Peterborough Petes 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Well, any last predictions? Who are they going to select?

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I really hope it’s Porter Martone but he will likely be gone -

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Sarnia scoops him up!
Porter Martone 5th overall to Sarnia-
Petes pick Jack Van Volsen 6th overall

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I am so happy to welcome Van Volsen to the team !!!

He is going to be AWESOME

Totally excited for next season

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Van Volsen was mentioned as one of the highest risers as the year went on.
Here's to hoping that continues. Here are the next few picks this morning:

Round 4 - Braydon McCallum (C) ....smaller centreman who put up good offensive numbers for the Brantford 99ers, averaging almost a goal and an assist per game

Round 5 - Easton Rye (G) - Peterborough born, solid season with Ajax-Pickering and was inspired to play goal by Andrew D'Agostini
Easton Rye

Round 6 - Lucas Tuin (LD)......stay at home Dman that is tough to play against
Here is an article about him......seems like a character kid, I like the pick
Lucas Tuin

Round 7 - Isaac Larmand (C)......15yo, 6ft4, 181lbs.......I'm guessing he's tough to play against

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Got to look at birthdates. Van Volson January bd, so almost year older than our 7th and 8th rounders which is good for development. More time to take a risk on later picks with later birthdates. Example Conner Smith.,

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Van Volsen was mentioned as one of the highest risers as the year went on.
Here's to hoping that continues. Here are the next few picks this morning:

Round 4 - Braydon McCallum (C) ....smaller centreman who put up good offensive numbers for the Brantford 99ers, averaging almost a goal and an assist per game

Round 5 - Easton Rye (G) - Peterborough born, solid season with Ajax-Pickering and was inspired to play goal by Andrew D'Agostini
Easton Rye

Round 6 - Lucas Tuin (LD)......stay at home Dman that is tough to play against
Here is an article about him......seems like a character kid, I like the pick
Lucas Tuin

Round 7 - Isaac Larmand (C)......15yo, 6ft4, 181lbs.......I'm guessing he's tough to play against
McCallum kid plays a pest “Brendan Gallagher” type style… his brother plays for Sudbury. I bet he makes the team next year.

Easton Rye seems like a shoe in for the starting gig for the U18 Petes.

I’d like to see them grab Joshua Brady later on… local lad who played for Clarington this year. Stick him with U18 as well.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
McCallum kid plays a pest “Brendan Gallagher” type style… his brother plays for Sudbury. I bet he makes the team next year.

Easton Rye seems like a shoe in for the starting gig for the U18 Petes.

I’d like to see them grab Joshua Brady later on… local lad who played for Clarington this year. Stick him with U18 as well.
Carter Frost from Ennismore looks like he’ll share the U18 goaltending duties with Rye. That worked out well

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Forward group next year…

Locks (10) -
Robertson, Avon, Lardis, Stillman, Alfano, Dubois, DeZoete, Page, Van Volsen, Melee

Fighting for spot (5) -
Gagner, Lewis, McCue, McCallum, Reyers

Possible additions (3) -
OA x2, Import Pick

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Forward group next year…

Locks (10) -
Robertson, Avon, Lardis, Stillman, Alfano, Dubois, DeZoete, Page, Van Volsen, Melee

Fighting for spot (5) -

Possible additions (3) -
OA x2, Import Pick
That’s a lot of extra bodies.
Is it time for the return of the Peterborough Roadrunners to the OJHL?😄

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Picks only are generally the cost for OAs
Can minimize the cost if you include a guy like Gagner or Lewis. There won’t be enough roster spots for them all…

Speaking of moves…. Saginaw has the second overall import pick and is eligible to return 2 very good import players already. Wonder what the cost would be to get Sapovaliv to the Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Forward group next year…

Locks (10) -

Fighting for spot (5) -

Possible additions (3) -
OA x2, Import Pick
lewis was a 3rd round pick last year, already on the bubble? bad pick if so.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
lewis was a 3rd round pick last year, already on the bubble? bad pick if so.
He will make the team but he will essentially be a rookie again next season… didn’t get a ton of ice. (Should’ve played Jr.B somewhere) Just mean that it’s going to be hard again for him to find ice time if the Petes plan on being contenders.

Reactions: ptbopete

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He will make the team but he will essentially be a rookie again next season… didn’t get a ton of ice. (Should’ve played Jr.B somewhere) Just mean that it’s going to be hard again for him to find ice time if the Petes plan on being contenders.

thought they really reached on him at the time, im not sure hes ever going to prove value with whree he was drafted

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
good point. I forgot Lewis was a third round pick and ahead of James Guo who I think is a future top four defenseman on the Petes. As for Lewis he is one of those guys this year you wanted to see more of but didn't. You can see the talent in Lewis and other guys like Page, Ziemans and Gagner. Hope they get the opportunity.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
good point. I forgot Lewis was a third round pick and ahead of James Guo who I think is a future top four defenseman on the Petes. As for Lewis he is one of those guys this year you wanted to see more of but didn't. You can see the talent in Lewis and other guys like Page, Ziemans and Gagner. Hope they get the opportunity.

im surprised they signed so many guys. why spend the $$$ on guys that may just be replaced the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad