Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Any guesses as to where Isaacson fits in the lineup this year? Injuries were an issue for him last season.....only 7 pts in 29 games.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
He should be 4th line at best. Hopefully with Jody Hull being gone we'll start to see some better roster decisions, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Who will be centering the 4th line? I don't see many depth center options. Last season the Petes had Robertson there to begin the year, and nobody at the end of the season.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

- haven’t been given a face to face meeting

- hasn’t held any trade talks about Cuylle

So the report that Wilson met with him after being named coach and the one said Bob Gainey met with him after taking a Petes position weren’t true. Thats very discouraging. Also don’t know why people are spreading that false info then

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Any guesses as to where Isaacson fits in the lineup this year? Injuries were an issue for him last season.....only 7 pts in 29 games.

He doesn’t.... he’s a 1999 born player who isn’t talented enough for top 6 and is taking away development time from anybody in the bottom 6.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Mo: In fact I was asking you a question. I figured you might have a name that I never heard of.
Haha you’re funny I have no name you’ve never heard of....wells will not be back have to go with what they’ve got..I wasn’t a big Dagostini fan but the team did ok despite..we’ll see...what do you think then?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Mo: Thanks for your response. I was just trying to figure out why you feel the Petes will be "competitive" as you stated earlier

With Wells in net last season the team won 23 games and missed the playoffs by a mile. It doesn't look like he's returning and the # 1 pick is unsigned.

What do I think? I think the team will be life and death to make the playoffs.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
:)
Mo: Thanks for your response. I was just trying to figure out why you feel the Petes will be "competitive" as you stated earlier

With Wells in net last season the team won 23 games and missed the playoffs by a mile. It doesn't look like he's returning and the # 1 pick is unsigned.

I think you’re wrong. :)

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Thanks Duke..I think a few forwards are going to make a big jump this season greater than they’ve seen for awhile and if they get average goaltending they’ll win 80’s Edmonton style until coach gets the d game straight..I believe that Wilson will make a huge impact on this team..I think they’ll finish 4-5..bold eh? Haha

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Thanks Duke..I think a few forwards are going to make a big jump this season greater than they’ve seen for awhile and if they get average goaltending they’ll win 80’s Edmonton style until coach gets the d game straight..I believe that Wilson will make a huge impact on this team..I think they’ll finish 4-5..bold eh? Haha

If only @OldTakesExposed was on hfboards

Reactions: TuckerFan1

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
What is with the Petes always being last to release their training camp rosters? Just brutal.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
What is with the Petes always being last to release their training camp rosters? Just brutal.

Why is it brutal?......Wouldn't you rather they take some time and put some thought into which guys will play together in training camp and see if they have chemistry?......especially this year
Don't forget they have a new head coach as well who has seen some video and surely received some input from the assistant coaches about the players. It's his team so I have no problem seeing the training camp rosters the day before they hit the ice.

They have already commented publically that Wells, Cuylle and Jack Bar will not be attending.......is their any other question marks we really need to know about?
They are on the road in Guelph on Saturday and at home on Sunday afternoon against Oshawa. It would be nice if they get a good sense about chemistry at training camp so they have some idea about some line combos and D pairings.

member 307081

Nic Robertson is a machine, you guys have a stud there. Pumped for the exhibition games coming up against the gens, always exciting hockey.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The Mike Oke era in getting top end defenseman to commit takes another hit.... Michael Suda won’t attend main camp.

Matt Cairns, Cameron Crotty, Davis Pennington and now Michael Suda. I’m sure there’s a few I’m missing but all of these kids attended rookie camp... showed well... and then Oke couldn’t get them to commit and they went NCAA. No wonder our blueline has a been a weakness for the past 4-5 years

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
The Mike Oke era in getting top end defenseman to commit takes another hit.... Michael Suda won’t attend main camp.

Matt Cairns, Cameron Crotty, Davis Pennington and now Michael Suda. I’m sure there’s a few I’m missing but all of these kids attended rookie camp... showed well... and then Oke couldn’t get them to commit and they went NCAA. No wonder our blueline has a been a weakness for the past 4-5 years
Have you seen the training camp roster?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yeah, they'd be loving all the Tolvanen and Perfetti are sure to be Generals posts.

Awhhh, poor little Petes fan got all butt hurt by a joke. Going to be a longggg season for ya bud!

Side note, yeah Petes fans would never get excited about a 2002 born who they thought was coming to their team but he was never actually coming.... (cites 2,0000,00000 posts on here about how Cuylle and/or Barr will come because the Petes can/will convince them)

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Here we go

Attachments

• ADAD5650-121A-4E48-AB7F-940887779DFA.png
    ADAD5650-121A-4E48-AB7F-940887779DFA.png
    568.3 KB · Views: 14

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Awhhh, poor little Petes fan got all butt hurt by a joke. Going to be a longggg season for ya bud!

Side note, yeah Petes fans would never get excited about a 2002 born who they thought was coming to their team but he was never actually coming.... (cites 2,0000,00000 posts on here about how Cuylle and/or Barr will come because the Petes can/will convince them)
Huh? I wasn't even in the original discussion... based on this response, I don't think I'm the one butt hurt here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad