Petterson or Dahlin?

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
tkachuk should be in this conversation

He's certainly making a case, might become a fun race. Worth to note though that the Sens have three other players at a point per game or more while the Canucks have none, so Tkachuk might be getting an extra boost from those guys. Haven't really watched the Sens though so I'm not sure.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Quinns D+1 compared to Dahlins draft year

when your parameters is set to

-18 yrs old
-above 39 points
-dmen

how historic is it really? Fine, if he hits 45 it is a historic season for 18 yr old dmen against the likes of luke schenn, ekblad, doughty, hedman, erik and jack johnson

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
65 points for an 18-year-old d-man isn't "best of his generation" historic, it's "future GOAT" historic. ****ing insane standard.

literally said 65 pts is on the same level as Crosby and Ovechkin

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
What an incredible around the world pass by dahlin before the ot winner.

He’s maybe the best rookie who’s made a difference for his team winning games anyway, should easily lock up rookie of the month for november.

EP will still be ahead because he was rookie of the month in October and missed half of it.

Brady Tkachuk will be with these two at the end IMO

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Not to mention Quinn is half a year older. He'll be 20 like 2 weeks into next season.
Nothin against Quinn either, i am a Canuck fan too, but what he does next year is irrelevant in this conversation. If Dahlin ends up with around 45 points and petterson around 65 it will be closer than people think.

Flipwon

Jun 25, 2018
I think this conversation will be swayed by which team falls off the cliff first.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I like Pettersson but Dahlin is going to be the best D man in the NHL we have seen in a decade. You can already see flashes of this. He's going to impact the game 25mins a game for the next decade or more. Give me the stud D man.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
He's certainly making a case, might become a fun race. Worth to note though that the Sens have three other players at a point per game or more while the Canucks have none, so Tkachuk might be getting an extra boost from those guys. Haven't really watched the Sens though so I'm not sure.

regardless of who he’s playing with, tkachuk gets 100% all the credit to all of his points thus far. kid just knows where to go and does the little things right. a real ruckus in-front of the net. but like you said you haven’t watched sens games

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
tkachuk should be in this conversation

Definitely, I think ppl were handing Petterson the Calder way too early. Tkachuk has been amazing and may very well take it. Also Dahlin is heating up as well and would not surprise me if he makes a push for it too.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It sucks that a tanking franchise as pathetic as Buffalo were lucky enough to get him.

It sucks that a tanking franchise as pathetic as Pittsburgh #1 #2 #1 in '03 '04 '05 to get Fleury, Malkin and Crosby were lucky enough to get them. Am I doing this right?

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I absolutely love watching Petterson play, but I've got to take the 18 year old averaging over 19 minutes/game while putting up 0.5 points/game. Those are fantastic numbers for an 18 year old defenseman in his first 25 games. Not to mention he's played over 21 minutes/game in his last 5.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I absolutely love watching Petterson play, but I've got to take the 18 year old averaging over 19 minutes/game while putting up 0.5 points/game. Those are fantastic numbers for an 18 year old defenseman in his first 25 games. Not to mention he's played over 21 minutes/game in his last 5.
9pts in his last 9 games as well. Really starting to turn it on lately.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
I feel on some level this comes down to how much time EP40 can play with Boeser on the same line. I've felt Pettersson could end up in the 70pt range this season (i.e. nearly PPG, having missed a few games). That's my "realistic" take. But if him and Boeser can build on their chemistry, I could see him netting something like 85 points. That's going to be hard to ignore when considering his overall play given how underwhelming most of that Canucks roster is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad