Golf: PGA, DP, and PIF agree to merge with LIV

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Now that PGA has sold out, Tiger should really take the bag and get paid ridiculous amounts to be sideshow a few times a year on LIV tour. I mean it's not like he's gonna play the non major PGA events anyways.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
$690 billion in PIF's primary fund
$205 Billion in the PIF "B" fund
$95 billion in the PIF "support" fund

I mean a good chunk of Wall-Street has been reporting on "MODG" being the target of the PIF fund as they want TopGolf.

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
If they could only include a conglomerate of sports betting companies into the mix then the sell out would be complete.

Pro sports is on the brink of extinction, as perhaps it was always destined to be.

• Haha
Reactions: Elvis P

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
So are they basically going to run all the same tournaments as the PGA does next year under a different name and add a team element? All the top LIV guys come back with tens (or hundreds) of millions more in their pockets like nothing happened. The star PGA guys who stayed got stiffed. I wonder if there's a movement to run Monahan out of his job.

I don't even think Jay Monahan and the people at the top know any of those details yet.

And a lot of people are conlfating the PIF And LIV. This a deal with PIF, backers of LIV. As for now, PGAT and LIV will coexist and continue do their own things.

Who knows what happens down the road, but I think Liv will go away at some point.

Last edited:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
If money ultimately talks, why did they go through this charade for the past year? I guess to see how much talking the Saudis wanted to do.

It does raise an interesting question about human rights and what, if any, should repercussions for those who do not practice them.

Interested to see if geopolictics actually will affect the sport. So far it hasn't in other sports because fans don't care, just like they don't care who does steroids or are borderline criminals.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Saudi's just have so, so much money and so much interest in pro sports that their presence is inevitable at this point.
It’s true. They’re working their way up the sports ladder. Only a matter of time before they come for the big ones.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I do think a merger was inevitable but Monahan is still a complete clown and should be treated like one until he leaves or retires.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If an American billionaire had bought the PGA, people would be fine with it.

There was a lot of criticism of PGA players that went to LIV. 1. If you have children, please tell me what's wrong with doing the best thing for your family. 2. Please tell me about the time when you turned down $100M, because of your beliefs.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr John Carlson

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

There was a lot of criticism of PGA players that went to LIV. 1. If you have children, please tell me what's wrong with doing the best thing for your family. 2. Please tell me about the time when you turned down $100M, because of your beliefs.
Again, who are you arguing with?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Apparently the PGA Tour did this originally but their "beliefs" were bought when the price was right.

What is being called out is the BS stance taken by the PGA Commissioner who has done a complete 180. He should be called a complete hypocrite for doing so.

But since you seem to have a strong opinion on this, when does a lack of Human Rights matter? What is your price tag? $100 Million? $50 Million?

Dec 29, 2004
Let’s change this thread title…As Rory points out, it’s PGA, DP, and PIF.
Well, if we are going to be accurate... the PGA isn't involved either... its the PGA Tour, an organization that was spun off from the PGA of America in the late 60's. Two separate entities.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well, if we are going to be accurate... the PGA isn't involved either... its the PGA Tour, an organization that was spun off from the PGA of America in the late 60's. Two separate entities.
Hit up Rory and make him aware. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad