Peterborough Petes 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
As a western conference team, I’m not exposed to him enough haha. But Lockhart was a consensus top 5ish pick the year Erie took him. He has the tools and talent. Just never put it together and likely was never going to here. A change of scenery is the only hope for him at this stage. I wouldn’t be shocked if he becomes a star but I wouldn’t be surprised if he just stays at the pace of development he’s been on. Who knows. He’s been wildly inconsistent in Erie. Wish him the best though and hoping Alfano at least gives us some different type of skillset. Erie has a redundant amount of small speed guys. Which made Lockhart expendable
Alfano has great potential but it all depends on his skating… he a step or two behind almost everybody at the OHL level. If he can get it to even average… he will score quite a bit.

Reactions: Mata

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Petes probably add two OA forwards; but if just one for now, why not
Avon-Robertson-Stillman
Purdeller—Dubois-OA
VanVolsen-Lockhart-Lardis

If the OA forward added is a centre then…….

Lardis Robertson Lockhart
Avon Hill(SAR)/Panwar(FLT)/Morrison(HAM) Stillman
Melee/Dezoete/Van Volsen Dubois Purdeller

If the OA forward is a LW then…….

Hardie(MISS)/Diaco(HAM) Robertson Lockhart
Lardis Avon Stillman

If the OA forward is a RW then…….

Lardis Robertson Burke(SAR)/Collins(MISS)/Hayes(HAM)
Avon Lockhart Stillman

Purdeller and Van Volsen are ?s at this point because it’s hard to know how well they will adjust to the league and fit into the line-up. Van Volsen may show up ready to play top 9 minutes right off the hop…..or maybe he won’t.

IMO, Purdeller is a great fit on the 3rd line to start the season. It will give him time to adjust to everything with less pressure.

This team shouldn’t have trouble scoring; the big question: can they keep the puck out of their own net?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Lockhart reminds me of hunter garlent right shot forward with similar size struggled before he was traded to the petes then took off I could see the same happening with Lockhart this year

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
If the OA forward added is a centre then…….

Lardis Robertson Lockhart
Avon Hill(SAR)/Panwar(FLT)/Morrison(HAM) Stillman

If the OA forward is a LW then…….

Hardie(MISS)/Diaco(HAM) Robertson Lockhart
Lardis Avon Stillman

If the OA forward is a RW then…….

Lardis Robertson Burke(SAR)/Collins(MISS)/Hayes(HAM)
Avon Lockhart Stillman

Purdeller and Van Volsen are ?s at this point because it’s hard to know how well they will adjust to the league and fit into the line-up. Van Volsen may show up ready to play top 9 minutes right off the hop…..or maybe he won’t.

IMO, Purdeller is a great fit on the 3rd line to start the season. It will give him time to adjust to everything with less pressure.

This team shouldn’t have trouble scoring; the big question: can they keep the puck out of their own net?
I wonder about Quintin Page. Might be a numbers thing but he definitely earned a spot last year. Lewis and Gagner are a question mark but again with new incomers in Van Volzen and Purdeller and Faulkner, the competition at camp will be good.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I wonder about Quintin Page. Might be a numbers thing but he definitely earned a spot last year. Lewis and Gagner are a question mark but again with new incomers in Van Volzen and Purdeller and Faulkner, the competition at camp will be good.
I think there’s a chance Faulkner starts the year signed in Lindsay. He’s a late birthday 05 so he just missed being eligible for the 06 draft by a couple of days… makes his numbers from last season even more impressive.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
He's a capable OHL player, but hes not someone who plays regular mins on agood team, which the Petes will be this year

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
He's a capable OHL player, but hes not someone who plays regular mins on agood team, which the Petes will be this year
If Page shows progression from last season though, he's got the type of game where he could be an effective 4th line player on a good team. Good speed, goes to the dirty areas and plays physical.

Reactions: ptbopete

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I completely disagree. He will be a solid role player for this years Petes team.
That can only be true if they don't add, which will not happen. Like @Bra Wavers said, something liek

OA– Robertson Stillman
Lardis Avon Lockhart
Van Volsen DeZoete Purdeller
Melee-Dubois-Veteran depth F

And that's only adding 1 top 9 guy and 1 veteran 4th line F, which i would say is unlikely they only add 2 Fs. But even only adding that little, he's not in there. He'd still be fighting for 13th F with Reyers, Lewis, Gagner

Last edited:

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
That can only be true if they don't add, which will not happen. Like @Bra Wavers said, something liek

OA– Robertson Stillman
Lardis Avon Lockhart
Van Volsen DeZoete Purdeller
Melee-Dubois-Veteran depth F

And that's only adding 1 top 9 guy and 1 veteran 4th line F, which i would say is unlikely they only add 2 Fs. But even only adding that little, he's not in there. He'd still be fighting for 13th F with Reyers, Lewis, Gagner
Barrie’s lineup will cover this in 6 or 7. Especially after the deadline since they have like 10x tradable assets.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Barrie’s lineup will cover this in 6 or 7. Especially after the deadline since they have like 10x tradable assets.
It's Barrie. Clarke will be suspended by the time that happens and they'll trade their best player for some reason claiming how good theyll be in 3 years

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

i think alot of teams have a guy like him in the system who are good, but very replaceable. windsor its like jackson lewellyn or oliver peer. hes fine but you should have younger guys moving up.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
i think alot of teams have a guy like him in the system who are good, but very replaceable. windsor its like jackson lewellyn or oliver peer. hes fine but you should have younger guys moving up.
Peer and McIlwain are 03s
Page is an 05…..he still has 4 years left in this league after a decent rookie year

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Page is an 05…..he still has 4 years left in this league after a decent rookie year
I have no idea how Page has suddenly been written off after being a 6th round pick that debuted as a sixteen year old and saw a regular shift in the playoffs….

Reactions: ptbopete

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

but he wont make your team this year. and the following year youll be excited about the 06s. its already happening now, you guys are talking about cutting lewis for new guys.

I have no idea how Page has suddenly been written off after being a 6th round pick that debuted as a sixteen year old and saw a regular shift in the playoffs….

he was just a point a game in midget and had 3 pts in 22 games. there are other teams that had point a game jr b players in the 5/6th round that have not signed. theres a good argument he may not have been siged in the first place.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
but he wont make your team this year. and the following year youll be excited about the 06s. its already happening now, you guys are talking about cutting lewis for new guys.

he was just a point a game in midget and had 3 pts in 22 games. there are other teams that had point a game jr b players in the 5/6th round that have not signed. theres a good argument he may not have been siged in the first place.
How many games did you watch him play for the Petes down the stretch? Points don’t tell the whole story. Kid is very strong positionally and plays a pest style that gets under the other teams skin.

He will be just fine.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Weren’t the big bad Colts supposed to be the class of the OHL last year? What makes you think all those highly overrated players are going to suddenly be superstars now? 😂

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
How many games did you watch him play for the Petes down the stretch? Points don’t tell the whole story. Kid is very strong positionally and plays a pest style that gets under the other teams skin.

He will be just fine.

im using past history of players at the midget level, midget players who produce at a point a game isnt that great at the midget level. the kid may work hard but at some point you have to produce, if you dont produce you get cut, like i said, you guys are talking about cutting lewis after a year of non production? this reminds me a ton of cole patey.

how does page make the team when hes 12/13th on the depth chart and you guys are adding 2/3 more forwards? the next year hes 18 and still not proven. how does the u18 kid play ahead of any of them?

im not saying he cant be a bottom of the roster guy, sure, but you guys want to win, so how does he make a roster of a team that wants to win? he ends up as the 15th forward or something and the following year hes the 12?

Last edited:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

He will be just fine.
I watched every single one. We're not shitting on this kid but there are a lot of guys ahgead of him and there will be several more added throughout the year. He's nota horrible player but hes not a consistent minute getter on a good team. Im not sure why that is crazy to say? Lmao

Not one person on here's depth chart had him in the top 9. In a year where you're going to be going for it, the people who start on the 4th line will likely be pushed out by January because of trades for veterans. And it's not even a forgone conclusion he's on teh 4th line to start anyways.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I watched every single one. We're not shitting on this kid but there are a lot of guys ahgead of him and there will be several more added throughout the year. He's nota horrible player but hes not a consistent minute getter on a good team. Im not sure why that is crazy to say? Lmao

I'd say theres a better chance hes a player in 2 years when its the rebuild

but by then there will be 4/5 new players drafted that will be ahead of him. i dont get why there is such a rush to sign the u18 draft pick too, when does he ever make the roster.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
but by then there will be 4/5 new players drafted that will be ahead of him. i dont get why there is such a rush to sign the u18 draft pick too, when does he ever make the roster.
The 4-5 new players will replace about half the turn over from Oct ‘22 to Nov ‘23.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The 4-5 new players will replace about half the turn over from Oct ‘22 to Nov ‘23.

right now they probably return 10 forwards, and thats not including any other 06 signed players. i dont see mccallum playing behind him, hes a good player. so hes at best a 4th line 18 year old at that point with little experence. sure you could have him there, but all of a sudden other 06s and 07s will look better.

no different then leskovar on d, he will be a 7/8, does it make more sense to keep him as a 7/8 or to keep a 16/17 year old for that role (of course it does)? if so, why sign him in the first place?

Last edited:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
right now they probably return 10 forwards, and thats not including any other 06 signed players. i dont see mccallum playing behind him, hes a good player. so hes at best a 4th line 18 year old at that point with little experence. sure you could have him there, but all of a sudden other 06s and 07s will look better.

no different then leskovar on d, he will be a 7/8, does it make more sense to keep him as a 7/8 or to keep a 16/17 year old for that role (of course it does)? if so, why sign him in the first place?
Yeah it's a good problem to have. Some teams Page would be in their top 9. There's no chance he is for the Petes. That's a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad