Peterborough Petes 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
right now they probably return 10 forwards, and thats not including any other 06 signed players. i dont see mccallum playing behind him, hes a good player. so hes at best a 4th line 18 year old at that point with little experence. sure you could have him there, but all of a sudden other 06s and 07s will look better.

no different then leskovar on d, he will be a 7/8, does it make more sense to keep him as a 7/8 or to keep a 16/17 year old for that role (of course it does)? if so, why sign him in the first place?
You can sign up to 30, I guess; and consider 10 that never play returning players next season.
But there are 5 F, 3 D, & goalie born 2003 (so far). Add 3 OA for 12 of the 20 starting line up. Only 3 of those can return next season, so the Petes will only return 10-11 forwards and defensemen combined that will be regulars this season.

Last edited:

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Nice article on newly acquired Lockhart in the Examiner. Great to hear that he wanted the trade to Peterborough after seeing Sproule’s great season with the Petes and discussing the coaching staff with Mason McTavish.

Vancouver Canucks prospect Connor Lockhart hoping to showcase his skills with the Peterborough Petes
But I thought everyone on this website said people request trades out of Peterborough not putting them on their list to go when asking for a trade.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
But I thought everyone on this website said people request trades out of Peterborough not putting them on their list to go when asking for a trade.
Life is about weighing options.

He’ll take Peterborough just for the mere fact he gets to leave Erie.

Soo will be next. As soon as they string together a few bad years no one will be reporting because geography.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Soo will be next. As soon as they string together a few bad years no one will be reporting because geography.
Lockhart (NTC) listed the Petes as one of the teams he wanted to be traded to citing reasons such as; competitiveness, history, coaches, players on the Petes he has played with, and mostly because how much very good friends MacTavish & Sproule enjoyed their time there.
Lockhart could have, probably should have left out the negatives concerning Erie’s coaching.

Last edited:

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Lockhart (NTC) listed the Petes as one of the teams he wanted to be traded to citing reasons such as; competitiveness, history, coaches, players on the Petes he has played with, and mostly because how much very good friends MacTavish & Sproule enjoyed their time there.
Lockhart could have, probably should have left out the negatives concerning Erie’s coaching.
MacTavish ? Ya right. Didn’t he hold out a bit after being drafted threatening to pull an auston matthews and go play Swiss?

Comes back to the O and I’m sure forced his way out to Hamilton

It makes me wonder though. What has been the root cause of no one wanting to play for Peterborough?

The bus rides aren’t even that bad. The name and logo aren’t great I guess but why did high draft picks all not want to play there?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
MacTavish ? Ya right. Didn’t he hold out a bit after being drafted threatening to pull an auston matthews and go play Swiss?

It makes me wonder though. What has been the root cause of no one wanting to play for Peterborough?

The bus rides aren’t even that bad. The name and logo aren’t great I guess but why did high draft picks all not want to play there?
Petes were simply a team that had hit the skids for a bit and took awhile to recover
By all accounts MacTavish not only has nothing bad to say about the Petes, he has told many he enjoyed his time there

Reactions: ptbopete

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

The facility is probably the worst in the league besides Sudbury and Owen sound and the team hasn’t been a contender besides the Covid year

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020

Exactly.

Lockhart maybe didnt have better options and Petes should be competitive.

Also, he is a few hours away from Home. I am sure that weighed into his decision.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

You contribute nothing but negativity. Why don’t you just go hype up your colts in your own thread.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
You contribute nothing but negativity. Why don’t you just go hype up your colts in your own thread.
What do you mean? I said the bus rides aren’t even that bad. That’s + right?

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Yeah but you got to give them credit for calling his bluff and taking him anyways

Reactions: Devin

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018

You don’t even know what you’re talking about. You’re just a clown trolling.

1. McTavish didn’t force his way out of Peterborough. You have zero proof so stop making sh*t up.

2. The claim that people don’t want to play in Peterborough is so old and no longer true. The Dave Reid years have been over for a long time now and this is nothing but BS.

3. Lockhart had NTC and had Peterborough as a top destination. He didn’t want to come here just to leave Erie.

4. A player not reporting because of a logo is the dumbest thing ever said.

The funny thing is the Colts have had more first round picks not report than the Petes have and they’ve also traded away a lot of their first round picks.

Now go back to the my little pony thread and talk about the overrated team.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The only player to my knowledge in the last six years that has refused to report after being drafted by the Petes was Will Cuylle. Mason McTavish from my understanding did not refuse to report to the Petes. He was not sure he was going play in the OHL and was considering playing in Switzerland (Where he has dual citizenship) instead. My understanding was the fact he was drafted by the team his father had played for was a factor in his decision to go the OHL route. The Petes have been very successful signing players since Rob Wilson has become coach. In fact in 2020 Akil Thomas chose to be traded to the Petes instead of going to Ottawa or London.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Congrats to Mason McTavish on his WJC gold medal win.

I know that McTavish has played with many different teams in his short career but, for the record, he learned his defensive skills from Rob Wilson when he played for the Petes.

I guess what I’m saying is that if it wasn’t for Rob Wilson, much of Canada would be disappointed today and the most disappointed group of all would be wearing silver instead of gold.

Too much?….probably, but I am genuinely happy for McTavish.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Congrats to Mason McTavish on his WJC gold medal win.

I know that McTavish has played with many different teams in his short career but, for the record, he learned his defensive skills from Rob Wilson when he played for the Petes.

I guess what I’m saying is that if it wasn’t for Rob Wilson, much of Canada would be disappointed today and the most disappointed group of all would be wearing silver instead of gold.

Too much?….probably, but I am genuinely happy for McTavish.
Nobody had as much of a turnaround from the fan base as McTavish in such a short period of time. Flat out said he didnt want to report here. Now 2 years later Bra Wavers is calling him the best Petes player of all-time lmao:laugh:. Wish we could've seen some of that big game success here. 0 career playoff games hurts. Bad timing

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
here is how i see the roster

LWCRWLDRDG
AvonRobertsonStillmanMayerMcCoySimpson
DeZoeteLockhartLardisGuryevGuoSztuska
MeleeHill (Trade)PurdellerZanettiSmith
PageVan VolsenDuboisLeskovar
McCueGagner

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Nobody had as much of a turnaround from the fan base as McTavish in such a short period of time. Flat out said he didnt want to report here. Now 2 years later Bra Wavers is calling him the best Petes player of all-time lmao:laugh:. Wish we could've seen some of that big game success here. 0 career playoff games hurts. Bad timing
Are you even a Petes fan? I’m not convinced.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Are you even a Petes fan? I’m not convinced.
You just want to talk shit about everything.

You're calling me not a Petes fan for looking back and saying damn I wish we got a great playoff run out of the McTavish era(or even 1 playoff game) when he was here. You sure thats what you want to go with? Say that out loud then realize how stupid that coment is. My last post was litearlly telling the Barrie guy that he needs to credit Oke for claling McT's bluff and taking him anyways

Apparently you're more then happy with 0 playoff games while he was here? To me that sounds a lot more like you're not even a Petes fan. You're allowed to want your team to win. Crazy right?

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
You just want to talk shit about everything.

You're calling me not a Petes fan for looking back and saying damn I wish we got a great playoff run out of the McTavish era(or even 1 playoff game) when he was here. You sure thats what you want to go with? Say that out loud then realize how stupid that coment is. My last post was litearlly telling the Barrie guy that he needs to credit Oke for claling McT's bluff and taking him anyways

Apparently you're more then happy with 0 playoff games while he was here? To me that sounds a lot more like you're not even a Petes fan. You're allowed to want your team to win. Crazy right?
As a fan of the Petes I was disappointed but totally agreed with cancelling the 2019-2020 season and playoffs as we were set for a long playoff that year until Covid made the cancellation necessary. It is a possibility that we would had three to four series that year with Mason McTavish. I am not sure what would have happened in 2020-2021 as we would have been rebuilding but there was a chance he would not have been traded this year if last season had taken place as we would have been in our second year of the rebuild and likely would have been more competitive and might have kept him instead of trading him. If this was the case there might have been a longer first round and possibly a second round series. In reality we missed out on two possibly three years of seeing him in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad