Golf: PGA, DP, and PIF agree to merge with LIV

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I mean, I guess it's good to have all the best golfers in one place again, but what on earth happened to lead to this? This is will be a fascinating story.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Seems like there will be a name change.

Gonna be so weird to have it not be the 'PGA Tour' anymore....

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Ok I need clarification before I decide whether this is good or not. It reads as if there will still be separate tours with the caveat that now any LIV golfers can reapply for PGA Tour membership. So how exactly does this benefit the PGA? Unless a bunch of big names decide to either go back to the PGA Tour or play both tours then I don't see how this helps the PGA. The PGA Tour is too watered down right now. And events that are not "designated events" are almost unwatchable. And then there is the whole issue of whether they will now be allowed to use Trump courses again for PGA events. Still need more info before we can see how this all ends up playing out.

I wonder how much Koepka winning the PGA made this happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ok I need clarification before I decide whether this is good or not. It reads as if there will still be separate tours with the caveat that now any LIV golfers can reapply for PGA Tour membership. So how exactly does this benefit the PGA? Unless a bunch of big names decide to either go back to the PGA Tour or play both tours then I don't see how this helps the PGA. The PGA Tour is too watered down right now. And events that are not "designated events" are almost unwatchable. And then there is the whole issue of whether they will now be allowed to use Trump courses again for PGA events. Still need more info before we can see how this all ends up playing out.

I wonder how much Koepka winning the PGA made this happen.

From the business sense, Koepka winning the PGA being a driving force in forcing a merger would be pretty stupid, like did they honestly believe a LIV player would never come back and win? It would also be amazingly sudden. This may have been done in darkness, but I’d find it really hard to believe that they did it in 2 weeks. Now, what I would believe is that they would want to use the US Open to parade it around.

Reactions: Dr John Carlson

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
From the business sense, Koepka winning the PGA being a driving force in forcing a merger would be pretty stupid, like did they honestly believe a LIV player would never come back and win? It would also be amazingly sudden. This may have been done in darkness, but I’d find it really hard to believe that they did it in 2 weeks. Now, what I would believe is that they would want to use the US Open to parade it around.

McIlroy shutting his mouth and that meeting at Oak Hill with PGA and Liv guys that became a meme on Twitter tells me it's been brewing for a little bit and the big players on both Tours knew it might be coming

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00