MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Pax - Chuck - Gally

Who's Eller playing with?

Bourque and ??

Most likely with Leblanc which is not a bad idea since Leblanc is strong on the board (so is less likely to lose puck possession than guys like DD or Briere) and has good vision. Seems to be a prototypical winger for Eller's type of game.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC

febd76af6a0be4f07634e50e5f35eb4261779f1f9efacb47a6db02257d239bd9.jpg

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
"DD is destroying Galchenyuk's development as a center" had a pretty strong backing.

With Gallagher and Pacioretty, he should be given the exact same opportunity.

If DD could be average in the role, why can't galchenyuk be that and more?

The only problem is Eller suffers on the 3rd line but as I said for the last while...It was never Eller vs DD. It was always DD vs Galchenyuk. Eller was never ever expected to take top 6 C position. With 3 points in last 12 games(1 as Vancouver into own net and the other as a deflection off galchenyuk's skate) there was little reason to keep the EGG line intact and if DD didn't suck, maybe galchenyuk would still be on the wing. At this point though, they are fast tracking but I really don't see the harm.

I actually think the PGG line can be very dangerous as soon as next game.

Of course, I'm assuming this line will be given some soft minutes at ES.

Galchenyuk is not a guarantee to get soft minutes which is a bit of a concern. Ideally you'd want Galchenyuk in DD's exploitation spot at C and Eller/Plek as top 6 going head to head vs opposition top lines. He already played tougher offensive competition on average than Desharnais has in his NHL career but it was at LW.

With DD out of the top 9 there is potential to give him easier D minutes since the other 2 lines don't need it as a base requirement to survive. Well that would be assuming he does get bumped off top 9...hard to believe it will happen without seeing it after he got the benefit of doubt despite going 45/46 games with 14 points with exploitation minutes/PP time/top linemates/etc post extension.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
Well the way i see this is that we managed to upgrade our 3rd line significantly by putting Eller there. IMO Bourque, Eller, Leblanc is just as good if not better then Plekanek, Gionta, Bournival. The nice thing is that we managed to do this without killing the chimistry between Gallchenyuk and Gallagher.

Stop worrying about top minutes for Gallchenyuk, he will have top minutes if he deserves them. You will likely see Pacioretty getting some shifts with Eller as well as with Plekanek. The move to Center changes nothing in his development IMO. It just provides us with more ammunition in front. In addition DD on the 4th line is good IMO. It adds faceoff habilities that White does not have and could add some punch to the fourth line once Moen and Prust are back.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
So who's piloting the first line if Eller is doing the turd line?

Bournival - Plek - Gionta
Patches - Chucky - Gally
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Prust - DD - Briere

Are we rolling 4 scoring lines?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I really hope Therrien gives this line a chance for a couple games.This is our future first line in my opinion. I'd really like to see what Chucky can do centering for those guys and if they can get any chemistry going.

Thanks

Why would you want to use the large skilled center, #3 over all, as a center after waiting 20 years for him? This makes no sense. Will someone please close this thread!

What is next? Playing Leblanc or Eller as a center? :sarcasm:

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Does the PGG line make Eller 3rd line C?

People are too hyperfixated on who is 2nd and who is 3rd line center. Who cares? Let's roll three good scoring lines and be happy with it. Colorado has Mackinnon as third line center, so? Plek is a good vet who is defensively responsible. Let him handle the defensive load and the Eller and Gal develop as centerman. Doesn't really matter if they are 1st or 3rd line. We're a young rebuilding team, these questions don't have much weight.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
So who's piloting the first line if Eller is doing the turd line?

Patches - Chucky - Gally
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Prust - DD - Briere

Are we rolling 4 scoring lines?

Prust to third line. Briere, DD, Leblanc to press box or the 4th line. Why are people so hurt by DD and Briere being in the press box? Is it their salaries? You're not paying them, so why are you so bothered?

MaxPac-Chucky-Gally
Bourque - Eller - Prust

That's pretty nice if you ask me. Let Briere and DD get in there when / if they become hot.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
Very very interesting discussions about the Desharnais situation and the promotion of Gally to center on TSN radio. Idk if any1 listened.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I don't agree with everything that has been said on Desharnais but we can't ''slow down'' galchenyuk if they think he is ready to take full center duties. DD gets bumped and that's it.

It seems like those discussions are becoming more and more frequent... and its a good sign ... our younger players are doing great and are earning spots. I guess we are not used to enjoy depth at all.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I think people are reading what Therrien said completely wrongly.

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, and Gallagher played no even-strength time together, but did have powerplay time. I think that was more the experiment Therrien was talking about. I'm sure he'd like to see Galchenyuk playing centre more and more, but I really doubt they're going to do it over a full game or with any even-strength competition just yet.

So I think it's a fantastic idea, given those parameters.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I think people are reading what Therrien said completely wrongly.

Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, and Gallagher played no even-strength time together. I think that was more the experiment Therrien was talking about. I'm sure he'd like to see Galchenyuk playing centre more and more, but I really doubt they're going to do it over a full game or with any even-strength competition just yet.

So I think it's a fantastic idea, given those parameters.

They played all of the 3rd period together, at both even-strength and on the power play.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Pacioretty - DD - Galchenyuk
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - Briere - Leblanc

It's a bit out there. Each line has size and skill

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Eller is better when he was to be the go-to guy on his line.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Prust
Moen - Briere - White

Parros
Holland
Dumont
St-Pierre
Leblanc
Blunden
Andrighetto
Thomas
Fournier
Aliu
Raphael
DD

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Desharnais
Holland-White-Leblanc <-- I don't know what to do about the 4th line. Don't want to see Leblanc sit.

DD on waivers... or to Hamilton.

It time for MB to show he's serious about winning.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Galchenyuk is not a guarantee to get soft minutes which is a bit of a concern. Ideally you'd want Galchenyuk in DD's exploitation spot at C and Eller/Plek as top 6 going head to head vs opposition top lines. He already played tougher offensive competition on average than Desharnais has in his NHL career but it was at LW.

With DD out of the top 9 there is potential to give him easier D minutes since the other 2 lines don't need it as a base requirement to survive. Well that would be assuming he does get bumped off top 9...hard to believe it will happen without seeing it after he got the benefit of doubt despite going 45/46 games with 14 points with exploitation minutes/PP time/top linemates/etc post extension.

Like I said, I don't see why he can't get those minutes. If all goes well he should at least be tried on them.

People are too hyperfixated on who is 2nd and who is 3rd line center. Who cares? Let's roll three good scoring lines and be happy with it. Colorado has Mackinnon as third line center, so? Plek is a good vet who is defensively responsible. Let him handle the defensive load and the Eller and Gal develop as centerman. Doesn't really matter if they are 1st or 3rd line. We're a young rebuilding team, these questions don't have much weight.

It does matter because it changes the combos.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
While Eller may be more complete at this point, I'm not satisfied with his production lately as a fan and it's probably the same for MT. It's probably why they want to give Galchy his chance. An I think it's time to stop to roll 3 line on PP.

Bourque-Eller-Leblanc

On PP
Pac-Galchy-Gally
Eller-Plekanec-Gionta/Bournival/Bourque

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
While Eller may be more complete at this point, I'm not satisfied with his production lately as a fan and it's probably the same for MT. It's probably why they want to give Galchy his chance. An I think it's time to stop to roll 3 line on PP.

Bourque-Eller-Leblanc

On PP
Pac-Galchy-Gally
Eller-Plekanec-Gionta/Bournival/Bourque

What production? 6 pts in first 3 games. 3 in the next 12 games. As I said earlier, 1 of those points even Murray can score(Vancouver scored in own net, no hab near the play) and then another point off galchenyuk's skate. The EGG line ran cold a long time ago. I'm not satisfied either but I'm optimistic.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Like I said, I don't see why he can't get those minutes. If all goes well he should at least be tried on them.

It does matter because it changes the combos.

We're 8-7-0. That means we're a mediocre team. The "combos" aren't working. Time for new combos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad