey bails them out, and sometimes he doesn't. Last night he didn't. And that's not on him, IMO.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
it wasn't that bad of a game, a few things here and there defensively and a lack of finish cost us the win. it happens.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

I'm still chuckling at the downhill joke from Runner77. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad