Prospect Info: Petrus Palmu

DanCloutiersFiveHole

Sep 19, 2014
Vancouver
Decided i'd make only one video for the Canucks this year... Enjoy.

I think you'll notice his shot :naughty:

Wow, big clapper on the little guy! I like that he seems to score just about every way conceivable. Point shot, wrister from the dot, off the rush, cleaning up the crease. Definitely doesn't look like small out there

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
Honestly, this guy looks fantastic. He doesn't look that small, and he doesn't play small. He has presence and takes it in hard. Fantastic shot.

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
OHL_2016-17_6827_goal_heatmap.png

OHL_2016-17_6827_shot_heatmap.png

That is sweet.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
I'm thinking his dream comparison, as lazy as it may be, is Viktor Arvidsson. Passed over a couple of times, then dominates the AHL in his first season and rises quickly. Like Arvidsson, no real flaws outside of size (the former is two inches taller, but the same listed weight).

Karl Childers*

Jun 18, 2017
Wow that's quite the video.Thanks feebster. Kid really knows where to go on the ice to find the soft spots. He has pretty decent wheels and can absolutely hammer the puck. I'd be curious to see if he will continue to man the pp point in the future.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
If he doesn't make it it won't be because of his size.

181 lbs is solid at that height. Johnny Gaudreau manages just fine and he's the same height AND weighs ~25lbs less

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Wow... just watched this video. He has some serious high end skill and upside.... I'm jacked to see how he does.... don't wanna say the next gaudrau.. but you never know... we may have a huge steal here

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He doesn't have nearly the agility or shiftiness in traffic that Gaudreau does. Nor I don't think quite the high-end playmaking ability.

Reminds me a bit of David Desharnais - who I know was a whipping boy at times in Montreal but has played nearly 500 NHL games and had multiple 50-point seasons. Stocky fire hydrant of a player with super quick hands.

Good news if we can get him in Utica this year. Wouldn't be surprised if he can have instant impact down there.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
he got skills
nice pick in the late rounds, could be a steal for the canucks

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
What doesn't he have, besides a few more inches of height? Poor mofo, so talented. I bet he'll make it regardless of his size, though.

He's also am overager.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a great pick. He is exactly the type of player to take a chance on in the late rounds. But let's call it for what it is. He is shorter than almost anyone in the nhl and older than most players in the draft.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
its weird that when talking about a prospect people use the terms "may" and "might" to refer to like, sub 1% chances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad