Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I'm all for playing Jones a ton, he's a top 3/5 goalie in the league this year, but I'm surprised he went tonight. Game 2 of a back-to-back against the worst team in the conference, 2nd worst team in the entire league. that tells me they're trying to win every single point possible, which you'd think would mean they'd be willing to add from all the picks we have stocked up. Hopefully that happens soon. Could be the 2nd best team in the conference with a few non-major moves I think

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I'm all for playing Jones a ton, he's a top 3/5 goalie in the league this year, but I'm surprised he went tonight. Game 2 of a back-to-back against the worst team in the conference, 2nd worst team in the entire league. that tells me they're trying to win every single point possible, which you'd think would mean they'd be willing to add from all the picks we have stocked up. Hopefully that happens soon. Could be the 2nd best team in the conference with a few non-major moves I think
Even if their second in points can not be ranked second in the east that goes to the Central division winner.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
FWIW......I saw Oke at the Flint/London game
I’m not sure who he was watching in particular....hard to say

Yes it would be great to add a player like Dellandrea, but Flint isn’t going to make a deal for just picks and what player in the league is going to OK a trade to Flint at this point?

Maybe he was checking out some London players who will be feeling the squeeze with the return of Formenton and Bouchard?

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
How is Liam Kirk performing ? Had a look at his stats and they look reasonable but nothing spectacular. What sort of role is he playing ? What lines and units is he on and does he make you sit up and notice with anything in particular. Has the coach Rob Wilson anything to say on him ? We're all desperately hoping back here in the UK of course that he is impressing.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Chisholm should have been drafted a lot higher in the NHL, Winnipeg got a steal in the fifth round. If he were a London Knight he would have been a top 60 prospect.

probably higher :) Chisholm saw his draft stock fall mostly due to injury, though.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
FWIW......I saw Oke at the Flint/London game
I’m not sure who he was watching in particular....hard to say

Yes it would be great to add a player like Dellandrea, but Flint isn’t going to make a deal for just picks and what player in the league is going to OK a trade to Flint at this point?

Maybe he was checking out some London players who will be feeling the squeeze with the return of Formenton and Bouchard?

If I had to guess... I would think he was watching Fedor Gordeev from Flint and Jacob Golden from London. We need a defenseman upgrade. I really don’t think Golden is worth the picks so I hope he goes for Gordeev.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
How is Liam Kirk performing ? Had a look at his stats and they look reasonable but nothing spectacular. What sort of role is he playing ? What lines and units is he on and does he make you sit up and notice with anything in particular. Has the coach Rob Wilson anything to say on him ? We're all desperately hoping back here in the UK of course that he is impressing.

Kirk has been ok. He hasn’t lived up to the hype quite yet... but he’s still adjusting to the North American style of game. (Smaller ice, very physical etc). Last two games he has been promoted to the “second line” if you will... with Paquette and Gogolev and he has points in both games. He always makes the smart, simple play and that allows him to be very effective defensively. I think by this time next season he will be a dramatically improved player.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

He hasn’t been as advertised imo. And that’s probably not his fault. He was hyped up as this really skilled player who was going to come over and dominate the league and he just isn’t that. He can play a safe, controlled game, but he’s a 3rd liner on most OHL teams

Reactions: BMann

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If I had to guess... I would think he was watching Fedor Gordeev from Flint and Jacob Golden from London. We need a defenseman upgrade. I really don’t think Golden is worth the picks so I hope he goes for Gordeev.

I agree that we need an upgrade. When Beraldo/Supryka are on the ice they always seem to be turning the puck over and under pressure. When the bench gets shortened in the 3rd period, Those top 4 D are playing a lot of minutes. Any idea what Gordeev would cost?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fan dropping in to ask about what appears to suddenly be a really hot prospect for us. I have not had a chance to watch Chisholm play but his numbers are eye popping so far. Anything you can tell me about his game and who an NHL comparable might be style wise?

Thank you and congratulations on your 11-7 start.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Jets fan dropping in to ask about what appears to suddenly be a really hot prospect for us. I have not had a chance to watch Chisholm play but his numbers are eye popping so far. Anything you can tell me about his game and who an NHL comparable might be style wise?

Two way game. Incredible skater. Not an “elite” offensive game... generates his offense by playing a smart simple game.

Last year he was asked to do too much to soon. Now with an NHL development camp under his belt, he has the confidence to be a #1 defenseman at the OHL level.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I hear you-but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when players do that logo taunt thing!
It seems like it's a Russian thing more than anything, I don't mind the logo grab if it's to the fans or something but just not so much right at the bench

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018

Great player and a great kid. He's got all the skills, and now confidence, to be a real special player. He was hurt for a good chunk of last season, so I'm pretty convinced that's why he fell to the 5th round. You guys have a good prospect in him

Reactions: ps241

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Great player and a great kid. He's got all the skills, and now confidence, to be a real special player. He was hurt for a good chunk of last season, so I'm pretty convinced that's why he fell to the 5th round. You guys have a good prospect in him
Would like to see Chisolm get bigger which will happen with time. He really has improved this year though.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Niagara has the league’s best goal differential, right now. That is really good.

Niagara is 3-4 D-men and 2 forwards away from a team capable of competing for a championship. And with the lack of picks they have, good and not great is likely to be their ceiling. they'll lose this year because of the Miletic trade last year, which I still can't understand

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
And Niagara has not had a full line up all year Hunter still out.

He's a slightly above average OHL'er with no pro future (didn't get drafted in either years of his eligibility, has 18 points in his 102 career games and is a -6). He's not a difference maker so constantly bringing that up (I've seen you do it like 10 times) doesn't make much sense. Zach Gallant is much more impactful than Drew Hunter is

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Prospect Update ....

Dustin Hutton(01) has 5 points in his first 3 games in the OJHL for the Jr.Canadiens. The talent level is there for Hutton... he’s just gotta put on some good weight and not be so soft.

Jakson Kirk(02) is skating with Elmira in the GOJHL. He has 8 points in 14 games.... off to a good start.

Carter Schooenderwoerd(02) is with St.Marys Lincoln’s in GOJHL. He has 9 points in 14 games.... he’s a big 6’4 power forward.

Jack Bar(02) has 4 goals in 3 games for St.Andrews in the CISAA. Man, would it ever be nice to talk him out of his commitment.

Aaron Chiarot(02) is with Welland in the GOJHL. He has 3 points in 9 games and 25pims. I really liked this kid at camp and think he could be a solid stay at home OHL defenseman.

Last edited:

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
He hasn’t been as advertised imo. And that’s probably not his fault. He was hyped up as this really skilled player who was going to come over and dominate the league and he just isn’t that. He can play a safe, controlled game, but he’s a 3rd liner on most OHL teams

Thank you Petes and Square Corners. I hope he develops as Petes suggest. I am sure he can. He is a good listener and the coaching there is far superior to anything he could receive over here not to mention the level of competition. Even if he does not make it into the NHL we are hoping for a much better player who could make it in one of major European leagues. Cheers.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Prospect Update ....

Dustin Hutton(01) has 5 points in his first 3 games in the OJHL for the Jr.Canadiens. The talent level is there for Hutton... he’s just gotta put on some good weight and not be so soft.

Jakson Kirk(02) is skating with Elmira in the GOJHL. He has 8 points in 14 games.... off to a good start.

Carter Schooenderwoerd(02) is with St.Marys Lincoln’s in GOJHL. He has 9 points in 14 games.... he’s a big 6’4 power forward.

Jack Bar(02) has 4 goals in 3 games for St.Andrews in the CISAA. Man, would it ever be nice to talk him out of his commitment.

Aaron Chiarot(02) is with Welland in the GOJHL. He has 3 points in 9 games and 25pims. I really liked this kid at camp and think he could be a solid stay at home OHL defenseman.

Great job thanks!

Don’t forget Keegan McMullen(02) Timmins Rock NOJHL 21gms 6g 7a 13pts 6pims

Pretty good draft class for 16 yr olds contributing in jr b and a ..like it!

Reactions: Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad