Line Combos: PGG Line

KingHab

Apr 8, 2012
I really hope Therrien gives this line a chance for a couple games.This is our future first line in my opinion. I'd really like to see what Chucky can do centering for those guys and if they can get any chemistry going.

Thanks

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I just listened to his presser from last night and he hinted as much. DD's play is forcing MT to bring Galchenyuk over to center quicker than they wanted. Alex is still young enough to play on the World Junior Team! How crazy is that?!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Not a good idea. Start galchenyuk off with 13-15 minutes a game at the center position, he needs to learn the defensive game before being put out there as a #1 C.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not a good idea. Start galchenyuk off with 13-15 minutes a game at the center position, he needs to learn the defensive game before being put out there as a #1 C.

...well, that means that, if the lines remains as they were at the end of the game yesterday, MP won't be used a lot.

Avengers*

I agree. it's freakin time Galchenyuk plays at center. give bourque to eller and whoever else.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bournival-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Desharnais
Holland-White-Leblanc <-- I don't know what to do about the 4th line. Don't want to see Leblanc sit.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Bourque-Eller-Desharnais
Holland-White-Leblanc <-- I don't know what to do about the 4th line. Don't want to see Leblanc sit.

Any line with Desharnais on it is rendered useless, along with the 2 other players on the line. Let him sit in the pressbox, and put Leblanc on that line.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Any line with Desharnais on it is rendered useless, along with the 2 other players on the line. Let him sit in the pressbox, and put Leblanc on that line.

I'd love that, can you see it happening though? I'm thinking no.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Overload, come on... Sorry, just wanted to say Overload again. :laugh: Still though, the PGG would be more of an exploitation line, while the Plekanec line would take the harder matchups. Eller's line would be more of a 2nd line than anything. That's not what I'd like to see though.

When healthy:

Patches - Galchenyuk - Bourque/Briere
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Prust/Bourque - Eller - Gallagher

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002

Depends on your take on this team. If you think they are a legit playoff team, you may go with the status quo.

However, this team could very well be a bubble team or worse, thus the experience for the future would be huge

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well, unless you consider Eller to be a better player than Tomas Plekanec, yes.

Very we'll said, Pleks is most certainly a better player than Eller though I think Eller has more raw talent on offence than Pleks. But I think what you'll see is Eller and Plekanec's get pretty much the same amount of ice time, with slight differences depending on who's line is producing more and the PP and PK

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I just can't wait to see Prust back, he can help Plek, Eller or Galchenyuk on their respective line.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I want to see some semi-permanent duos:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - RW
LW - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - RW

Just need to plug and play with the remaining group.

Leblanc RW
Gionta RW
Bourque LW/RW
Prust LW/RW
Briere RW/C

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I want to see some semi-permanent duos:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - RW
LW - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - RW

Just need to plug and play with the remaining group.

Leblanc RW
Gionta RW
Bourque LW/RW
Prust LW/RW
Briere RW/C

Yep, I could get on board. I'm not saying I think Leblanc is a top line forward but, I think Leblanc's ability along the boards and his defensive prowess would really compliment Pacioretty and Galchenyuk.

1RW Leblanc
2LW Bourque
3RW Gionta

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Bourque-Eller-Desharnais

I hate the lines past the first line.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Galchenyuk is without a doubt more comfortable at center. The more he controls the puck the better he is.

That said, he's still learning the defensive side of his game. As responsible he might be, we've seen him struggle at times in his zone. Putting him right away against top line opposition is asking for him to get exposed, considering the responsibilities a center has.

something like this

Pac-Eller-Gally
Bourque-Chucky-Prust(Leblanc for now)

Last edited:

KoZed

Mar 28, 2009
Q
I think Eller does better when he's with younger guys than vets. So...

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Bournival - Eller- Leblanc
Bourque - Plekanec - Prust/Gionta

malton

Feb 17, 2009

Plekanec will still do most of the heavy lifting.

I think they'll be more of a 2nd line.

KingHab

Apr 8, 2012
Really tired of people saying he is not ready defensively to play center. Offensive development is more important for me right now. We need an offensive center star. Defense will come with time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad