Post-Game Talk: PGT no one wants to make apparently...Preds 3 Habs 1

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Oh damn. I am actually in 100% agreement with you !!! It will snow soon lol
The only reason that you or anyone else would disagree with anything I say on this board is because you have a hard time agreeing with common sense. I don't make outlandish statements and I don't write 5 paragraphs at a time either but I just write about what I see happening in front of me.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You are blaming goaltending as the reason we lost but I can counter that argument and say that it could have been 3-0 for Nashville at the end of the first period if not for Price and his excellent work in net. We also need to convert on some of our chances more often because we get plenty of them and you could say that it's because we always face vezina style goaltending but in reality that's not the case.

Yup, the shots was like 18-4 Nashville at one point,or something like that,,.lol

Was showed we can hang with Nashville,...Toronto....thats good for where this team is right now..(50 to 1 to win cup)

Now Tampa...oh boy....18 goals in 3 games vs Habs...

You betting proline on this one OC71?:)

Reactions: OldCraig71

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
The Preds are scoring 3.07 goals per game this year and we're scoring 3.00 goals per game!

What a ****ing powerhouse those Preds are!

It was a pretty damn even game that could've easily go one way or the other, we even managed to generate more scoring chances and more high danger scoring chances than them.

The difference was in the net. Rinne outplayed Price.

No not really, the difference is we couldn't capitalize on near open nets and the sloppy turnovers.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We need help in many places especially on D but like you said, there aren't many stretch passes going on under Julien. I just feel like our lack of size hurts us against a western style of game and it has been this way for 15 years, hopefully Kotkaniemi can be a number one center in a few years, hard to say if he will be.

Even though Julien's system doesn't have a lot of stretch passes, having puckmovers typical gives you more options because opponents are more wary of the carrier than they are of the pass receivers. Presently only mostly forwards on our team have a true capability of switching between carrier and passer. The ones who do it on the backend are too limited or too young and need more experience.

Reactions: Runner77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You are blaming goaltending as the reason we lost but I can counter that argument and say that it could have been 3-0 for Nashville at the end of the first period if not for Price and his excellent work in net. We also need to convert on some of our chances more often because we get plenty of them and you could say that it's because we always face vezina style goaltending but in reality that's not the case.

I don't think Price was bad, but Rinne was better at the end of the day.

In the second period, the shots were 12 to 1 for us at one moment or something like this so Rinne did the same thing for them in the second as Carey did for us in the first.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

In the second period, the shots were 12 to 1 for us at one moment or something like this so Rinne did the same thing for them in the second as Carey did for us in the first.

Rinne falls apart in playoffs...we seen it...likley why Preds won't win

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yup, the shots was like 18-4 Nashville at one point,or something like that,,.lol

Was showed we can hang with Nashville,...Toronto....thats good for where this team is right now..

Now Tampa...oh boy....18 goals in 3 games vs Habs...

You betting proline on this one OC71?:)
I have not been having much luck with Pro Line and tbh I only really started playing recently. The NHL is so hard to predict, a bottom feeder could beat a top 5 team convincingly, it's just weird. It's a tough league with surprises every night. I picked a jets win last night and it killed my chance of winning $100, not a fortune but I don't bet high amounts either, usually 3-5 bucks. Last Saturday Night I missed out on $6500 because I picked the Leafs to beat the habs in regulation and the Jets to beat Ottawa. I was betting on 6 games and was correct on the other 4 and god dammit so close but yet so far.

Reactions: Habaneros

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

My point was that it could have easily been over after the first, we were outshot at a 3-1 margin and man, some of the saves he made were outstanding but the goalie has nowhere to hide. I would like to see what Prices numbers would be like if he had the benefit of playing behind a D like Rinne has. We lack some talent on this team up front and on D, you already know this.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
God you're miserable. Habs play a counter attacking style, bad ice hinders that style of play. Besides, pointing out the ice was bad isn't making an excuse. I shouldn't even reply since you're just posting for attention.
The Preds are a puck moving team..pretty sure bad ice hurts them too, yet they were able to make some really nice plays. Probably they know where all the potholes are.

Posting for attention? Because I mentioned how both teams play on the same surface and both will be affected from sloppy ice? I've been saying how Habs fans have become so sensitive, but this is a new low. Bravo!

Reactions: PKCowboysOwn

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Rinne falls apart in playoffs...we seen it...likley why Preds won't win
He was pretty solid the year they got to the finals but crapped the bed in the finals if I recall it well...

But this is irrelevant to the discussion. :laugh:

Last night he was good.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Even though Julien's system doesn't have a lot of stretch passes, having puckmovers typical gives you more options because opponents are more wary of the carrier than they are of the pass receivers. Presently only mostly forwards on our team have a true capability of switching between carrier and passer. The ones who do it on the backend are too limited or too young and need more experience.
So we need to pick up an experienced puck mover on D, one on an expiring contract on July 1st. Who is rumored to be available that fits the bill?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He's been hurt this year. Tough to keep up with conditioning with injury problems.
I talked about this before, you can look at the post from this summer in the Fitness thread, I questioned PK's off season training often there. His IG stories detailing his training were pretty telling. I thought he was wasting time his time on a bunch of things.
I'm not surprised he's having a year like this.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

They have better forwards who can put the puck in the net, more often than our guys. Price should have stopped Boyle's goal, although he was dead centre slot for his goal. The other two were on the players and lost coverage.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
My point was that it could have easily been over after the first, we were outshot at a 3-1 margin and man, some of the saves he made were outstanding but the goalie has nowhere to hide. I would like to see what Prices numbers would be like if he had the benefit of playing behind a D like Rinne has. We lack some talent on this team up front and on D, you already know this.

Sure, we sucked in the first period but isn't that the whole point in having a game breaker in the net?

The whole he saved our ass omg, he's so good is getting old tbh.

He's a star in this league and he's supposed to do it night after night.

We shouldn't feel bad because he's making the difference! He's paid to make the difference!

And when the goalie on the other side outplays him I have a bad taste in my mouth!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Rinne stopped multiples shots that shouldn't have been stopped. Price wasn't too weak. Just that is a huge difference. People don't understand that you don't need your goalie to be awfully weak to say that he should have been better. Top goalies save shots they shouldn't. Why they are top goalie. EXACTLY what Price has done for quite a while this year....he didn't do enough yesterday paired with Rinne doing a WHOLE lot.

But it's just one game. It explains the game. It doesn't say shit about what happened and what will happen.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He was pretty solid the year they got to the finals but crapped the bed in the finals if I recall it well...

But this is irrelevant to the discussion. :laugh:

Last night he was good.

lol..last yr playoffs 904 sv%....pulled how many times?
13 games in playoff allowed 4 goals or more -5 times.

He falls apart...many Nashville fans wanted him out..lol(not resigned)...just wait this yr..lol

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
The only reason that you or anyone else would disagree with anything I say on this board is because you have a hard time agreeing with common sense. I don't make outlandish statements and I don't write 5 paragraphs at a time either but I just write about what I see happening in front of me.

Lmfao there he goes. It was supposed to be the beginning of a bright new relationship. But no. Head swells in 5-4-3-2-1

Reactions: Habs

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They have better forwards who can put the puck in the net, more often than our guys. Price should have stopped Boyle's goal, although he was dead centre slot for his goal. The other two were on the players and lost coverage.
Is this even true though?

The Preds are not some offensive juggernaut!

Their 4 best goalscorers scored 76 goals this year.

It's 74 goals for our apparently impotent squad!

Try again...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Drouin made a dumb play and it cost a goal

Aside from that, Price was solid but wasnt ready for Boyle’s goal. 4th line was okay but I would prefer someone else then Deslauriers. Carr would have been good

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Umm, I don't really have much bad to say. Burying scoring opportunities is a concern, but that's nothing new. Mete is cursed lol.

On to Tampa.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
First line did sweet FA. Domi looked uninterested, not a good omen for Saturday. Oh well, let's move on, can't give up now. Beat the Bolts and all is forgiven, get swept in Florida and kiss the PO goodbye.

Drouin and Domi were both quiet, but Domi did pick things up towards the end, and probably ends up with an assist if Mete doesn't miss an open net.

Hopefully it's nothing more than the effect of a longer layoff than usual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad